• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

On oxy and pregnant, PLEASE HELP!!

Update:

Just got back from the suboxone doctor/ psychiatrist! He wrote me a script for 30- 2mg of subutex. He answered a lot of my questions in case anyone is reading this and is in the same situation as I am.

Told me that as long as the baby isn't going to go into withdrawals I have NOTHING to worry about. Even if it was minor discomfort or little bit of withdrawals is ok.

Also told me if I took the subutex to detox from oxy and felt like I didn't need it anymore then it's great for the baby! Only reason it's not recommended is cause of my brain receptors for cravings and such but he said I have nothing to worry about as long as I don't go into withdrawals.

This doctor has been doing it for 35 years and I trust him very much! Hope this helps everyone who may be in the same situation as I am in!
i'm glad to hear this news. it sounds like a great plan. glad your sub doctor didn't script you 8 or even 16mg of subs but i guess even if he did you could always just only take the 2mg and just stash the rest in case of ever needing them in the future.

"Told me that as long as the baby isn't going to go into withdrawals I have NOTHING to worry about." In other words don't let yourself go into even minor withdrawals as far as I understand. So even if the withdrawal feels mild to you it could be much more intense for your unborn child. I am still not clear if your doc and you decided to have you taper off slowly or stay on bupe throughout the pregnancy. Just to be clear tapering off slowly involves withdrawal.

"
Also told me if I took the subutex to detox from oxy and felt like I didn't need it anymore then it's great for the baby!" Whats great for the baby? The feeling that you don't need opiates because the baby doesn't differentiate so much on a physical level in relation to your emotional stance toward your opiate addiction. Just because you feel like you might not need sub anymore doesn't mean your baby feels the same. Nor will it mean you will feel the same after 7-10 days of norbuornorphine working through your system. Thats how long it can take to go into full WD's from bupe. In the end all these decisions are between your doctor but i'm still confused about your long term plan of tapering off. You have made some major progress getting on an opiate at regular intervals under the care of a doctor.

Last edited:
For those of you that's been following my threads since the beginning:

I am completely off all substance within a months worth of time. For those mommy to be's and is going through exactly what I went through there's help out there and there are a lot of success stories. Process is hard but it's worth. Good luck to those reading this.

I'm glad to hear you were successfully able to get off as you wanted. Congratulations on getting through that challenge. I wish the best for you through the path you have ahead of you and wish both you and your child a long happy prosperous life. I look forward to any further hopefully more details further down the road ahead. Again thank you for sharing and seriously congratulations on the wonderful results of your effort.

For those of you that's been following my threads since the beginning:

I am completely off all substance within a months worth of time. For those mommy to be's and is going through exactly what I went through there's help out there and there are a lot of success stories. Process is hard but it's worth. Good luck to those reading this.
Glad to hear that!

I won't be worrying about (physical/visible) birth defects a lot, but rather about potential damage to the opioid receptor mediated reward systems in the brain. Please seek out a doctor who knows his stuff, not only during your pregnancy but also after giving birth. I would be interested to know how it all went and what medical advice you got in the end.

Nonetheless, all the best to the three of you! :)

Super glad to hear you are having success OP, that is just really, really nice fucking news! Hopefully you will be able to find time to go to IOP or meetings or something, or find some kind of support group out there to help you along. BRAV-fucking-OH!

Calm down<3..

Your fine..

Talk with the Dr at the appointment. I am not a MD but if they recommend methadone I would get a secound opinion.

You and your child will be fine. Just be honest and find a medical profesional that really knows what's up with this.

I'm curious as to why you would suggest this NSA. I mean, a low dose of methadone wouldn't be the worst idea - though buprenorphine (no naloxone) would probably make more sense as she already seems familiar with it and it's "easier" to get and all.