• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids opium tea

Peter864

Greenlighter
I got a pod that had cuts in it. I scraped some opium into hot water with a tea bag and drank it . Will this work?

You will soon find out :)

After using Kratom for quit some time I found the effect of Poppy Pod tea unpleasant. But instead you could maybe check before you ingest Peter864 next time. Pod's can be nausseating beyond believe for one thing. Wouldn't wiss it upon anyone.

As for the ammount of latex one has to collect for a good size dose? But the scrapin's of one pod seems a bit like a underdose. You then again could have a giant.

You might have to either dry the pod, crush up finely and make a tea...or put the fresh pod in a blender with some warm to hot water and a bit of lemon juice. You can then strain it after letting it steep or consume the sludge if your brave and have the stomach for it.

The tea, even when strained properly tastes.. unpleasant. But the sludge is quite the challenge. A fresh green pod is stronger than a dried one so don't consume too much tea or sludge on your first go.

Try a small amount to gauge it's potency and see if you can tolerate the taste. Even a few scrapings from a scored pod probably wouldn't be enough for more than one serving, if that.

Yeah it doesn't sound like enough for any effects. Especially if you've a tolerance to codeine etc.
Careful with pods/seeds etc as you just never know how much you're getting unlike pharmaceuticals.

Agreed, even with a codeine tolerance, pods can vary greatly, they demand respect and titration or trying small amounts until you know what you're dealing with.

Too much, even if it doesn't cause an OD can make you really sick for up to a couple days. So there's more than one reason to start slow and refrigerate the rest.

Basicly my whole opiod perception is based upon Kratom. Although my first experience was with Codein. I overdosed with both the first time, underestimated the effects.

No harm dun btw, nothing like respiratory depression. Codein was forgiving it had me sleeping or very sleepy for 24 hours. Almost total amnesia accept I remember pissing, drinking and eating some in between the twilight sleep.

Kratom is more in the nausea area, in the center is the great crown of nauseous opoids. Grandmaster pod "Papaver Somniferum". Overdue this one naively and you are screwed next 24 hours.

5/ 7 pods harvested in your neighbourhood with unexpected potency can do this.

In general, when accustomed to it, my (used to) Kratom beats any of the other opiods I trialed. It is just plain better as Tramadol, Codein and Poppy Pods, Preference.
Just like I still feel fresh Khat/ Catha Edulis is the best recreational stim I tasted. And I tasted enough to have some ref's.

Has anyone found a way to store poppy seed extracts for more that a few hours before they go rancid?

I have done all sorts of things with seeds and pods both, more so to have the peace of mind that the unspoken motto "O yeah, fuckers? I'll just make my own" gives me when dealing with the medical establishment et al. Like the time that I started with a number of kilos of seeds from the grocers, extracted, and my first washings from five kilos of seeds made me feel just like Jesus' receptionist, and I slept like a dormouse. Then, a few days later, the neighbourhood raccoons presented me with token amounts of opium latex and Concentrate of Poppy Straw equivalents, morphine, codeine, dihydromorphine, diacetylmorphine, hydromorphone, and nicomorphine visible to the naked eye because I had been so kind to them and their brothers the opossums, who had done the same with pods earlier, all these years. Just to prove they could do it, and we all feel a lot less anxious these days. They raised their little mammal voices in a chorus of the old song "The Ace In The Hole"

I can even take concentrated pod extracts with me on the road at room temperature in water bottles, but in some cases, poppy seed tea is almost unpotable after a 30 minute steep after a 30-180 second stir. Other times it is fine; I use lime juice to drop the pH of spring water to 6.5 and do it all at room temperature.

Has anyone found a way to store poppy seed extracts for more that a few hours before they go rancid?

I have done all sorts of things with seeds and pods both, more so to have the peace of mind that the unspoken motto "O yeah, fuckers? I'll just make my own" gives me when dealing with the medical establishment et al. Like the time that I started with a number of kilos of seeds from the grocers, extracted, and my first washings from five kilos of seeds made me feel just like Jesus' receptionist, and I slept like a dormouse. Then, a few days later, the neighbourhood raccoons presented me with token amounts of opium latex and Concentrate of Poppy Straw equivalents, morphine, codeine, dihydromorphine, diacetylmorphine, hydromorphone, and nicomorphine visible to the naked eye because I had been so kind to them and their brothers the opossums, who had done the same with pods earlier, all these years. Just to prove they could do it, and we all feel a lot less anxious these days. They raised their little mammal voices in a chorus of the old song "The Ace In The Hole"

I can even take concentrated pod extracts with me on the road at room temperature in water bottles, but in some cases, poppy seed tea is almost unpotable after a 30 minute steep after a 30-180 second stir. Other times it is fine; I use lime juice to drop the pH of spring water to 6.5 and do it all at room temperature.
When I made the poppy seed tea once I stored it in the fridge and that was recommended by users on another drugs forum.It won't keep forever but longer than at room temperature. I ended up throwing it away but not because it went rancid. it was just too disgusting to drink.

Another thing is that if it goes rancid it is because it contains some of the oils from the seeds... that's why you shouldn't soak the seeds for longer than a few minutes as the oils will start to seep into the water. A long soak isn't necessary at all. Also, never grind the seeds either.

When I made the poppy seed tea once I stored it in the fridge and that was recommended by users on another drugs forum.It won't keep forever but longer than at room temperature. I ended up throwing it away but not because it went rancid. it was just too disgusting to drink.

Another thing is that if it goes rancid it is because it contains some of the oils from the seeds... that's why you shouldn't soak the seeds for longer than a few minutes as the oils will start to seep into the water. A long soak isn't necessary at all. Also, never grind the seeds either.

I know people who grind seeds also because of speculations of the existence of cannabinoids in the fats -- a bad idea all around because it makes the product soapy, and I believe that a kilo of seeds contains 10 000 Calories or something like 41 000 kJ -- weight control problem city . . . opium itself is less fattening.

So changing the temperature, salinity, pH of the solution after extraction to kill yeast, bacteria, &c won't help, I imagine, and extracting with reagent grade ethanol is wasteful and non-scalable presumably.

049-doughnut.gif

Last edited:
I know people who grind seeds also because of speculations of the existence of cannabinoids in the fats -- a bad idea all around because it makes the product soapy, and I believe that a kilo of seeds contains 10 000 Calories or something like 41 000 kJ -- weight control problem city . . . opium itself is less fattening.

So changing the temperature, salinity, pH of the solution after extraction to kill yeast, bacteria, &c won't help, I imagine, and extracting with reagent grade ethanol is wasteful and non-scalable presumably.

049-doughnut.gif

The oils are just undesirable. They make the tea taste even worse, contain nothing useful and can go rancid. All people need is on the exterior surface of the seeds.

You're steeping the seeds for too long as said above.

Keeping it in the fridge will make it last longer.

Adding a small amount of alcohol to the mix will help kill bacteria. I'm not sure of the proof the tea should be, but aim low so you're not getting drunk.

I think the steeping time is the biggest factor.here though. The seeds also absorb some of the tea as they leach out bitter fats, which makes your tea weaker and more bitter.

The tea tastes like sweat juice jock crotch socks squashed into sludge juice. Not worth it by a long shot ?

^ What a lovely mental picture.. ?

The fresh pod sludge is still my favorite because even though it's horrific, it doesn't take much and packs a better/ different punch from seed washings. A liter of seed tea can be a lot of work to guzzle vs a couple shots of sludge.

I just put some poppy seeds in a bucket and stirred them for five minutes and strained -- a little darker and much clearer than the old method, so I guess one can assume that the turbidity of poppy seed extracts has to do with oils and resins and so forth. What I would really like to develop is some kind of combination of a hydrometer and paint colour comparison card that people could use to get a rough estimate of the alkaloid content of seed and pod extracts, as not everyone has a mass spectrometer in their house . . .

Some of the resins, however, have to me seemed to have a glucosamine/chondroitin type effect, so maybe they are not all bad . . .

The darkness of the colour can be a very rough guage of strength, but as different latex can vary widely in alkaloid content, this would be unreliable really.

Best way is to sip a small amount and wait a couple hours. Drinking it whilst warm to hot helps it kick in faster.

Mixing the tea with carbonated water or chasing it with a carbonated beverage or medication helps it hit harder and faster too.

Might as well ask here instead of making another thread on the same topic. I'm getting in some dried pods soon. I plan to make tea since it seems like the easiest way to prepare them. What's the best technique? I've read a lot of different info on here and other sites but it's often contradictory. The basics seem to be crushing the pods into powder, mixing into hot water then using lemons or citric acid to extract those lovely alkaloids. Finally filtering out the sludge. Any further tips on how to get the most from them?

I'm already aware of the best harm reduction practices to start very slowly to check the potency. I'm planning to use just two pods to start and will drink a small amount, wait for it kick in, then redose accordingly.

Seems like you basically have it down. A café tierre or however you spell it is great for making poppy tea. Just make it exactly like you would with fresh coffee grounds.
You can do a second rinse to make sure you got all the alkaloids too.
Don't forget to remove the seeds if they haven't already been and either use them in you garden or scatter them across the local community so you can harvest next year.

i was hooked on poppy seed tea for 6 years. drank 1.5-3+ pounds a day, every day.

my technique was to put X number of pounds in a 2 liter bottle, fill with water until 1/2" above the seeds. i used water from the k-cup machine so it was hot, but not boiling. shake for 8 minutes. any longer and the nasty alkaloids would come out. any shorter i felt not enough was washed off.

second wash is unnecessary.

adding lemon juice/acid is unnecessary.

boiling it down to reduce volume is not recommended, i suspect it destroys active alkaloids.

the darker the color the better, the more bitter the taste the better.

can't really be stored for more then a few hours. i kept it for a day once and was even more horrid to drink, yet still worked.

drink all immediately. after 1hr if its not working, its not going to get any stronger. sipping for a long time dulls the effects. take in one dose as you would medication. for this reason it is NOT recommended for people who are not very opiate tolerant.

acute withdrawal lasts 7 days with 7 more of lingering effects. i got to experience this in jail with no comfort meds. i have withdrawn from every opiate there is and this was comparable to bupe. the phyiscal PAIN was worse then any others.

any more question on PST just ask.