• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

One Governor's Horrifying Proposal to Treating Heroin Addicts

we are a nation based on morality in the states. We still have the puritan ethic when it comes to most things. we need more the alchemist ethic, and drop the whole crusader ethic.

Alchemy is fascinating yeah :) humans could and can achieve so endlessly much if we'd just stop hindering ourselves ...

Jesus fucking christ there are dumb ideas then there are ideas like this that are so idiotic there are not words atleast in the English language to properly describe them. This is not only completely useless and possibly dangerous (after 3 days the addict is pretty much going to be at the height of sickness but their tolerance may have dropped just enough in 3 days to make a OD more likely) but is a blatant disregard for civil liberties and should be opposed by anyone who believes in human rights at all.

I would like to take the fucker who came up with this idea and shoot him up with as much Fentanyl as he could handle for 3 months or so then toss him in a prison cell with absolutely no medication at all to help his withdrawals not even some APAP. Maybe then the bastard would look at addicts as human beings.

I personally do not see an issue with the above if the patient is also getting treated correctly with proper supplements / medication / food

I would like to take the fucker who came up with this idea and shoot him up with as much Fentanyl as he could handle for 3 months or so then toss him in a prison cell with absolutely no medication at all to help his withdrawals not even some APAP. Maybe then the bastard would look at addicts as human beings.
+1 really

It's always the people who never went through it that somehow seem to know all the answers to our problems . Quite hilarious , just like in the show Graceland where a cartel kidnapped a DEA agent and tied him up shot him up with the purest h possible for weeks on end just nodding tied up on a chair and than they would stop he'd be in withdrawals tied up in pain still wouldn't give up the info but when they offered him a shot and to let him go if he spills the secrets he did and they let him go he was addicted DEA agent it's a cool show but it made me think what I'd do to pedos or hardcore rapists and such or this governer I'd get the absolute longest half life opiate mix it with Valium so he gets double withdrawals with some seizures with it.

Just saw the other day a drug addict got arrested in Detroit and he's super addicted to klonopin and methadone long term and they did nothing other than strip him half nude and kept him in the isolated section with no medical assistance and after 2 weeks he didn't eat dropped 60 pounds and started laying under his bed on the floor naked hallucinating having twitches . He laid under that bed to avoid the bright lights in the room and died from double withdrawal , he also got into s fight early on with a cell mate while being that sick . No one in the jail even cared that he was twitching not moving for 2 days AT ALL under his bed till he died only than they came with cpr those are horror stories

It's always the people who never went through it that somehow seem to know all the answers to our problems . Quite hilarious , just like in the show Graceland where a cartel kidnapped a DEA agent and tied him up shot him up with the purest h possible for weeks on end just nodding tied up on a chair and than they would stop he'd be in withdrawals tied up in pain still wouldn't give up the info but when they offered him a shot and to let him go if he spills the secrets he did and they let him go he was addicted DEA agent it's a cool show but it made me think what I'd do to pedos or hardcore rapists and such or this governer I'd get the absolute longest half life opiate mix it with Valium so he gets double withdrawals with some seizures with it.

Just saw the other day a drug addict got arrested in Detroit and he's super addicted to klonopin and methadone long term and they did nothing other than strip him half nude and kept him in the isolated section with no medical assistance and after 2 weeks he didn't eat dropped 60 pounds and started laying under his bed on the floor naked hallucinating having twitches . He laid under that bed to avoid the bright lights in the room and died from double withdrawal , he also got into s fight early on with a cell mate while being that sick . No one in the jail even cared that he was twitching not moving for 2 days AT ALL under his bed till he died only than they came with cpr those are horror stories

Sometimes I think heavy duty opioid or espeically benzo withdrawal is probably the sickest way to torture a person.

I will have to say until you have gone through intense withdrawals you should never be allowed to sign your name to a bill that affects addicts in such a discriminatory and outlandishly draconian way. I mean WTF....Why not offer help instead of pain.

And here I was hoping the US of A might be taking steps to move towards some sorta humane, modern means of treating addiction. I dunno... maybe something along the lines of the Heroin Assisted Therapy that's worked so well in Switzerland and a few other European countries?

But no. Fuck reducing the harm of addictions while medically monitoring an addict's use. Fuck restoring an addict's productivity and functionality. Fuck reducing crime, and fuck reducing disease. Let's just throw people in cells for 3 days, then let them back out on the street. That'll fix it.

To be fair it's not like this was a press release out of Washington. This is applying to one of 50 states. I'm not saying it's not fucked up because it's insanely fucked up and I couldn't see how it could actually be put into effect with any success, but this doesn't seem to be a popular idea throughout the country.

The whole jail / prison system is just inhumane. Every politician who's signing such bills should be forced to live anonymously two or three months without forewarning in some random prison. Then we'll talk again.

The whole jail / prison system is just inhumane. Every politician who's signing such bills should be forced to live anonymously two or three months without forewarning in some random prison. Then we'll talk again.
Right! It's just another way to oppress the poor who can't post bail.

Here in Europe it's a bit different, we don't have these bails so much ... but the rest is pretty much the same.

Yet another way to make it so addicts don't come forward for treatment, and retreat even further against harm reduction.

Jesus fucking christ there are dumb ideas then there are ideas like this that are so idiotic there are not words atleast in the English language to properly describe them.

Agreed.

The following comment comes to mind however: "What you just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it." - Billy Madison

Unfortunately, this is probably the only way in which it's possible to get many or most staunch prohibitionists (at least the ones who have never personally used anything) to understand the agony of acute withdrawal from potent opioids.