• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioid withdrawal

She63

Greenlighter
Hi everyone. I am currently trying to withdraw from opioids and was given mirtazoline I am asking for doses and how long please ? My past withdrawals have taken three days. Thank you

Are you asking about mirtazapine(antidepressant) or metazoline(blood pressure medication)?

Day 1 no withdrawals just staying in bed want to know doses abd timeline pls

What opioid you took is gonna make a difference.
The halflife determines the length of withdrawals.

And mirtazapine isnt gonna help much at all, mean it could make you tired at night and you might get some sleep easier. But it will not help stop the actual withdrawals cuz they hit totally different receptors. It could be considered a comfort med to a degree

id get some Loperamide tho maybe take 10-16mgs of that a day and it would take the edge off quite a bit. It works off opioid receptors but doesnt get you high just helps kill the physical sypmtoms quite a bit. Its available over the counter, its like a poor mans methadone.

Taper it down over a week 2mg drop per day and stop.

Last edited:
Also mirtazpine massively exacerbates opiate effects if u go back on them.

Just seen on news a guy in prison died after being given it with his methadone. Not sure why the doctor would've done it as I thought it well known.

Well the Mirtazapine might help the insomnia and loss of appetite, but I can't really see it helping the other aspects of withdrawal.