• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Opioids Potentiating Opioids

ChemicallyEnhanced

Bluelighter
I've read many posts about this happening.
I sometimes get codeine as well as dihydrocodeine. So would I get more effect from X amount of DHC and Y amount of codeine equalling Z amount of overall opioid than by just taking Z amount of DHC?

Sort of. Combining different opioids does potentiate the effects (a tiny bit), but not to the point where combining them would be literally more efficient than just taking a larger dose of one kind--if that makes sense.

I've potentiated opioids with kratom in the past. In a way you'd think you would be ripped and have no pain relief whatsoever, but the effects are enhanced and reduced in different ways simultaneously. Your brain won't really be able to distinguish the difference between a handful of one kind of opioid and two different kinds. However it gets more complex when it comes to the two different substances having a different duration/half-life. The effects might feel stronger for a bit but then if one substance has a longer half life, the effects will taper off differently and peak at different times.

Is that what you were asking or did I misunderstand? You might be displeased by combining things.