• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids opioids/pregab use not abuse

dynodavie

Bluelighter
Anyways so had neck surgery in may 2020 and got prescribed short term opioids then pregabalin for dealing with my chronic pain issues so I started buying oxy off of friends and people I know and used oxy for a little over a year for about 4 or 5 days a week and on my days off would use the Pregabalin then I decided that I couldn't go on like that so I quit the oxy about (250)mg a day cold turkey and I used Pregabalin to deal with the oxy withdrawal which worked but I must have used it a little to long at high dose (400)mg a day because after the oxy withdrawal I went through a Pregabalin withdrawal as well but I did it and detoxed myself for 6 weeks off of everything but due to the pain issues I have in my neck, I decided that I cant go on like that as well so I came up with a schedule of use and have been sticking to it for the last 5 weeks, I do my oxy @ about 80 mg on Tuesdays which is one of my hardest days at work and have a few lingering positive pain relieving effects into Wednesday then on Saturdays I take my Pregabalin which would be the peak day of any kind of opiate withdrawal for me and that as well has some positive lingering effects into Sunday which gives me 4 half decent days a week where I don't have bad nerve pain and I kind of feel like at this pace I shouldn't have to worry about becoming physically dependent on either drug and I am aware it is a slippery slope and dangerous as well but my neck and lower back have protruding disc and I deal with a lot of pain but I have to work to support my family so... but I am getting close to retirement so I was only planning to use for about 4 or 5 more years and if I can lay around I really won't need the pain meds as much, that being said I was wanting to know of anyone else's dosing schedule or substitute for pain meds that actually work for nerve pain and also could I use the oxy maybe Tuesday and Wednesday of each week and then my Pregabalin on Saturdays do you think that would be little enough use and time between doses to not become physically dependent or suffer withdrawal or build tolerance so if I so decided I just wanted to be off of everything all together like I did the beginning of June of this year where I made sure I was clear of everything for 6 weeks before coming up with the schedule I have now, I don't know weather to shit or go blind at this point dealing with my nerve pain issues and not be hooked on some kind of drug...I mean I do have willpower and can quit it all if need be like I did in June but damn I need relief sometimes...

What’s the problem with just using opioids and the pregabalin as prescribed by the dr?

Using the lowest dose you get effect from and taking tolerance breaks will help to extend time between dose increases.

What’s the problem with just using opioids and the pregabalin as prescribed by the dr?

Using the lowest dose you get effect from and taking tolerance breaks will help to extend time between dose increases.
@MsDiz because my oxy says 20 mg twice a day and my pregabalin 3 times a day everyday and i know if i use it everyday i grow tolerance and dependence, and if i want to be off i have to face withdrawal which ive done a few times in my adult life but im trying to get some relief and not be hooked on anything so im trying to figure how many time in a week i could use and not face withdrawal

You could do one dose a day and be fine. If you do more than one dose a day, must skip days. Eventually on one dose a day you’ll become dependent but it’ll be very small.

@MsDiz because my oxy says 20 mg twice a day and my pregabalin 3 times a day everyday and i know if i use it everyday i grow tolerance and dependence, and if i want to be off i have to face withdrawal which ive done a few times in my adult life but im trying to get some relief and not be hooked on anything so im trying to figure how many time in a week i could use and not face withdrawal
Ok…

So, using your oxy once a week won’t cause you to create a physical dependence, well it shouldn’t, even with your past history.

Nor will using the pregabalin once a week although… it’s a funny one. I really would caution you with it, whilst it’s good for opioid withdrawal I dont think you need it if you’re only planning on using the oxy once a week. If you’re using it for nerve pain then I guess try it out. I do think you will have some issues stopping though, even using once a week. I don’t think it will be severe but I definitely think you’ll feel it.

I use pregabalin myself on and off for nerve pain. Whether I use it for a day or two days, even if I haven’t used it for weeks/months I do have withdrawal symptoms. They don’t last long, they aren’t super bad but they are there. Usual, sweating, anxiety, insomnia… I can stop my high dose pain meds and feel ok in a day or two but the pregabalin definitely leaves me feeling a lot weirder for a lot longer.

It’s a funny drug and one I haven’t really figured out even though I’ve researched it a lot so I would tend to prefer seeing it not prescribed at all for pain related issues.