• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids opium tea? /eating opium

tristy

Greenlighter
I got some refined opium and I want to try making a tea out of it because smoking it seemed to be wasteful and kind of ineffective. I was told that one should "cook" the opium before smoking it to avoid a stomach ache (just hold it above a lighter and let each side of a ball bubble a little). Should I do that with the opium when I take it orally too? Also I've heard that one should wrap the opium in cigarette papers to avoid stomach burn if swallowing a ball. I don't care whether I eat it or drink it, I just want an oral ROA. How much should I take and how should I prepare it?

I would dissolve it in some hot water, add some honey perhaps. If it is already refined, no need to cook or heat treat before eating.

The dose is less clear. Depends on your tolerance and strength of the opium. Refined opium can contain 20% morphine by weight so you should dose according to how you would dose morphine.

I used raw opium lots of time do it orally and have some sweet tea afterward with a bar of chocolate suger gets the buzz going better

What technique were you using to smoke it? When I had Indian opium I thought smoking was ineffective but it turns out my technique was just really bad. How much to take depends on the potency of your opium. I just swallowed it and never had any stomach issues.

How would I make a tincture? And how is it better?
Tincture of opium is what used to be known as laudanum. You dissolve refined opium in high percentage by volume alcohol (I use 80% rum).
The alcohol both potentiates the effect as well as having a preserving effect, so a bottle of the stuff keeps really well ; it also helps neutralise the characteristic strong smell of the raw latex. I add a little glucose syrup and some sweet spice such as vanilla or cinnamon, purely for palatability.

You do not cook opium because it's bad for your stomach. You refine it by boiling and filtering (3 x is the classic method but not worth it for very small quantities) in order to get rid of impurities. That process is only really necessary if you intend to smoke it (unrefined opium is not smokeable). Smoking is FAR MORE effective than oral administration, same as with heroin, because you take up the active compounds directly through your nasal membranes into your bloodstream, and very little is lost that way. Doing it right though takes some practice as well as equipment.

Last edited: