• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids (opiods) Poppy seed tea. Need help and advice!

BenarGila

Bluelighter
My doctor cut off my tramadol. I was taking 3 per day along with some codeine for breakthrough pain. I'm 21, 170lbs.

I currently have a half pound of poppy seeds bought in bulk at a health type store soaking in 2 cups of water and the juice of one lemon. Its been soaking for about about 20 minutes, shaking here and there.

The seeds looked good-with a slight white layer on them. They were labeled "organic whole blue poppy seeds) and I bought just over a pound.

For my weight, tolerance, etc how much of this liquid should I drink, what should I look out for and does anyone have any advice for a first time poppy seed tea drinker? Will they give me an opiate/opioid high along with pain relief?

Thanks in advance.

I just drank half of the tea. I am waiting 40 minutes to drink the other half and I will update again with the effects.

Good thinking. It's better to take too little the too much.I've been taking seeds for years so I kinda consider myself an expert lol.

Half gave me some pain relief and a small opiate buzz, but I never drank the other half because it was late at night and I have a slight morphine allergy (reacted to IV with hives at the ER) so I would rather not go to sleep right away after drinking a larger dose. I'm going to try another .5 pound pag today.

a couple things...

first, you're going to want to agitate the mixture steady for 5-10mins instead of letting soak for 20mins.

2nd, be advised that the addiction to PST is likely much more serious then a tramadol dependancy. you're ingesting a lot of different alkoloids that the body gets used to and in my experience the WD is more violent then heroin.

3rd, now consider your source if you become dependant - is the health store going to be cool with you buying a pound of seeds or more every day? you'll get to be good friends with them, so why will you say you need them when they see you every day soon as the door opens?

most importantly, if you have a "slight" morphine allergy you should really stay away from seeds as what you are getting is mostly a morphine/codeine mixture. if you get extra strong batch one day your allergy may not be so slight. someone with an allergy to morphine dies from PST - that is press we do NOT need.

best advice would be to kick the tramadol dude, before things get worse. do not take substances you are allergic to.

So tonight I bought some more seeds, put a little over a half pound in a gallon jug with some lemon juice and a 2 cups of water. Shook for 10 minutes. Strained and drank within 45 minutes. Not too much pain relief or any buzz yet. About to do a second wash with some of the tea I made earlier that seemed weak (pale yellow color)

Last edited:
a couple things.. Is the health store going to be cool with you buying a pound of seeds or more every day? You'll get to be good friends with them, so why will you say you need them when they see you every day soon as the door opens?.
lmfao!