• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids opium tea

I thought a second soak would save money and petrol money for me but when I drank the stuff I had twitches and an awful feeling that I imagine would be a good laboratory model for the early comedown for experienced tweekers. Jesus, what was it? Bulbocapnine? Sanguarine? Laudanosine? To this day I don't even have a good hypothesis on it.

I used to get myoclonus on very high hydromorphone/IV orphenadrine HCl doses, but that was like the friendly ghost of nausea that users love about a heroin come-up.

Usually thebaine is the twitchy one out of the bunch and a spasmodic iirc. Don't have any solubility figures atm though.

If you get the Norman variety, like the ones in Tasmania, there's no morphine in them, just tons of thebaine and a very dysphoric ride if not a trip to the hospital.

Usually thebaine is the twitchy one out of the bunch and a spasmodic iirc. Don't have any solubility figures atm though.

If you get the Norman variety, like the ones in Tasmania, there's no morphine in them, just tons of thebaine and a very dysphoric ride if not a trip to the hospital.

Those seeds actually look different and chefs and everyone else find their taste very objectionable, correct? They are brown, an uncommon colour of Papaver somniferum Linnaeus 1762 seeds, and a kosher cook once told me that she would just as well use seeds of the flower love-lies-bleeding because they look the same but don't taste like shit. More data for my theory that it is the morphine and codeine which make poppy seeds taste good when used for baking.

I used to get fifty kilo bags of seeds from an alkaloid works in the region which were black with some blue and were from the other Tasmanian poppies which are now closing in on the equivalent of 30 per cent morphine opium latex, the equivalent because I believe they exclusively use a variant of the János Kábáy 1925 poppy straw method for making high-morphine CPS in Tasmania. More commercial seeds around the world appear to come from high-morphine cultivars than low given that most of the poppies on earth have more than less because of the reason for which they are grown. No surprise -- poppies and people are facultative co-symbionts like the pistol shrimp and the fish that cleans its shell and lives with it because it is so gangsta.

Last edited:
I've heard of the enhanced Morphine content poppies, but Thebaine is the preferred precursor for most all of the semi synthetics. Ion exchange resins have made it so efficient that literally everything but the roots can be used.

This is an excerpt from a trial of Johnson & Johnson, Teva and Purdue from May 30 2019:

Testimony introduced a day earlier indicated that Tasmanian Alkaloids, a poppy processing subsidiary of Johnson & Johnson from 1982 to 2016, produced about 40 percent of the world’s legal opiate crop. The firm based in Tasmania developed a new strain of poppy that officials called Norman, the crop used to create a substance called thebaine that was used in the production of OxyContin and other opioids.

I've heard of the enhanced Morphine content poppies, but Thebaine is the preferred precursor for most all of the semi synthetics. Ion exchange resins have made it so efficient that literally everything but the roots can be used.

This is an excerpt from a trial of Johnson & Johnson, Teva and Purdue from May 30 2019:

Does the Norman cultivar consistently make elevated amounts of oripavine or is that another cultivar, engineering project, or just hit & miss?

I think it was in 2017 that I saw a story from the Sydney Morning Herald about the national poppy crop and it sounds like in Tasmania it is 40-43 per cent high-thebaine, 40-43 per cent high-morphine, and presumably the rest are either the original 8-17 per cent morphine ones or something else. They have had people steal high-thebaine poppies, try to make opium and heroin out of them and get very sick.

I also believe that the famous poppy-eating macropods of Tasmania have figured out which fields have their medicine in them. I am sure other Australian animals eat them too, as do raccoons, rabbits, all sorts of rodents, birds of all descriptions, North and South American opossums, and I believe that the snake on the Rod of Asclepius comes from a European Rat Snake bringing a poppy in its mouth to another snake injured by another animal sometime back in antiquity. I know that monkeys get into South Asian poppy crops as well, as would be expected. In these cases it was manifest that they sought them out for intoxication, analgesia, anti-diarrhoeal properties or who knows what else, not unlike animals from bees to chimpanzees seeking out fermented fruit to get ploughed.

My favourite animal story was of the octopus in a pharmacology lab at a university in Canada I think it was who figured out what was going on, got out of her tank, walked across the room, got into the morphine and ate it all, then got back into her tank.

They also found out that rats laugh their arses off right before getting laid or getting shot up with morphine. I do as well, sometimes.

Thebaine can be the number three or at least four alkaloid in opium and is more concentrated in poppy straw than latex opium caeteris paribus, I believe. Not by much, but I think I heard it was the plant starting to make codeine into thebaine after a certain stage in the life of the poppy.

Last edited:
When I made the poppy seed tea once I stored it in the fridge and that was recommended by users on another drugs forum.It won't keep forever but longer than at room temperature. I ended up throwing it away but not because it went rancid. it was just too disgusting to drink.

Another thing is that if it goes rancid it is because it contains some of the oils from the seeds... that's why you shouldn't soak the seeds for longer than a few minutes as the oils will start to seep into the water. A long soak isn't necessary at all. Also, never grind the seeds either.

Something else I can suggest about this is that for disposing of the used seeds -- flush them down the toilet. There are two reasons for this -- they smell awful after just a few hours, and a lot of sewerage authorities pass along treated sewage to farmers or spread the solids on land they own. I have heard lots about the numerous tomato plants growing in these places -- might as well cause a poppy field to be sown. If it is nowhere to be seen, the birds will find it, and poppies will grow all over the place soon enough.

Seems like you basically have it down. A café tierre or however you spell it is great for making poppy tea. Just make it exactly like you would with fresh coffee grounds.
You can do a second rinse to make sure you got all the alkaloids too.
Don't forget to remove the seeds if they haven't already been and either use them in you garden or scatter them across the local community so you can harvest next year.
i was hooked on poppy seed tea for 6 years. drank 1.5-3+ pounds a day, every day.

my technique was to put X number of pounds in a 2 liter bottle, fill with water until 1/2" above the seeds. i used water from the k-cup machine so it was hot, but not boiling. shake for 8 minutes. any longer and the nasty alkaloids would come out. any shorter i felt not enough was washed off.

second wash is unnecessary.

adding lemon juice/acid is unnecessary.

boiling it down to reduce volume is not recommended, i suspect it destroys active alkaloids.

the darker the color the better, the more bitter the taste the better.

can't really be stored for more then a few hours. i kept it for a day once and was even more horrid to drink, yet still worked.

drink all immediately. after 1hr if its not working, its not going to get any stronger. sipping for a long time dulls the effects. take in one dose as you would medication. for this reason it is NOT recommended for people who are not very opiate tolerant.

acute withdrawal lasts 7 days with 7 more of lingering effects. i got to experience this in jail with no comfort meds. i have withdrawn from every opiate there is and this was comparable to bupe. the phyiscal PAIN was worse then any others.

any more question on PST just ask.

Cheers you two. I made some PST yesterday and was surprised by how nice and strong it was. Literally just used unwashed seeds I ordered off a mainstream online retailer. Bit odd and twitchy which I'm guessing is the thebaine but I could definitely feel the morphine and codeine content too.

Everything I've read says pods are far better than seeds though so can't wait for them to drop.

Some shithead US Senator had them start hassling retailers about unwashed seeds, but I wonder what kind of penetration that NKVD bullshit is going to get. I got a message from a young lady in the States with a picture of seeds from a grocery store that actually were full of pieces of the poppy capsule up to a centimetre long. She had a glass in her hand and a smile like a rattlesnake from the last batch . . . .
Logistics, expense, taste of the product, inertia . . . hopefully those pinheads have met their match in Mother Nature's daughter Poppy.

Ive never used the seeds but the pods absolutely pack a punch. You can get as high as you like and it lasts ages.
Please be careful with them even though you do have a high tolerance.

Best thing to do is to grind all your pods and mix it all up. That way you get to know the strength of your batch of straw way faster and you can dose by weight or by teaspoons.. Strength of morphine content can vary from pod to pod.

Ive never used the seeds but the pods absolutely pack a punch. You can get as high as you like and it lasts ages.
Please be careful with them even though you do have a high tolerance.

Best thing to do is to grind all your pods and mix it all up. That way you get to know the strength of your batch of straw way faster and you can dose by weight or by teaspoons.. Strength of morphine content can vary from pod to pod.

Thanks for looking out mate. Absolutely going to start slow on these and work out the potency of the batch.

i never worried about legislation passed stopping me from getting them since i think my source is exempt... got seeds in 50lb boxes at a time for about the cost of a bundle of good dope. obtained from a sect of very nice religious folks who abstain from modern medicine. they never once questioned or passed judgement. think that weird al cover of gangsters paradise...

on probation for the next 4 years so i quit. i don't think i'll go back... really don't miss waking up sick and having to prepare and chug about 24oz that foul liquid. however i did the foolish thing and developed a kratom habit... up to 30g a day now... :\

Poppy seeds with every bit of latex washed off of them would almost certainly be useless from a culinary standpoint since they would not taste like anything . . . as poppy seed tea makers know: 1) it is impossible to get 100 per cent of it off the seeds and 2) wet seeds can start to taste and smell abominable within a couple of hours, so aside from me not being able to conceive of a cost-effective way to wash the seeds in the first place, I think I know why there has never been much of an effort to do this in the past. My worry would be the government, willing to let fentanyl on the street in counterfeit pills and fake smack and put poison in alcohol during prohibition, would start pressuring growers or other people in the supply chain to spray them with organophosphate pesticides so people would shit themselves to death.

Also, you have to wonder what any suckers who start washing seeds are going to do with the washings -- it would be just as much fun as it is for pharmacies to divert controlled substances and it would help them recoup their losses to concentrate them and carpe diem. On more of a theoretical and spiritual level, everybody knows that chemical processes never reach 100 per cent down to the molecular level, or even that . . . hence the persistence of Bolivian Marching Powder in Coca-Cola and other similar beverages at part per billion levels and sometimes much higher if the batch of coca leaves isn't processed properly at the factory making the decocainised coca concentrate and/or pharmaceutical C-Jam. There was an energy drink in recent years with a batch tested at more than 3 per cent blow if I am not mistaken.

Harm Reduction Note: Do not quaff Coca-Cola trying to get the nose candy -- the amount would be more than enough to fill an aeroplane fuel tank and in theory you would explode your digestive system, dilute your electrolytes until you die, and the caffeine overdose could kill a brontosaurus. Coca-Cola is a medicine already and was invented as one -- use it to chase your opium tea and cure upset stomach. If you want to turn back the clock to before 1902, and who doesn't, you will have to go see your retailer of recreational pharmaceuticals and obtain some snow.

Last edited:
i never worried about legislation passed stopping me from getting them since i think my source is exempt... got seeds in 50lb boxes at a time for about the cost of a bundle of good dope. obtained from a sect of very nice religious folks who abstain from modern medicine. they never once questioned or passed judgement. think that weird al cover of gangsters paradise...

on probation for the next 4 years so i quit. i don't think i'll go back... really don't miss waking up sick and having to prepare and chug about 24oz that foul liquid. however i did the foolish thing and developed a kratom habit... up to 30g a day now... :\

Looks like this was more a way for that fucken Bolshevik to virtue signal and moan about how much he cares . . . I'm sure if somebody in manifest economic distress came up to him with the shakes with a runny nose and asked for a donation he'd probably push or kick them out of the way. The deserved reputation of the seeds and about a half-dozen other things that to which similar things have happened like Kratom is that they help people get off of narcotics, which cuts in on the profits of the rehab racket, and therefore ignorant, vicious, corrupt politicians.

It was people selling poppy seeds in bottles labelled specifically for washing off the latex and drinking it that got them started, and the FDA sent them a letter about labelling saying it was a drug and not food, which is debatable but not something one could not see coming. So stop doing it! Get it out of sight was the order of the day, apparently. Much of the narcophobes' modus operandi in recent decades has been obscurantist. As the old proverb goes: lies grow on what is forgotten.

Last edited:
Another thing about low-morphine poppies is that the original cultivar for this purpose was the Przemko strain developed in Poland I think it was, and although a large a fraction of culinary seeds come from the region, with the Czech Republic and Hungary being large producers and practically every country in Europe making at least a few kilos of seeds, this is not really a concern. Most of them are regular opium poppies and I do believe the Prezemko seeds do have a different, I believe blander taste. Plus unless one is growing them for aesthetics or totally duped by the authorities and scared out of their wits, there is no percentage in selectively growing that cultivar. In Hungary, which makes much of the morphine used in Europe, anybody can grow up to two hectares of poppies if I am not mistaken. Were I younger and able-bodied that's what I'd do -- head over to Hungary and farm poppies and belladonna.

And as I can attest, the presence of actual capsule fragments in a jar of poppy seeds is a good sign. Heck, maybe one can strain them out and build their own poppy and make pod tea straight up legally as the seeds are unassailably so. "I can't help it, officer, it came in the tin like that"

Another thing about low-morphine poppies is that the original cultivar for this purpose was the Przemko strain developed in Poland I think it was, and although a large a fraction of culinary seeds come from the region, with the Czech Republic and Hungary being large producers and practically every country in Europe making at least a few kilos of seeds, this is not really a concern. Most of them are regular opium poppies and I do believe the Prezemko seeds do have a different, I believe blander taste. Plus unless one is growing them for aesthetics or totally duped by the authorities and scared out of their wits, there is no percentage in selectively growing that cultivar. In Hungary, which makes much of the morphine used in Europe, anybody can grow up to two hectares of poppies if I am not mistaken. Were I younger and able-bodied that's what I'd do -- head over to Hungary and farm poppies and belladonna.

And as I can attest, the presence of actual capsule fragments in a jar of poppy seeds is a good sign. Heck, maybe one can strain them out and build their own poppy and make pod tea straight up legally as the seeds are unassailably so. "I can't help it, officer, it came in the tin like that"

In the Czech Republic the local junkies enjoy going to those poppy fields, harvesting a few, cooking up some morphine, and having a little holiday once a year so they certainly are psychoactive.

Has anyone found a way to store poppy seed extracts for more that a few hours before they go rancid?

I have done all sorts of things with seeds and pods both, more so to have the peace of mind that the unspoken motto "O yeah, fuckers? I'll just make my own" gives me when dealing with the medical establishment et al. Like the time that I started with a number of kilos of seeds from the grocers, extracted, and my first washings from five kilos of seeds made me feel just like Jesus' receptionist, and I slept like a dormouse. Then, a few days later, the neighbourhood raccoons presented me with token amounts of opium latex and Concentrate of Poppy Straw equivalents, morphine, codeine, dihydromorphine, diacetylmorphine, hydromorphone, and nicomorphine visible to the naked eye because I had been so kind to them and their brothers the opossums, who had done the same with pods earlier, all these years. Just to prove they could do it, and we all feel a lot less anxious these days. They raised their little mammal voices in a chorus of the old song "The Ace In The Hole"

I can even take concentrated pod extracts with me on the road at room temperature in water bottles, but in some cases, poppy seed tea is almost unpotable after a 30 minute steep after a 30-180 second stir. Other times it is fine; I use lime juice to drop the pH of spring water to 6.5 and do it all at room temperature.
Your problem is you leave it too steep for way too long. Seeds leech lipids and all that in the water after that long and that's what gives people nausea and makes it go rancid.
You need just a fee minutes of vigorous shaking to wash seeds.
Steeping is more for poppy pods. I've had both many times. I even gave myself a nasty chest burn once making some poppy pod tea. Still have a big scar. Was a 2nd degree burn. Don't shake containers full of boiling hot water haha.

In the Czech Republic the local junkies enjoy going to those poppy fields, harvesting a few, cooking up some morphine, and having a little holiday once a year so they certainly are psychoactive.

I can't watch the video because it's age restricted and my mummy won't give me permission the witch