• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opium Microdosing?

Codysbl

Greenlighter
First of all, I've read many discussions on this site and I appreciate the information everyone is willing to share. I also am a first time poster so am not sure where to place this post.

SWIM has been involved with things like hydrocodone, hydromorphone, codeine, oxycodone and other similar drugs (hydrocodone being the favorite) for the last few years.

Alongside these there is occasional (a few times a month) use of cannabis and mdma. Used to be a daily cannabis user but doesn't seem to get the desired affect anymore.

This person likes the hydrocodone feel because it makes him productive and efficient at work, and creative in off time, it is also incredibly helpful with pain management (though there is not enough pain from relevant injuries to prove/justify a consistent prescription).

He has done some research on pods and opium, and does know that batches vary in potency. His question, though, is if it is possible to ingest opium in small doses to get the pleasant, painless high of these other opioids?

He knows that it would be different, but the idea of using a more natural (though stronger, I know) substance to get the functional high that he is fond of would also be more attractive than something made in a lab.

If it is possible, he has follow up questions about the exact process, though he knows that this is not allowed in the forums.

Thank you so much for any help, again I really enjoy reading all the discussions on this site as everyone is so helpful and for the most part without judgement.

Last edited:
please post in the first person, no SWIMming, no friend of a friend, just talk normally.
also, welcome to Bluelight :)

okay, so the first issue i would raise with micro-dosing an opiate is diminishing returns - especially if you take into account the addiction factor.
how would you avoid this issue?

I get what you mean by diminishing returns and addiction, for me I have been content for years with small amounts of the above mentioned substances, often taking a month or two off usually because of supply issues, but with no problem withdrawing or intense cravings. My experience has been pleasant and not overboard in any way, and after so long I am still content with the small amounts I started with. In times where I have tried stronger ones such as a couple 4mg dilaudud and other similar but stronger pills, I didn't become dependent or feel like the others weren't enough.. I preferred to go back what I knew I liked, which was much lower.

If this is not an appropriate thread to have here I can go somewhere else, I was just hoping to see if using the natural pod and having small doses myself is possible and how the affects would relate.