• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Opiate withdrawal help

If you go for days for that habit you're only a day or 2 away from dopesick and able to function without dope. I wish i did that years ago cause it gets worse the more you do for longer.
I don't understand that. Are you saying dopesick only starts after a couple of days?

I don't understand that. Are you saying dopesick only starts after a couple of days?
When i would get sick off of a smaller habbit it usually only last 5-7 days. So if you do 4 why not an extra day or 2 and be free from them for good. Unless you take them for legitimate pain and not addiction

When i would get sick off of a smaller habbit it usually only last 5-7 days. So if you do 4 why not an extra day or 2 and be free from them for good. Unless you take them for legitimate pain and not addiction
Good point but my use is medical. I have a bad back. Made worse after surgery.
I just want to be comfortable until a get my script tomorrow.
I use 8 to 10 pills a day. Each 10 mg. It's been years. 😔

Question. I took 300 mg at 8 pm last night and 8 am when I got up. I feel shitty but functional. Every 45 minutes sounds like a lot. Is it safe?

As drugs go, Gabapentinoids are considered to be on the safer side. If we are looking at this on a sort of spectrum in which Alcohol, Benzodiazepines and Opioids are all on this line with Gabapentinoids, it's my belief based upon my knowledge and experience, that Gabapentinoids are a lot safer. The terminology used in the pharmacology world to represent this level of relative safety, would be a drug's therapeutic index or rather, it's place on the therapeutic index to be specific. Gabapentinoids, in short, have a pretty favorable therapeutic index.

Now, as Gabapentinoids, including Pregabalin (Lyrica), of course, have become more commonly used and abused over the past decade or so, there has been a lot of noise made about how these drugs are contributing to the spike in poly-drug overdose deaths. What we do know, is that Gabapentinoids are popping up more frequently in drug tests performed on overdose patients, but what we don't actually know, is how they truly contribute to the safety of an individual, poly-substance user, We only know that people are taking them a lot more, not actually what their role is in the overdoses.

I'm hoping that this isn't totally confusing.

As drugs go, Gabapentinoids are considered to be on the safer side. If we are looking at this on a sort of spectrum in which Alcohol, Benzodiazepines and Opioids are all on this line with Gabapentinoids, it's my belief based upon my knowledge and experience, that Gabapentinoids are a lot safer. The terminology used in the pharmacology world to represent this level of relative safety, would be a drug's therapeutic index or rather, it's place on the therapeutic index to be specific. Gabapentinoids, in short, have a pretty favorable therapeutic index.

Now, as Gabapentinoids, including Pregabalin (Lyrica), of course, have become more commonly used and abused over the past decade or so, there has been a lot of noise made about how these drugs are contributing to the spike in poly-drug overdose deaths. What we do know, is that Gabapentinoids are popping up more frequently in drug tests performed on overdose patients, but what we don't actually know, is how they truly contribute to the safety of an individual, poly-substance user, We only know that people are taking them a lot more, not actually what their role is in the overdoses.

Just a followup to thank you guys for helping me out previously. I used gabapentin for two days while I was out of meds and it helped immensely. I had diarrhea and felt loopy but no physical pain or shaking. I took 300 mg every 3 hours and it worked. Thanks again all especially Keif Richards!

Now, as Gabapentinoids, including Pregabalin (Lyrica), of course, have become more commonly used and abused over the past decade or so, there has been a lot of noise made about how these drugs are contributing to the spike in poly-drug overdose deaths. What we do know, is that Gabapentinoids are popping up more frequently in drug tests performed on overdose patients, but what we don't actually know, is how they truly contribute to the safety of an individual, poly-substance user, We only know that people are taking them a lot more, not actua

lly what their role is in the overdoses.

Gabapentin was amazing for me personally with in withdrawals. Even when I was kicking a bad alprazolam and fentanyl habit gabapentin, some benzodiazepines, loperamide and clonidine worked wonders for helping me get through it.

About the gabapentin though dose three hundred milligrams every half hour to forty five minutes. I’m not sure if it’s just me personally but taking them with something sweet and carbonated like a soda seemed to help them kick in quicker. Just dose that way every half hour and watch as the withdrawals melt away.

Benzodiazepines help a lot as well. But they are best used sparingly and when needed really badly. Valium is one of the few things that helped my rls consistently. Dosage depends on the person but generally start with a light to moderate dose and increase the dose the next time you take it if needed just be careful with them as you don’t want to leave detoxing with another addiction and withdrawing off of high doses of benzoes is even worse than fentanyl withdrawal.

Loperamide I usually start with a high dose of around 24 mg and then taper it down daily as the acute phase of the withdrawals end. But I know that’s the dose that works for me so I would recommend starting low and dosing in 4mg increments until you get the desired effect.

Clonidine is very helpful being an alpha blocker because of your body kicking out so much epinephrine while in withdrawal. I’ve also taken tizanidine but overall I much prefer clonidine. When I withdraw I take between .1 to .3 depending on how many other sedating detox meds I have taken with .2 what I take most of the time. If you haven’t taken it before and your taking other sedating meds to help I’d recommend sticking with .1 or if your symptoms are peaking and .1 didn’t help upping it to .2

One thing I would be careful with is antihistamines. While they help with the cold like symptoms they can increase your chance of having rls.

If you don’t have access to benzodiazepines then in a pinch baclofen can help a little bit. It’s nowhere near as effective as benzodiazepines but if your desperate anything that helps take the edge off even a little bit is helpful.

This response ended up being a lot longer than intended it to be lol. If you have any questions feel free to message me I’m always happy to help.

Get some painkillers, some tranx if you can get hold of them. Plus you want plenty fluids (my go-to is fresh orange juice, but you may prefer something else). Probably want some Imodium to stop the back passage quick-step. Not to mention plenty of distraction, something entertaining to watch. Might get through that box set you've been meaning to watch for ages haha.

My best tip is just don't panic about it and forget all those film scenes with people thrashing about like they're in the seventh circle of hell. You're gonna be fine . 👍

Last edited: