• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Opiate and opioid withdrawal: Coping strategies and medication

All I can say is I dont get sick from withdrawals if I take my Vitamin C.
Doing drugs then becomes a much more fun experience, because there's no punishment for me anymore.

I know people who work during the week, do tons of oxycontins on the weekend, then start their sunday Vitamin C regiment, and they go back to work on monday without any problem (while bringing their vitamin C pills with them to work).

Rinse and repeat the next weekend.

It almost becomes like a weekly holiday for them

Really ? ! 8o How have i managed to miss such a basic and easy remedy, gonna be stocking up on haliboranges and those effervescent things, or i spose fresh citrus fruit would be better/just as good.

Sorry but i dont believe for a second vit c mostly cures Wds. I may be wrong though :), something to try if i get myself int othat situation in the future. generally when i had to do a rattle in the past i'd stock up on loperamine, switch to caining a shorter acting opiate for a bit then CT, curl up in bed sweating my soul out and puking bile etc.. you can imagine the rest. By day 5 i feel human enough to move and shower, maybe try eat if i were feeling brave and by day 6 or 7 i feel mostly better :), few days of torture but shit, could be worse.. Thats my coping straterrbgie anyways

^^^^ thats fine Kronos, whatever works for you, and then go with it.

I gotta say though, just because you think Vit. C might not work doesnt mean it wont. And if you've come to that conclusion without even trying it, ask yourself if you've made a smart decision??!

Sorry but i dont believe for a second vit c mostly cures Wds. I may be wrong though :), something to try if i get myself int othat situation in the future. generally when i had to do a rattle in the past i'd stock up on loperamine, switch to caining a shorter acting opiate for a bit then CT, curl up in bed sweating my soul out and puking bile etc.. you can imagine the rest. By day 5 i feel human enough to move and shower, maybe try eat if i were feeling brave and by day 6 or 7 i feel mostly better :), few days of torture but shit, could be worse.. Thats my coping straterrbgie anyways

the short, sharp, shock method. Is it true it gets harder every time you do that ? Thats what Keith Richard's said in his autobiography.

It most certainly gets harder every time! I've withdrawn from H dozens of times years ago, methadone, buprenorphine, scores of other opioids.....haven't touched such in a couple of years, but recently kicking a two year 50g a day Kratom habit felt like the hardest of all! And that's fucking Kratom for christs sake! I'd hate to see what a heavy duty IV H habit would feel like now....ugh.

vitamin C does fuck all for me in withdrawal. Can't see any mechanism by which it could. Down regulation is down regulation. But if it works for you count yourself one lucky bastard! :)

I didn't start using loperamide out of sheer bull headedness until day 7 of the recent Kratom kick. But the difference was u believable. I've used in years past to kick H, starting at 100 mg a day, and 80-90% of the physical withdrawals were gone. Mental....ehh. But I can't praise it highly enough. Best tool in the arsenal. And at $8.00 USD for 800 mg you can't beat the price!

vitamin C does fuck all for me in withdrawal. Can't see any mechanism by which it could. Down regulation is down regulation. But if it works for you count yourself one lucky bastard!
This. Vitamin C doesn't help opioid receptors upregulate, nor does it slow your brain down. I can't see how it could change much. Loperamide is an opiate, it just doesn't cross the blood-brain barrier, so I can see how this could take care of some of the more physical effects, other than just the shits.

Has no one mentioned lofexidine, yet? Very similar to clonidine, in that it tells your brain you've released enough noradrenaline/adrenaline (which is responsible for most of the nasty withdrawal symptoms), but without quite as much of an effect on blood pressure. Definitely one to ask the doctor for, if you're coming off opiates. It has the tendency to make you fall asleep, if you're relaxing, which is always welcome. Most physical withdrawals from any drug are down to excess adrenaline, so this stuff could help a lot of people. I've read mixed reviews. Pregabalin is definitely useful to people, as that causes an all-round slow down of the brain.

its a weird one as there are similarities between flu symptoms and opi w/d symptoms. I had both maladies yesterday and the flu drink helped. I cant find any more loperamide, i thought i had a never ending stockpile, i thought id get the embarrasment over and done with in one go and bought about 12 packets, i didnt let the look of disgust on the shop girls face get to me. If it wasnt a Saturday id go to Asda and buy another 12 packs on the self serve tills. Asda in manchester on a saturday is a fuckin nightmare, so thats gonna have to wait.

EDIT: Just found a pack of Lopes. Never felt so relieved in my life !!

Last edited:
Doesnt megadoses of Lope also produce WD's for you guys?? Cause it did with me

i dont think you need megadoses, just a few can settle the opiate receptors in your stomach. Depends how big your habit was though, mine was relatively tiny on a shit RC opiod ah7921 by the end, but i just couldnt quit it, and im not half stringing out my bupe reductions. But all being well I'll be making the final reduction, before jumping, on Tuesday, after college on Monday night. I dont know what the fuck was wrong with me yesterday must have been one of those 24 hour bugs, i allways thought they were a myth until now, just something that people had when they were throwing a sickie at work.

I have been withdrawing from 60Mg methadone cold turkey stopped about week ago with 2 months on it at a clinic, and couldnt afford to go anymore and before the methadone clinic I was taking 200mg ms contin per day for a year, it has been rough as hell. Got some kratom and taking loperamide about 20 mg a day for 3 days and think I should start tapering the loperamide by 2-4 mg a day, its not a walk in the park by any means but the lope and kratom do help. Been dosing 3 or 4 gram regular bali 3 or 4x a day. IIve heard of vitamin c for withdrawals but did some research and found this http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10836211 maybe I should give that a try to help taper the kratom and lope. Thank you blulight and all posters for advice throughout my vicious cycle of opies, Im ready to get off this train but its hard as hell

Anyone else here doing bupe reductions at the moment ?

Someone advised me that if you take a larger dose on day 1 of your next step down, the long half life allows time for you to get over the worst of the adjustment to the new lower dose. I must admit i took a bigger dose once, out of desperation really, and by the time it had worn off i was adjusted to the new lower dose. The second time i tried this it didnt work, infact it seemed to set my adjustment back a few days. Is this one of those weird things that works sometimes for some people, but not others ?

This might sound like an advert but the company Pukka do a product called 'Clean Greens' which has appeared to help a lot. I was on subutex for over a year, spent months at 3.2mg, a week at 2.8mg, one day on 1mg and the final day at 0.4mg. Within 8-10 days i was good. Euphoria, mildly manic (still am) but over the acute stuff and diazepam was a gift from above at times.

Anyone else here doing bupe reductions at the moment ?

Someone advised me that if you take a larger dose on day 1 of your next step down, the long half life allows time for you to get over the worst of the adjustment to the new lower dose. I must admit i took a bigger dose once, out of desperation really, and by the time it had worn off i was adjusted to the new lower dose. The second time i tried this it didnt work, infact it seemed to set my adjustment back a few days. Is this one of those weird things that works sometimes for some people, but not others ?

Have tried this.....generally does not work. Taper slowly or jump off. Good luck my friend.

(oh and just having read back a bit, Loperamide in higher doses worked for me.too)

How bad were those 8-10 days ?

I'm going for the long drawn out slight discomfort/no energy long term taper. Ive allmost completed it now, the last few steps have definately been the hardest. Will be down to 0.05 on Tuesday, and i plan to jump off that as soon as i feel ok on it.

Have tried this.....generally does not work. Taper slowly or jump off. Good luck my friend.

yeah i tried it twice, it worked the first time, towards the end of adjusting to a new lower dose, it eased that out completely, i cant remember at what stage i took it the second time, but it set me back a few days like i said.

What are clean greens ?

This. Vitamin C doesn't help opioid receptors upregulate, nor does it slow your brain down. I can't see how it could change much. Loperamide is an opiate, it just doesn't cross the blood-brain barrier, so I can see how this could take care of some of the more physical effects, other than just the shits.

Has no one mentioned lofexidine, yet? Very similar to clonidine, in that it tells your brain you've released enough noradrenaline/adrenaline (which is responsible for most of the nasty withdrawal symptoms), but without quite as much of an effect on blood pressure. Definitely one to ask the doctor for, if you're coming off opiates. It has the tendency to make you fall asleep, if you're relaxing, which is always welcome. Most physical withdrawals from any drug are down to excess adrenaline, so this stuff could help a lot of people. I've read mixed reviews. Pregabalin is definitely useful to people, as that causes an all-round slow down of the brain.

This, this is the drug i was thinking of the other week. They give this out in the detox centers round here and from what people who've done a rattle on it tell me it works absolute magic, better than owt else. Never tried it personally but if i were ever going to do a rattle i nthe future i'd ask for this

& yeah generally mdb though for m yfirst rattle i had a monster habit i cold turkeyed from so that one sticks out as being particularly nasty. Physical dependancy occurs faster if you relapse too, same with benzos, fucking sucks :(