• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

On Spravato ( ketamine ) , used some RSO and had a very scary experience

Picnic_Johnson

Bluelighter
I've been on Spravato for a year or so at 84mg weekly. I did about 300mg of RSO last week, and after about two hours I started having very scary auditory hallucinations, paranoia and confusion. Enough to send me to the ER thinking I was having serotonin syndrome, or something .. the way it was happening kinda reminded me of the ketamine experience, only bloody fucking terrifying. Like white noise, but also like voices. Started low and got very high,and back down. I also had some pretty rad CEV's that I was only barely able to appreciate. Hind sight, I should have just road it out, but I was really scared.

I'm also on Lexapro and Remeron ( mirtazapine )

It's over now, i just have never experienced any cannabis side effect of that nature... or whatever that was. Input appreciated .

Thank fuck I didn't try something "stronger" , holy shit

ER visits are an issue with THC edibles. Most of them pretty much end up like you, realizing they should have just road it out.

Next time start with a lower dose. 10mg is not an uncommon starting point. Also, CBD used in conjunction might help lower some of the anxiety you might get.

After all the psychedelics ive used I'm hypersensitive to cannabis. Just a bit too much and i get loud auditory hallucinations, paranoia, dissociation, horrible thoughts, just like you described

300mg rso would obliterate me in a bad way.

Cannabis can surely contribute to serotonin syndrome as i have recently experienced, but the symptoms are different. The first signs for me are extreme agitation, fever, tremor, tachycardia and odd physical sensations/rushes - and these are considered mild symptoms. It gets much worse.

Last edited:
"loud auditory hallucinations"

What sort of sound? like white noise or different? For me it was like white noise with some other horrible "effect" added . This was my first experience with auditory hallucinations, other than this thing that would happen with Oxy or Morphine which was a very very pleasant high pitched whine, this was the exact opposite

I've been on Spravato for a year or so at 84mg weekly. I did about 300mg of RSO last week, and after about two hours I started having very scary auditory hallucinations, paranoia and confusion. Enough to send me to the ER thinking I was having serotonin syndrome, or something .. the way it was happening kinda reminded me of the ketamine experience, only bloody fucking terrifying. Like white noise, but also like voices. Started low and got very high,and back down. I also had some pretty rad CEV's that I was only barely able to appreciate. Hind sight, I should have just road it out, but I was really scared.

It's over now, i just have never experienced any cannabis side effect of that nature... or whatever that was. Input appreciated .

you have been using a powerful ‘hallucinogen’ with relative frequency for a solid amount of time. those are sufficient conditions for HPPD to appear. although it is not necessarily a direct cause…

that said, cannabis + HPPD is a known recipe for flareups of the condition. that doesn’t, however, mean you have to quite cannabis entirely. just try dosing much much lower next time. 10 mg was thrown out as a suggestion. i would even recommend titrating up from 2.5 mg -> 5 mg -> 7.5 mg -> 10 mg… but i’m very sensitive to oral cannabis. after “chronic” LSD use my comfort level with THC has gone down a lot, regardless of roa.

just try a really low dose next time and let us know how it goes.

Cannabis can surely contribute to serotonin syndrome as i have recently experienced, but the symptoms are different. The first signs for me are extreme agitation, fever, tremor, tachycardia and odd physical sensations/rushes - and these are considered mild symptoms. It gets much worse.
that’s a new one for me. keep in mind that just because the symptoms overlap that doesn’t necessarily imply that it’s the same phenomenon happening. i can have a fever, sore throat, cough, etc. and simply have a standard rhinovirus. i could also have those same symptoms and have Covid-19. same symptoms does not necessarily imply same condition

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7220016/

^that’s a free article about two emergency department case studies. the ED staff had reason to believe both were presenting with serotonin syndrome. it was later discovered both had consumed THC concentrates.

i’m not denying your experience, but i do struggle to see a pharmacological basis for how it happened. i’m curious if you could elaborate on what happened a bit more?

i’m not denying your experience, but i do struggle to see a pharmacological basis for how it happened. i’m curious if you could elaborate on what happened a bit more?
I posted about it, went to the hospital. Laying in bed otherwise i would elaborate or find that thread.

It was mostly risperidone, kratom and alcohol, then i remember smoking weed and that seemed to be icing on the cake came on suddenly a few minutes later, i was in the hospital a few hours after that. Bit of a blur now.

Alcohol also creates a lot of serotonin and prevents its breakdown or reuptake

For me the most obvious symptom was the extreme agitation (odd, since i was drunk)and body sensations, weird rushes, tremors, covered in goosebumps. A unique feeling ive never had. The agitation is hard to describe, way more visceral and beyond simple anxiety or paranoia. Pacing around and shaking like a mad man.

Last edited:
I posted about it, went to the hospital. Laying in bed otherwise i would elaborate or find that thread.

It was mostly risperidone, kratom and alcohol, then i remember smoking weed and that seemed to be icing on the cake, i was in the hospital a few hours later.

Alcohol is also creates a lot of serotonin and prevents its breakdown or reuptake

For me the most obvious symptom was the extreme agitation (odd, since i was drunk)and body sensations, covered in goosebumps. A unique feeling ive never had.
ah i see, it was quite the cocktail of drugs. i thought you meant THC alone.

i can definitely see how smoking weed would make any ill effects of that combo much more noticeable and worse to deal with

you have been using a powerful ‘hallucinogen’ with relative frequency for a solid amount of time. those are sufficient conditions for HPPD to appear. although it is not necessarily a direct cause…

that said, cannabis + HPPD is a known recipe for flareups of the condition. that doesn’t, however, mean you have to quite cannabis entirely. just try dosing much much lower next time. 10 mg was thrown out as a suggestion. i would even recommend titrating up from 2.5 mg -> 5 mg -> 7.5 mg -> 10 mg… but i’m very sensitive to oral cannabis. after “chronic” LSD use my comfort level with THC has gone down a lot, regardless of roa.

just try a really low dose next time and let us know how it goes.

that’s a new one for me. keep in mind that just because the symptoms overlap that doesn’t necessarily imply that it’s the same phenomenon happening. i can have a fever, sore throat, cough, etc. and simply have a standard rhinovirus. i could also have those same symptoms and have Covid-19. same symptoms does not necessarily imply same condition

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7220016/

^that’s a free article about two emergency department case studies. the ED staff had reason to believe both were presenting with serotonin syndrome. it was later discovered both had consumed THC concentrates.

MAYBE YOU SHOULD RELAX ON THE LSD FOR AWHILE, I MEAN DO YOU REALLY NEED TO TRIP MORE THEN ONCE OR TWICE A YEAR>> ASK YOURSELF wHEN DOES IT LOSE ITS MAGIC AND START HURTING YOU RATHER THEN HELPING???

MAYBE YOU SHOULD RELAX ON THE LSD FOR AWHILE, I MEAN DO YOU REALLY NEED TO TRIP MORE THEN ONCE OR TWICE A YEAR>> ASK YOURSELF wHEN DOES IT LOSE ITS MAGIC AND START HURTING YOU RATHER THEN HELPING???
I have now. No LSD for 2+ years. Did low dose mushrooms a couple times during the last couple years tho

But as a dumb high schooler, I just tripped when it felt right 🤷‍♂️

I have now. No LSD for 2+ years. Did low dose mushrooms a couple times during the last couple years tho

But as a dumb high schooler, I just tripped when it felt right 🤷‍♂️
DONT CALL YOURSELF DUMB DONT EVER PUT YOURSELF DOWN WE HAVE TO DEAL WITH ENOUGH NEGATIVITY IN OUR LIVES WITHOUT ADDING TO IT BY CALLING OURSELVES HORRIBLE NAMES. WHEN i FEEL MY EGO IS STARTING TO GET OVERPOWERED THIS IS WHEN i WILL TAKE THE SACRAMENT ALONE AND WORK ON MYSELF. iT REALLY IS MEDICINE ITS NOT A PARTY DRUG TO BE ABUSED BUT A MEDICINE THAT CAN HEAL IF TAKING THE RIGHT WAY.

DONT CALL YOURSELF DUMB DONT EVER PUT YOURSELF DOWN WE HAVE TO DEAL WITH ENOUGH NEGATIVITY IN OUR LIVES WITHOUT ADDING TO IT BY CALLING OURSELVES HORRIBLE NAMES. WHEN i FEEL MY EGO IS STARTING TO GET OVERPOWERED THIS IS WHEN i WILL TAKE THE SACRAMENT ALONE AND WORK ON MYSELF. iT REALLY IS MEDICINE ITS NOT A PARTY DRUG TO BE ABUSED BUT A MEDICINE THAT CAN HEAL IF TAKING THE RIGHT WAY.
Ok so if you look at your keyboard, you’ll notice this button called ‘Caps Lock’. You’re gonna want to press that.

300mg is a lot what did you expect.

"loud auditory hallucinations"

What sort of sound? like white noise or different? For me it was like white noise with some other horrible "effect" added . This was my first experience with auditory hallucinations, other than this thing that would happen with Oxy or Morphine which was a very very pleasant high pitched whine, this was the exact opposite
It was white noise, it would start with low pitch, and raise up to high ..

Cannabis has caused slight auditory hallucinations for me in the past, I wouldn't be surprised if another drug could ampify it although I definitely don't know the mechanism

I've experienced quite severe auditory hallucinations from cannabis itself at high doses with little or no tolerance. Not verbal or psychotic like hallucinations. They sounded like intense white noise, chirping (like cicadas), and even once like the noise the demon makes in the movie The Grudge, heh. It was most similar to the auditory hallucinations from nitrous or other inhalants. Wop Wop Wop.... but like at 10x faster speed.

How did you get Spravato and does it really help for TRD? Here in Australia one treatment costs $900 per week and 90% of people like me just can't afford it.

The OP hasn't logged in since February 2023, I don't think you'll get an answer ...