• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Opiate withdrawal help

Milehigh ghettowedo

Greenlighter
So I'm gonna be in withdrawal from around 70mg daily of percocet and me being myself, ran out early. Next refill in about 4 days I have a bunch of gabapentin, would that help the w/d? And how much should I take? And that short of time I shouldn't get w/d from the gaba right? Thanks in advance!

So I'm gonna be in withdrawal from around 70mg daily of percocet and me being myself, ran out early. Next refill in about 4 days I have a bunch of gabapentin, would that help the w/d? And how much should I take? And that short of time I shouldn't get w/d from the gaba right? Thanks in advance!
Gabapentin will certainly help. There's lots of things you could use to bridge the gap. Kratom, poppy seeds, loperamide. Is codeine otc where you live? Thats another possible option. You could even use benzos to sleep through it if you can get your hands on them. But at the same time gabapentin may be enough itself. How much to take... Idk. Try 600mg to start maybe. No need to worry about gabapentin withdrawal if you only take for 4 days.

Last edited:
just get any meds you can and try to make yourself as comfortable as possible and go for a jog or something.

at night time have a nice hot bath and have a hot chocolate or my preference cappuccino it's gonna suck but your not gonna die no one likes withdrawal but me personally although you should exercise in situations like this but I just end up in bed all day watching YouTube and going downstairs to eat and grab a hot drink.

and one more thing you might be dreading the withdrawal and all that but it's not as bad as it seems, think of it like this a lot of people going into withdrawal don't have any money, scripts or anything they don't know when they are gonna score again and that will make their withdrawal ten times worse but you on the other hand know you will have your script in 4 days I think you said? At least you know that your only have to get through a few days I know that don't seem like much especially now but it is also if you don't use for 4 days your tolerance will drop significantly and you will get a better buzz plus you will also get a rush of relief after going from withdrawal to normal which will give you an even better result.

One more tip is try to stay cheerful and watch funny stuff etc moping about and being miserable will just make you feel worse when we smile naturally it releases dopamine just accept the situation accept that you got a cold for a few days get a blanket some munchies some smokes and chill and he grateful to the gods that At least you know you will get sorted in 4 days and when you feel like swallowing the pills like candy and going over your prescribed dose remember these four days but if you do don't beat yourself up you only get one life and it could end anytime so you might as well try to make the best of every day plus you never know what tomorrow will bring.

Good luck my brother big love ❤

And don't do lopermide all it will do is fuck up your tolerance and heart and if it's still in your system which it likely will be because it's long lasting it could mess and fuck up your high next time you take your meds everything else the above guy said I agree with and I'm not dissing him because a lot of people use lope but in the end it's better to just leave it it's just not designed to be used for our purposes. I'd recommend you have no opiates and just let your body refresh itself as much as possible before you get your next script also when you do get your next script maybe you should give a few pills to someone to hold or if your a loner like me who has no friends just mail it to yourself 2nd class then theirs nothing you can do until it arrives.

Mailing drugs is easier and not as risky as you would think, At least it is in the uk.

just get any meds you can and try to make yourself as comfortable as possible and go for a jog or something.

at night time have a nice hot bath and have a hot chocolate or my preference cappuccino it's gonna suck but your not gonna die no one likes withdrawal but me personally although you should exercise in situations like this but I just end up in bed all day watching YouTube and going downstairs to eat and grab a hot drink.

and one more thing you might be dreading the withdrawal and all that but it's not as bad as it seems, think of it like this a lot of people going into withdrawal don't have any money, scripts or anything they don't know when they are gonna score again and that will make their withdrawal ten times worse but you on the other hand know you will have your script in 4 days I think you said? At least you know that your only have to get through a few days I know that don't seem like much especially now but it is also if you don't use for 4 days your tolerance will drop significantly and you will get a better buzz plus you will also get a rush of relief after going from withdrawal to normal which will give you an even better result.

One more tip is try to stay cheerful and watch funny stuff etc moping about and being miserable will just make you feel worse when we smile naturally it releases dopamine just accept the situation accept that you got a cold for a few days get a blanket some munchies some smokes and chill and he grateful to the gods that At least you know you will get sorted in 4 days and when you feel like swallowing the pills like candy and going over your prescribed dose remember these four days but if you do don't beat yourself up you only get one life and it could end anytime so you might as well try to make the best of every day plus you never know what tomorrow will bring.

Good luck my brother big love ❤
If you make it 4 days just keep going. Oct 2-Oct 3 I took a half a Vicodin each day and have been sober since. I feel good

gabapentin will most defiantly help get some lope as well do whatever you need to make you comfertable but take something fatty with it start low by day 3 get to your highewst dose then a quick taper if you never been addicted to it before you should be good. try to get Pregabalin if you can its gabapentins much stronger brother

Just read dont get lope that is true once i took 40 2 mg lope and my heart hurt but take a couple just so you dont keep yourself on the toilet

If you make it 4 days just keep going. Oct 2-Oct 3 I took a half a Vicodin each day and have been sober since. I feel good
defo I agree but come on I think the op deserves a little something if they got 4 days

hey op let us know what's happening and how your doing mate stay strong ❤

Just read dont get lope that is true once i took 40 2 mg lope and my heart hurt but take a couple just so you dont keep yourself on the toilet
I've used lope for wds 100s of times with excellent results and never had problems. I never exceeded 20mg though. And only for the first 2-3 days then full gabapentin.

And don't do lopermide all it will do is fuck up your tolerance and heart and if it's still in your system which it likely will be because it's long lasting it could mess and fuck up your high next time you take your meds everything else the above guy said I agree with and I'm not dissing him because a lot of people use lope but in the end it's better to just leave it it's just not designed to be used for our purposes. I'd recommend you have no opiates and just let your body refresh itself as much as possible before you get your next script also when you do get your next script maybe you should give a few pills to someone to hold or if your a loner like me who has no friends just mail it to yourself 2nd class then theirs nothing you can do until it arrives.

Mailing drugs is easier and not as risky as you would think, At least it is in the uk.
Thats huge doses for extended periods of time. 6 tablets a day for 4 days is fine for helping withdrawals. Theres other options sure but its better than nothing

I know that its incredibly painful to go through any kind of opiate withdrawal of any intensity, but the financial misery/spiritual destruction that ensues from a consistent opioid habit is insufferable. No opiate withdrawal of the strongest calibur in sickness could compare to the hellhole that long term opiate abuse brings to any user. Even the best heroin addicts with years of experience under their belt who still hold full time jobs and raise children would state the same (I'd think). Once you hit a certain point in your painkiller abuse, it just really fucking sucks. It makes people want to off themselves and I wish I could sugar coat it better than that. Thats what it feels like honestly when you are stuck "at that point" of being so tired of not living your best life, and then swallowing more pills until you forget about your potential and the actual potential you could have without the pills lol. Weird how one of the best feelings in the world for so many people is the most miserable one too.

Try to go as long as you can go for and bask in the feeling for as long as you can. Try a little bit more the next time you are ready. Try again and again and eventually you could reach a time period where you actually have a choice in whether you desire to use or not. The withdrawal really makes your choice fuzzier than ever when you're going through it. Until it recedes enough, I doubt any drug addict will make a proper choice when it comes to opiates and most do cave right back into using full time sadly. Its not that bad when you realize you might have a million dollars instead of being mostly poor all the time (even if you're rich already since this habit notoriously costs a mansion for many). I just don't see any benefit to opioids when someone is worrying about how to live without them. That just doesn't seem recreational to me, now does it?

I know that its incredibly painful to go through any kind of opiate withdrawal of any intensity, but the financial misery/spiritual destruction that ensues from a consistent opioid habit is insufferable. No opiate withdrawal of the strongest calibur in sickness could compare to the hellhole that long term opiate abuse brings to any user. Even the best heroin addicts with years of experience under their belt who still hold full time jobs and raise children would state the same (I'd think). Once you hit a certain point in your painkiller abuse, it just really fucking sucks. It makes people want to off themselves and I wish I could sugar coat it better than that. Thats what it feels like honestly when you are stuck "at that point" of being so tired of not living your best life, and then swallowing more pills until you forget about your potential and the actual potential you could have without the pills lol. Weird how one of the best feelings in the world for so many people is the most miserable one too.

Try to go as long as you can go for and bask in the feeling for as long as you can. Try a little bit more the next time you are ready. Try again and again and eventually you could reach a time period where you actually have a choice in whether you desire to use or not. The withdrawal really makes your choice fuzzier than ever when you're going through it. Until it recedes enough, I doubt any drug addict will make a proper choice when it comes to opiates and most do cave right back into using full time sadly. Its not that bad when you realize you might have a million dollars instead of being mostly poor all the time (even if you're rich already since this habit notoriously costs a mansion for many). I just don't see any benefit to opioids when someone is worrying about how to live without them. That just doesn't seem recreational to me, now does it?
no not rec, im living my best mid life crisis, id force self to get more(fent) and have to take some to drive home, not good i know but the pain, id never suggest driving on any drug , just saying it felt safer to have a lil to get the pain better to drive safer, that was a nasty cycle, and i feel for you intensely, i might take a break from BL, but listen to the folks here please, i have bottle of narco, recently given me to me(gifted to me by daughter, she doesnt know i have probs) and im focused on it, thinking up ways in my addict mind, to convince self i have severe pain, when i just wanna get high, they are evil and a god send for many, i dont need to tell you, you know so much of living around your next fix, so far ive gone 6(7? o eff it), mo w/o my DOC, but now im obsessing, i give good natural advices, most people i know WDn dont wanna spend any money on kratom, kava, etc but would trade anything or buy the naro no prob, i know you are hanging tough, im battling my mind set now and it best i just focus on my navel, i wont pray for you i dont people. just pray for whirled peas. i just want you to get to the light side, i want you better , what a long strange trip its been :bear::bolt::good vibes::bear::bolt::good vibes::bear:

When people ask me personally what the best medications are for treating Opioid withdrawal, I generally say these three:

Clonidine (Catapres)

Gabapenting (Neurontin)

Marijuana (The Dankies HCL)

Just an aside, for many folks, the get recommended sedative antihistamines like Diphenhydramine (Benadryl), which would seem alright, but in practice, these often exacerbate symptoms like Restless Legs and I can personally attest to this. If you're going to take an antihistamine, Hydroxyzine (Vistaril; Atarax) is a lot better in this regard and has many of the same benefits that Diphenhydramine would have.

Clonidine should be taken a few times a day, 0.2mg each, although some people in severe withdrawal can tolerate 0.3mg. Start slowly. The primary side effect of overdose is going to be orthostatic hypotension and hypotension in general. At any rate, if you're new to Clonidine, be careful getting up too quickly as a lot of folks experience syncope from too high a dose. Clonidine is helpful in reducing temperature issues (heat/cold intolerance), perspiration etc. It helps with anxiety in a more physical sense. It will make you feel less on edge/tight in the chest. It's most useful for insomnia in my opinion.

Gabapentin (Neurontin) I would say, take 300mg every 30-45 minutes with food (important) until you feel okay. You shouldn't be taking more than about 1800mg without a previous tolerance, but it's not a drug that causes problems for most people in elevated dosages. It's prescribed in dosages as high as 4,800mg a day safely. Gabapentin helps a lot with Restless Legs/Akathisia, Insomnia, Anxiety and Insomnia. In my personal opinion, the most effective drug for treating Opioid withdrawal that isn't an Opioid.

Cannabis is just helpful for symptoms like nausea, insomnia and anxiety.

When people ask me personally what the best medications are for treating Opioid withdrawal, I generally say these three:

Clonidine (Catapres)

Gabapenting (Neurontin)

Marijuana (The Dankies HCL)

Just an aside, for many folks, the get recommended sedative antihistamines like Diphenhydramine (Benadryl), which would seem alright, but in practice, these often exacerbate symptoms like Restless Legs and I can personally attest to this. If you're going to take an antihistamine, Hydroxyzine (Vistaril; Atarax) is a lot better in this regard and has many of the same benefits that Diphenhydramine would have.

Clonidine should be taken a few times a day, 0.2mg each, although some people in severe withdrawal can tolerate 0.3mg. Start slowly. The primary side effect of overdose is going to be orthostatic hypotension and hypotension in general. At any rate, if you're new to Clonidine, be careful getting up too quickly as a lot of folks experience syncope from too high a dose. Clonidine is helpful in reducing temperature issues (heat/cold intolerance), perspiration etc. It helps with anxiety in a more physical sense. It will make you feel less on edge/tight in the chest. It's most useful for insomnia in my opinion.

Gabapentin (Neurontin) I would say, take 300mg every 30-45 minutes with food (important) until you feel okay. You shouldn't be taking more than about 1800mg without a previous tolerance, but it's not a drug that causes problems for most people in elevated dosages. It's prescribed in dosages as high as 4,800mg a day safely. Gabapentin helps a lot with Restless Legs/Akathisia, Insomnia, Anxiety and Insomnia. In my personal opinion, the most effective drug for treating Opioid withdrawal that isn't an Opioid.

Cannabis is just helpful for symptoms like nausea, insomnia and anxiety.
I'm out of my vicodin for the next 2 days. Will gabapentin get me through it? If so, how much and how often?
I take about 80-100 mgs a day of vicodin. Ten 10 mg pills.

I'm out of my vicodin for the next 2 days. Will gabapentin get me through it? If so, how much and how often?
keif gave the best advice

Yes, for most people, Gabapentin (Neurontin) helps significantly. If you want me to try to quantify my experience with using Gabapentinoids for Opioid withdrawal, I'd say you can do as well as relieving 50% of your withdrawal. This is a bit of a dangerous statement for me to make, as experiences like this are variable, personal and complex, but I really feel that this is accurate. You're still likely to be uncomfortable and to crave Opioids pretty badly, but you're going to be a lot better off than if you were without any medication to help.

Take 300mg every 45 minutes with as much food as you're able to stomach. My favorite method is to take each dose with a little bit of peanut butter and some milk, as we know that food can seriously boost bioavailability with Gabapentin. You're going to need a fair amount of Gabapentin to make you feel better, but when taking high doses of Gabapentin like this, the benefit will run dry after 3-4 days. It's a drug known to produce tolerance at a pretty astronomical rate. My point is, make the time count, because if you decide to just reintroduce the Hydrocodone (Vicodin), you're not going to be able to get that same benefit from the Gabapentin without taking a week or so off at least,.

I know that's a lot of information, but it's all good to know.

Yes, for most people, Gabapentin (Neurontin) helps significantly. If you want me to try to quantify my experience with using Gabapentinoids for Opioid withdrawal, I'd say you can do as well as relieving 50% of your withdrawal. This is a bit of a dangerous statement for me to make, as experiences like this are variable, personal and complex, but I really feel that this is accurate. You're still likely to be uncomfortable and to crave Opioids pretty badly, but you're going to be a lot better off than if you were without any medication to help.

Take 300mg every 45 minutes with as much food as you're able to stomach. My favorite method is to take each dose with a little bit of peanut butter and some milk, as we know that food can seriously boost bioavailability with Gabapentin. You're going to need a fair amount of Gabapentin to make you feel better, but when taking high doses of Gabapentin like this, the benefit will run dry after 3-4 days. It's a drug known to produce tolerance at a pretty astronomical rate. My point is, make the time count, because if you decide to just reintroduce the Hydrocodone (Vicodin), you're not going to be able to get that same benefit from the Gabapentin without taking a week or so off at least,.

Thank you for your input. 👍

If you go for days for that habit you're only a day or 2 away from dopesick and able to function without dope. I wish i did that years ago cause it gets worse the more you do for longer.