Opinions Needed - Splitting Opiate Discussion Off From OD Into A New Forum

Would you like to see opiate discussion split off from OD and into it's own forum?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
People are knowledgeable in all different fields, but may only access a certain part of the site regularly. For example, if ED and PD were together with OD, I would be more inclined to give information and advice on these topics. However, at the point in my life I am at now, my reason for coming on this site focuses on the drugs discussed in OD.

I strongly oppose a split on grounds of it limiting potential exposure and discussion of material.

I never understood why bluelight.ru groups together basically all narcotics into "Other Drugs."
Especially with opiates - BL really needs a Opiate Discussion forum seeing that about 80% of the threads in "Other Drugs" are about opiates/opioids... I would look at opiophile.org, they have a Awesome set up with their forums.

I do think that opiates/opioids are very very related to downers, im talking obviously about benzodiazepines, so I think that if there is not enough threads to create an opiate forum, just as the admin or moderators thinks, a "downers and opiates" (or something like that, you know what I mean) should be created.
Opiates/opioids and downers are almost strictly associated, I bet 9 of 10 opiates/opioids users take some downers to enhance them (benzos, barbiturates, alcohol, antihistamines, muscle relaxers, etc.).

Opiates/opioids and downers are almost strictly associated, I bet 9 of 10 opiates/opioids users take some downers to enhance them (benzos, barbiturates, alcohol, antihistamines, muscle relaxers, etc.).

That is the reason they need to stay together, not be split off.

but if downers are being taken to enhance opiates, then that is still a topic relating primarily to the use of opiates.

There are a lot of "other" drugs and "other drugs" users. Opiates make up a large portion of those. I believe opiates DESERVE it's own forum.

I voted it should have its own, I found it odd that it didnt when i first got here.

Is there any way that OD can just have subcatagorys?

Split "other drugs"

Lumping opiates, amps, RCs, benzos, and more into one forum makes it rather unfocused. I'd like to at least see opiates split into their own forum since it seems at least 2/3 of OD posts are about opiates. For those of us who have zero interest in opiates it makes OD hard to peruse. Thanks for considering. <3

Splitting Other Drugs

Hear, hear! The space available seems plenty enough. It is SO difficult to find what you're looking for, even with the search facility. I look for benzos and get a huge page of threads discussing some weird chemical called Benzo Fury, which appears to have about as much in common with benzos as bananas have with pepper mills. Surely headings can be created to differentiate between stimulants, anxiolytics, opioid analgesics, hypnotics, and anti depressants/psychotics. That would still leave plenty of space for the treatment of less commonly discussed meds such as skeletal muscular relaxants which believe it or not I spent over an hour looking for the other day. I can't for the life of me find a vendor of cheap Wallace Carisoma (carisoprodol) anywhere nowadays and even if US Pharmacies shipped my way I wouldn't pay their thieving prices for such a cheap med. Anyway I think you get my point. Split 'others' into their categories and you'll have a neater board and many happier users.

Last edited:
Hello, and welcome to BL :D

Have you met our search function? I gave it a whirl with the keyword "Split" here in SUPPORT (though you could have chosen "Other Drugs", I suppose). Here's what I found:

Why isn't there an Opium/Opiate/Opioid Forum?

Opinions Needed - Splitting Opiate Discussion Off From OD Into A New Forum

I suppose the SUPPORT mods will be merging these recent replies into one of those threads. :\

To answer you question - it can be, but so far it hasn't been, and may not be. But it could be.

Hello, and welcome to BL :D

Have you met our search function? I gave it a whirl with the keyword "Split" here in SUPPORT (though you could have chosen "Other Drugs", I suppose).

I did search, for "Other drugs", and only found one thread which wasn't related to splitting.

Just read those other two threads, and they're mainly from the perspective of opiate aficionados who want a forum of their own. So let me rephrase my suggestion a different way. Can we have a stims-only forum? That would be just dandy.

I am not a fan of the policies at DF but one of the things I really love about it is that there's a separate forum for each type of drug. Who cares if a single forum isn't especially busy? If it's easier to find the information you want, and have discussions you're interested in, then it works for everyone.

I think he meant searching in OD, not searching for "other drugs" here in Support.

*Merge*

I just posted something here not 5 minutes ago and now it has vanished.
However the icon to the left of the thread says I still have a post here on 2-10-2011 (not this one. This would technically be my 3rd post in this thread as I posted here when this was 1st started)
I'm very confused.

edit - yes the envelope icon to the left of the thread still says I have 3 posts. 8(

Last edited:
Damn the poll is closed so I can't vote. But the yes's are already overwhelming so I guess my vote isn't critical.

I just posted something here not 5 minutes ago and now it has vanished.
However the icon to the left of the thread says I still have a post here on 2-10-2011 (not this one. This would technically be my 3rd post in this thread as I posted here when this was 1st started)
I'm very confused.

edit - yes the envelope icon to the left of the thread still says I have 3 posts. 8(

Odd, I dont see any deleted or UA'd things so it looks like the system just decided to eat your post... could have happened when I merged things I suppose. :?

Surely headings can be created to differentiate between stimulants, anxiolytics, opioid analgesics, hypnotics, and anti depressants/psychotics.

Erm... We have these? You just posted this today so you had to have seen them...

Odd, I dont see any deleted or UA'd things so it looks like the system just decided to eat your post... could have happened when I merged things I suppose. :?

lol @ the system being hungry.
I hope my post was tasty. :D

I think he meant searching in OD, not searching for "other drugs" here in Support.

*Merge*

She was right, I meant searching in SUPPORT. The split of stims as a suggestion was also had before in such discussions...I just forgot how many of the earlier threads on this had been pruned away. My bad.

absolutely, no question

I think itsa no brainer.

It should absolutely have its own forum.

Thereby allowing people to better find what they are looking for; both users seeking opiate discussion AND users seeking other drug discussion- especially when I bet a lot of the OD seekers are/can get a bit frustrated that opiate discussion drowns out and completely takes over the OD forum.

I just joined today in fact, and while browsing I actually wondered why there wasnt a seperate forum for it, as that is my 'forum of interest'

Status
Not open for further replies.