one hit wonders

i'd have to say this isn't true, their albums were still well received, and you know, their cover of "Easy" was a number one hit. "Album of the Year" went number one in many countries and was certified platinum. so I'd have to say, as a Mike Patton groupie, that man's name isn't deserved in this thread.

Yes sir, you are correct. I retract my previous statement. I associated the term "one hit wonder" with commercial success, my mistake. On a side note, Patton went on to co-produce one of my favorite groups, The Dillinger Escape Plan.

^^^For future reference, to quote someone, just click on the
quote.gif
button under the post you want to quote. Welcome to bluelight, by the way.

the Macarena! I was in elementary school when this came out, and I remember how it was played at every birthday party, roller rink, block party, etc. Everyone knew how to do the macarena. I don't think anyone does the macarena anymore :(
also, that song that went "I'm blue, a ba di a ba die" by Eiffel 65, I'm not sure if they are a one hit wonder but that song was pretty cool when I was a kid too

the Macarena! I was in elementary school when this came out, and I remember how it was played at every birthday party, roller rink, block party, etc. Everyone knew how to do the macarena. I don't think anyone does the macarena anymore :(

Thank fuck for that!. I remember that song drove me nuts during the summer of '96. I specifically remember cuz me and my friend were making a recreation of a Drew Barrymore film in my house, and during one whole segment you can hear the bloody Macarena being blasted by my next door neighbour. :X

Anyway, movin' on. Before Sophie Ellis-Bextor went solo, she was in a short-lived group called Theaudience. I kinda dug the song a lot at the time, and tbh, this is the first time I've heard it since those days. So I shall listen after I post. :)

theaudience - Pessimist Is Never Disappointed

The Knack - My Sharona

Golden Earring - Radar Love

Sniff 'n' Tears - Driver's Seat

Dexy's Midnight Runners - Come on Eileen

very fun thread. i was blown away by:

White Town - Your Woman
Charles & Eddie - Would I Lie to You?

hadn't thought about those songs in a long minute! great songs too IMO.

my picks:

A-Ha - Take on Me
Candlebox - Far Behind
Matchbook Romance - Monsters

- - - not really a OHW - - -

Nada Surf - Popular

Kink by DJ Sharaz

Mexican Radio by Wall of Voodoo

Last edited: