• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opiate tolerance climbing really fast?

LeMonte

Greenlighter
I found an old stash of my no good grandfather's hydrocodone recently, and have been using it once a night, no redosing, for about a week now. And before anyone jumps on me, he's dead, thank God, so I'm not stealing from someone who needs it. It's about out so I don't have much left and I won't be continuing the binge.

The real story is that when I started, 20 mg of hydrocodone was enough to get a mild but reliable high, like a 6 out of 10. Now, a week later, my dosage is at 50 a night to get a mildly more strong high, like a 7. Is this normal, or am I just dosing higher now that I've figured out some of my boundaries? From what I've read tolerance builds a lot slower than this, but I don't even know now.

If you are just trying to get high, your tolerance will go up real fast. We all lust after that initial feeling we get when taking opiates but soon realize we need more and more to feel it and eventually need them just to function. Ive quit oxycodone many times and each time I returned to it, even if years have passed, within a week Im taking 100+mgs and feel jack shit.

Pain patients can often be sustained, but recreational use, forget it.

That's what I figured, I just wanted o
thers' opinions. It's not a problem, but I was just really surprised.

Not to derail my own thread, but I threw in some codeine with acetaminophen, in addition to the usual hydrocodone last night and then cwe, like I've always been doing. However, this came out fairly cloudy, even when filtered twice and left in the freezer until there was a ton of sediment and a thin layer of ice on top.

Do you think I'll be fine? I'm worried because my other cwe's were nearly clear, but were only hydrocodone. Would the fact that I used cold water from the tap explain it, instead of using already very cold water from the freezer.

Cant answer CWE extraction question as never done one. My primary drug was plain oxy, although Ive taken plenty of hydrocodone, I always just swallowed them.

I cant answer to cwe extraction either but i have taken tons of hydo, oxy and eventually sniffing dope. If you have only been doing the opiates for a week now, i really dont think you need to worry much about getting sick if that is what you are worried about. I dont think that is enough time, however opiate tolerance does jump extremely fast when you are looking for the euphoria. If i were you i would just stop as soon as you can to avoid being sick. As you have scene how fast your tolerance has jumped it would only be a matter of time before you go out looking to score more pilz or even dope.

It sounds like you have been on opiates before. If this is true then it's probably your mental tolerance, I.e. your expectation of the effects you should receive plus if you've taken opiates previously your tolerance will build back up faster.

I found an old stash of my no good grandfather's hydrocodone recently, and have been using it once a night, no redosing, for about a week now. And before anyone jumps on me, he's dead, thank God, so I'm not stealing from someone who needs it. It's about out so I don't have much left and I won't be continuing the binge.

The real story is that when I started, 20 mg of hydrocodone was enough to get a mild but reliable high, like a 6 out of 10. Now, a week later, my dosage is at 50 a night to get a mildly more strong high, like a 7. Is this normal, or am I just dosing higher now that I've figured out some of my boundaries? From what I've read tolerance builds a lot slower than this, but I don't even know now.

if the stash is old , as you say it is, the pills might not be good anymore. pills will expire after their expiration date, ie they lose their recreational value completely.

Yeah this cant be your first time using opiates for a couple days. 5mg my first time i was fine. Soon jumped to 10mg narco chasing that feeling, then 15mg, finally moved up to oxy 30mg and topped out at 60mg oxy just to get that feeling i was looking for. I would say all within a 8-10 months and thats not even going hard in the beginning, maybe once or twice a week. Finally turned into daily or i felt like shit. I would stop now or slow down. I stopped for 6 months and tolerance barely went down at all.