• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Opiate noobs Tramadol experience, questions and safety advice

jsncrs

Greenlighter
Hey guys.

My old doc decided I was allergic to morphine when I spewed after coming out of anesthesia from a small surgery 15 years ago. Being drug illiterate (I was 13 at the time) and not knowing that nausea is a common side effect of morphine, and opiates in general, I took the docs advice and have avoided any opiate based medications. However, I have taken low dose Ibuprofen/Codeine pain pills a handful of times in the years since then (knowing that Codeine metabolizes into Morphine in the body, partially wanting to test my "allergy") and never noticed any negative sides, so I figured the docs allergy diagnosis was incorrect.

Anyway, my wisdom teeth are coming through and I haven't slept for 24hrs. Paracetamol/Acetaminophen wasn't doing shit for the pain, nor was Ibuprofen/Codeine. So I went to the doc today and she prescribed me 8 x 50mg Tramadol.

The pain had subsided slightly, but I took 1 x 50mg Tramadol with dinner this evening in an attempt to get some decent sleep - didn't really feel much an hour later. Decided to take another and felt slightly inebriated and relaxed, and very slight euphoria (felt similar to low dose Diazepam)
I'm sitting here about 2 hours later and those effects seem to have disappeared.

I only have 6 pills left and thought I might as-well make use of them instead of throwing them out and try to catch up on some sleep this weekend.
I was thinking about upping the dosage tomorrow night to perhaps 150mg, but had a few questions I wanted to ask first:

1. Is 150mg a safe dosage for someone with no tolerance to Opiates? I've read some concerns regarding seizures at higher dosages.
  2. Will I have any tolerance from tonight's 100mg?
  3. Is it best to take the entire dose all at once, or stagger them? (I've read mixed opinions on this)

Thanks in advance for any help. I'm very interested in Pharmacology but I'm still learning about opiates. I've heard many opiate horror stories and want to tread carefully and do my research before partaking.

Yeah, there are lots of mixed opinions about tramadol. I find it inconsistent, 100mg might work one day, 150mg does nothing the next. Some people on the site say that it is underrated, others will never touch it again.

I was on it for a while for tooth pain and have taken upto the maximum daily dose without a problem. Last time I had it, I had a terrible reaction to it from just one third of a 200mg tablet.

I'd say tread carefully with it based on my own experiences and those that I've read. 150mg is probably okay if you space 50mg doses out, but I think it is unpredictable stuff.

As for your morphine allergy, I knew someone who had been told they were allergic because they got sick on it once (I think they felt an unpleasant tightening in the chest after being given a shot while in hospital) but the next time they were in hospital, they were told how unlikely an allergy is and given a shot anyway. Felt fine.

So I guess all opoids can be a bit unpredictable, I'd definitely go for the traditional ones over tramadol though.

I agree---^ Tramadol can be quite a fickle beast. One day my supply turned me towards tramadol instead of my usual 10mg hydros. I assumed i had a fairly high tolerance, being as i'd use 120-150 mg of hydro daily. I tried the 50mg tramadol IR, 4 at first. Felt outstanding! I wondered why i hadnt found them sooner, they were easier to attain, and had great effects. That was 3 years ago. Now my tolerance to both opiods has really built. Thursday i used 1,050mg of tramadol (mixed IR/ER) and 50 mg of hydro throughout the day. All the while going to both work and my night time college class feeling nothing and very dissapointed. However, friday night i did 300 mg of IR tramadol and 20 mg hydro and went cruising around town killing time. (My favorite opie pastime) and felt extremely pleasurable. Maybe tramadol has an extent to its potentcy? Has anyone had experience with maybe methadone?? I hear it has a really long halflife that may benefit me?

it shit for pain imo. 300 m a day barely scratched my toothe ache

Tramadol works if you understand it. I personally don't care for it with rare exception. If stacking, really watch the 300mg mark.

My favorite way to take them is right before i lay down for bed at night. I'll take one 300mg ER and 150-200mg of IR and go to bed. I wake up feeling nice and ready to start the day. Then adding additional doses every 6-8 hours to keep the ball rolling.