• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Olympics - Beijing 2008

A weight advantage, I believe. They are more nimble, and I believe, LESS likely to be injured.

Some argue that they are more likely tho, and may be the main reason for the current age floor.

Then there is the disadvantage of having less mental maturity. I also think grace comes with age as well.

Personally, I don't enjoy watching the tiny girls compete, because it just doesn't look nice. He Kexin did some crazy sick double release, which is what I believe got her such a good score. Her nimbleness gave her the ability to pull off that move. But I thought Nastia was better in all other aspects. She flowed well, great rhythm, and just looked beautiful, while Kexin just had that wow factor of seeing something only 1 person in the world can do.

Underage athletes? Whatever next?

You'll be telling me the army gunned down students in Tianamen Square next.

Gutted for Shanaze Reade because she looked nailed on for a gold and then crashed out.

She's 19, hard as nails and from Crewe. What more could you look for in a girl? =D

Well, how can anyone really prove anything at all? The identification is government issued, and the Chinese could have given them any documentation they wanted................If they have lied about their age, I think it would be pretty hard to prove

guineaPig said:
on the matter of the chinese using underage girls in gymnastics....yeah, they're cheating, but shouldn't some credit be given for what appears to be a 12 year old competing on the same level as like a 16 or 17 or however the fuck old the US competitors are?

also, i just watched the gold medal match in women's volley ball.
i've got three words on the matter: china. is. shady.

first, you've got the one girl that "likes drama in her match" meaning, she'll fake ailment to get 5-10min in the medics tent and throw off the other team's rhythm.

they showed her doing that in a past match and then she did it AGAIN in this match.
also, they looked like they were taking advantage of the reworked scoring system.
china scored on the US like 3 or 4 times by hitting the ball directly to the top of the net, and letting it just roll over. i wouldn't be surprised if she'd practiced doing that.

and finally, misty may and that other chick were TOTALLY hot, until they won, we turned the volume up on the tv, and we heard them talk.:\

misty may's ass is still awesome though.

Misty May...in the rain and sand...soooo hooootttt.

Did you see when May spiked the ball right into that Chinese bitches face!

That was the best part of the entire Olympics! Knocked her backwards like three steps! I laughed and laughed....

They FINALLY showed BMX racing last night! I waited the whole Olympics for it and all they showed was the final men's and women's race. I hope they make some tweaks to it next time. The race needs to be a lot longer. Maybe a couple of laps? And they need to put a jump at the finish line. Wouldn't it be great to see the guy in the lead celebrate his gold medal by doing some crazy aerial as he crosses the finish line? (think RAD, if you've ever seen it)

we had the heats, quarters, semis and the final of the BMX... mostly coz there were Aussies involved...

fucking sucked that our chick wiped out in the final, and our guy (who was in the lead - or very close to at the time) got wiped out :( I'm pretty sure our guy would have medalled if he hadn't been taken out... probably not gold, but right up there...

but then, that is the nature of the sport, which kinda blows... you can be taken out, and through no fault of your own, be out of it... that would shit me to tears...

fuuuuuck, they really showed the BMX last night??? was watching the US track relay teams fuck up their hand-offs and fell asleep when the diving started. hopefully i'll catch some kind of replay of the BMX, tho' doubtful. :(

Isn't there some simpler way to check the age of the Chinese gymnasts, where we don't have to deal with China's falsification of passports, birth certificates, etc?

Can we cut them in half and count the rings?

I think thats the only way to know for sure.

UsainBolt.jpg

OMG i am so mad. I missed the women's basketball final- USA/China. I waited all week for that darn thing. I took soma last night so i fell asleep. It was on at like 2 am.

But at least USA won. 4 Olympics in a row WOOOO HOOOOO.

I guess i could find it on line and watch it but it's not the same. I'll also see what i can find on youtube.

Oh also, the IOC is doing an official investigation on the woman's Chinese gymnastics team.. about the under age issue. So far they have uncovered that there is a record of He Kexin being born in 94, which would make her UNDER AGE. This will be interesting. I mean i give the kid kudos for doing a great job but rules are rules. If anything pans out the Chinese will be stripped of their gold because the investigation was launched before the games ended. This will be interesting.

RPG

Shame the people who deserved it won't get to stand on the podium and receive their gold that way though.. getting golds after the event just seems like statistic boosting

Yea, it's like winng by default. I'm sure the US girls wouldn't be 100% satisfied getting their gold that way. It's a shame.RPG

US women's basketball team beat Australia, not China... but hey... it's still by the by as they still won :(

CB.

Its not good being an aussie in Scotland at the moment, all of a sudden they are interested in the olympics when during the first week they are like fuck off we are not supporting 'Great Britain'

i prolly watched more of these games than i have any other before. good stuff. gorgeous hd broadcast, but fuck channel 7 and their atrociously timed commercial breaks and insistance to stop broadcast for their nightly pathetic excuse for a news program.