• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Opiod withdrawal

Yes, gabapentinoids in general help alleviate withdrawal symptoms of opioids (and a few other substances, IME).
Should be covered in the thread I linked to. Covers all this and quite a bit more. But by all means; if ya have a pointed question, we always here to break off a little info fo da bro/sis. ;)
One
<3

You have to get gabapentin from a dr, but it's easy to get. They prescribe it for nerve pain mostly, but you can get it for withdrawal and anxiety issues. I told my dr I was having meth cravings really bad and I suggested gabapentin, said I had read online its beneficial in helping cravings. She gave it to me with no problem.
You can also try kratom to help with the withdrawals. That's what kratom is mainly used for.

Best of luck to you.

Thanks how about kratom? You know anything about it? I bought some but don’t like putting what I don’t know in my body. Any experience or knowledge will help

Hey mate.

Can you tell, which opioid WD are we talking about? drug? dose?

Kratom may not help you much if you're on a WD from a strong opioid.

KraTom has been good for withdrawals, ( tastes like and old sweaty shoe)
just search on line and you will find loads of pages selling and of course promoting it. It is a plant from SE Asia , been around for 1,000 of years

What is gaba exactly what does it do and where do you get it I know some geezers who me some to go help codeine wd ages ago they were supposed to give me codeine but failed and said the gaba's are better

What is gaba exactly what does it do and where do you get it I know some geezers who me some to go help codeine wd ages ago they were supposed to give me codeine but failed and said the gaba's are better
Gabapentin, its commonly used for nerve pain. Really good for wds.

Never tried Pregabalin but do believe it's really similar to Gabapentin. And yes, it most definitely helps with both. It's a wonder drug.

Loperamide, has worked for me a few times in doses ranging from 6 mg up to 24 mg.

Heh you can always try it, but I know there are some wild debates about this OTC med going on in the past and continuing still... :p

-- Peace o/

Loperamide, has worked for me a few times in doses ranging from 6 mg up to 24 mg.

Heh you can always try it, but I know there are some wild debates about this OTC med going on in the past and continuing still... :p

-- Peace o/

Can you believe that in Chile loperamide is sold in a box with 6 tablets? What a damn joke is that.

Yes, gabapentinoids in general help alleviate withdrawal symptoms of opioids (and a few other substances, IME).
Should be covered in the thread I linked to. Covers all this and quite a bit more. But by all means; if ya have a pointed question, we always here to break off a little info fo da bro/sis. ;)
One
<3
Hi, I was wondering how I go about getting some of this if it hekps with withdrawal thanks

Tell your doctor you have restless legs when you go to bed at night and you have taken gabapentin before for it and it helped tremendously.
Im not sure that would work, i have been with the same doc for years so they know I haven't had them before. thanks for replying, any other ideas?

Im not sure that would work, i have been with the same doc for years so they know I haven't had them before. thanks for replying, any other ideas?
Tell your doctor someone else you know of told you it helped with their restless legs then

How do I get this gabapentin? Does it really help withdraw? Thanks
Self medicating never works you will just go back one step forget about gaba mate get something that is actually designed and works for this get substitutes to go a clinic or an addiction centre and get a prescription in as a little as twenty minutes I personally prefer and recommend methadone over suboxone trust me most people find it impossible until they get on a substitute and stop stealing and spending all your money until your ready to quit for good it really is amazing methadone is the light that has appeared for me at the end of a dark tunnel I thought was endless it really is amazing plus you can catch a good buzz off meth as long as your patient and take it responsibly otherwise it's dangerous to try my cousin who I never knew died from a methadone overdose no bulshit

Self medicating never works you will just go back one step forget about gaba mate get something that is actually designed and works for this get substitutes to go a clinic or an addiction centre and get a prescription in as a little as twenty minutes I personally prefer and recommend methadone over suboxone trust me most people find it impossible until they get on a substitute and stop stealing and spending all your money until your ready to quit for good it really is amazing methadone is the light that has appeared for me at the end of a dark tunnel I thought was endless it really is amazing plus you can catch a good buzz off meth as long as your patient and take it responsibly otherwise it's dangerous to try my cousin who I never knew died from a methadone overdose no bulshit

This.

There are lots of drugs that can alleviate opiate withdrawals in the short term. But as @Ganjcat said, self medicating rarely works. You gotta get with the program...

Gabapentin for me hits weird. It's a very odd drug for me. I never really got above taking 300mg and then another 300mg a few hours later. Dizzy isn't the right word. But I had this sense of impending "overdoing" it feeling, so I never pushed it. However, I can say it does help. But you're gonna have to push past any trepidation. Hell, there are people on this site who are like "yeah man, take 2 grams, accept no substitutes." Like jesus, that just scares me. The other thing to remember is it can take a really long time to hit. For me, I've had it take like 3 hours to really kick in. And my stomach was empty. There's all sorts of bullshit about acidity and fat and how fast it absorbs. It appears as though it is processed fairly uniquely by the body, and your system can only process so much of it, so taking it all at once is apparently a waste. So "they say" to take a certain amount, and add to it every hour until you're good.

I will say it did allow me to sleep when I was in the weeds bad with withdrawals. It gave me some weird dreams, but they weren't unpleasant. I dreamt about Randy Rhoades and Randy Savage racing in NASCAR on a road course, except they were the same person and I knew this, but also knew I was conflating the names. Helluva dream.

It also can give visuals, which no one prepared me for (I had thought I had read up on it). We're not talkin like trippin balls, but it'll definitely add some sparkles and distortions to your vision, as well as closed eye visuals.

There's my 2 cents. Don't gulp 1.5g at once. Take 300mg, wait an hour, take another 300mg. Etc. Just be patient. I'm no expert, but there ya go.