• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Need Help Opiate cravings returned with a vengance

FatBellyWhipSlay

Bluelighter
Hey All

Hope your all well !

So I've been held on 2.8mg of bupe now and have been on this for about 4 weeks.

Over the past week I have noticed my Opiate cravings have come back in full force and have gone to thinking about it constantly, I really dont want to relapse (I wouldnt get the effects anyway even if I did !).

Does anyone have any advice on what I can do to curb these cravings, really didnt think they would come back being on Bupe !

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated and its driving me nuts, especially today for some reason.....

FBWS

Hey All

Hope your all well !

So I've been held on 2.8mg of bupe now and have been on this for about 4 weeks.

Over the past week I have noticed my Opiate cravings have come back in full force and have gone to thinking about it constantly, I really dont want to relapse (I wouldnt get the effects anyway even if I did !).

Does anyone have any advice on what I can do to curb these cravings, really didnt think they would come back being on Bupe !

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated and its driving me nuts, especially today for some reason.....

FBWS
Ive Been using AND stopping, relapsing (repeat) for the past 6 months. To be honest Man, it only feels good when you're going to Score the shit. After i shoot up i ask myself "y the fk do i keep doing this, im wasting my life sleeping AND not doinh shit". Only the Rush feels good then it's all anxiety thinking how i have to Start wds from scratch. Ah, Ur case Is diff because u got suboxone but really eventually if u Wanna get better you need to change the way you're thinking. Life Is so much More than doing opiates.

2 supplements- NAC and L-Acetyl Cysteine are clinically proven to help.

Remember, the average craving lasts no more than 20 minutes. Set a timer and see if that helps. If it doesn't then just remind yourself that scientific studies show that nicotine cravings are actually way worse than opiate cravings (go figure) and they last between 8-20 minutes. Never more.
You can do 20 minutes every couple hours.

i have strong disagreements about the 'most cravings only last so long' thing, because the key word is 'most.' i was craving heroin almost continuously for about 2 months before i caved and scored. have had cravings last for days, and them not going away made me feel more hopeless and fucked up, especially in early recovery. but, @Harmredux i do agree with the sentiment, a lot of cravings can be sat through easily once you get used to it and it gets easier with practise.

the only way to permanently end cravings is to reframe what the drug you are craving is for you. right now i don't want heroin because it is the drug that enslaved me for 6 years and made me hate myself, but if i start thinking about it as the only thing that can make me feel better then i will quickly be back to craving it. this reframing is especially important because there is a documented phenomenon called ego fatigue, which is basically when willpower just stops working. so willpoweer can't be counted on to keep you clean, it breaks eventually.