• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids opiate irritability

the simplest theory i can think of is that for some people, the patterns of electrochemical activity in their brain caused by opiates results in an unpleasant irritability instead of a pleasant stimulation. its just due to people being wired differently, you know?
that isn't a theory, it's restating the question as a sentence by stating the obvious :)

personally i haven't gotten irritable on opiates. they always relax me

I think...it has to do with the seritonin levels in your brain....idk how though.

I had it happen only with oral morphine and I tried other opiates, stronger and weaker. It started pretty much right away and I was impossible to live with. I haven't seen my SO in about 5 months and when we lived together again, he could barely stand me. So he started taking my morphine also to deal with me. I would snap at my mom for no reason every morning. She went to school and my work was next door so we shared a car. We fought everyday when I was on it. Everything irritated me. I'm normally opposite from that and even heroin doesn't make me feel like this, which is odd.

no life factors or drug factors (like frequency and dose) differ, between the periods of your life on morphine, and the periods of your life on the other opiates?

In the past few years I have been on opiates almost every day, both legally and otherwise, and have taken just about anything and everything and I have noticed that I get -very- irritable on Opana espically. Also it seems that whenever 'a friend of mine' gets Opana for his friends they also get extremely irritable as well. Also whenever they want to get more Opana they turn from asking to demanding.

I have found that this is different than heroin...heroin addicts that are waiting to get their fix are usually just impatient, not 'angry'. They will call you 40 times in 10 minutes while you're trying to talk to your dude but they won't really be angry persay.

However when the people I know are waiting for Opana they get fucking MAD. I have seen people break things, punch walls, and even hit their signifigant others all because of Opana. I am not sure what exactly causes this but I would like to know.