• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television Old show appreciation

bitterbrains

Greenlighter
I don't have cable anymore and lately I've gotten into those old people channels with commercials for discreet catheter delivery. They play Mary Tyler Moore, MASH, Bob Newhart. Those shows were great! Fuck the sexaholics on Grey's Anatomy. Mary, Rhoda, Lou and Murray are the kind of people I want to know. I love Lou Grant. I love Bob Newhart's secretary with the horse face.
What has happened to TV? And where are my damn catheters??

Ahh Bitterbrains I agree with you 100%, TV has no heart anymore. I love watching Andy Griffith and I Love Lucy on TV Land. One of my other favourite things to do is listen to a program on NPR that plays all the old radio programs from the 30s-60s like, "Yukon Jack", "The Lone Ranger" and so on.

Those programs just had so much heart and were so cool they just take me back to a time well before I was even born. They also include the old advertisements for stuff like Clorox and washing machines from Sears that are just so cool to listen to. Maybe im just nostalgic but I could listen and watch that old stuff all day.

TV has become profoundly affected by this government spyprogram called the Inter Nets. And now almost everyone with half a brain is using it. I said almost.

And half a brain. I ain't using it, and technically a lobotomy only removes about 1/8th of the cerebrum.

so when the tv networks realized their customers were receiving their daily dose of mental aneasthetic from the Inter Nets, they began to go crazy to find ways to drive down cost and increase revenue. Well mostly, the craziness the big TV networks of old did was to stick their heads in the sand try to wish the Inter Nets away with all their might. The newspaper industry has been trying to stick their fingers in their ears while they have their heads in the sand while yelling like dying pigs, and amazingly it hasn't helped them!

So, Network TV just did nothing, kept tryring to develop the same 4 camera sitcom using that same damn sound stage that has been the interior home of choice since Lucy, or Archie Bunker, or Sanford and Son (kitchen varies between stage right and stage left)

When was the last time a broadcast network had a hit? Except for Glee. And 30 Rock. Well, ok there've been a few. Seinfeld. Friends.

TV has also realized that they needed to talk plainly to their customers about everything including the tube you jam down your ureter so you can spray piss uncontrollaby like a dropped garden hose with the spray turned up to "Strip Paint" mode. Who knew that it was even an issue to have to use the same pee straw twice? i thought you just stuck one up in yeah and wore it around like a sort of tampon/suction device. When would you ever take one out?

Anyway, I know that explains everything, so you're welcome

hogans heroes was part of my after school ritual for a year or two back in the day.

I think Taxi is one of the best shows ever made. Not many of today's characters can top Latka Gravas, Reverend Jim, or Louie De Palma!

i loved happy days, charles in charge and family ties.

and a few years following; alf, mork n mindy and full house.

...kytnism...:|

Last edited:
Halfoz, catheter comfort is a big issue. Also incontinence supplies.

On this same channel they always advertise the power pump or whatever it's called, the handheld dumbbell that gyrates in your hand and takes you from totally ripped to scary ripped. Who is their demographic?

Anyway it seems like in new tv it's all about banter while on old shows they had realistic exchanges. They tried to talk like real people while on new shows it's like they're in another world, everything exaggerated and streamlined.

I'm even starting to like Cheers. Yes, sometimes I do want to go where everybody knows my name and they're always glad I came. That would be great.

aint we lucky we got em, oohhh, GOOD TIMES!

love that show.

I like the episode where JJ got shot by those generic lookin 'gang' members outside that theater when he was with his family. Florida looks down at him and is screaming "JJ are you alright?! Say something" JJ looks up and says "....Call the cops....somebody has been shot!" Shit cracked me up.

- Little House on the Prairie
- Golden Girls
- All in the Family
- The Cosby Show

Sanford and Son.

Star Trek TOS is still my favorite part of the franchise.

The Twilight Zone.

I Love Lucy has aged remarkably well, and is still hilarious.

Not quite as old as some of the ones mentioned in this thread, but I enjoyed Murphy Brown and Who's The Boss when they had reruns on Nick at Nite.

I enjoyed Bewitched. I loved Elizabeth Montgomery.

Bonanza That shit is great I was forced to watch it in military school when i was like 17 but now that im 24 I love that show.

The X files were good

how about Wurzel gummidge , he was ace too

bit of good old supergran she was ace n all lol

Oh I just thought of one that I know lots of people on here used to love to watch!

"Press Your Luck"

Tell me that wasn't the coolest show ever. Big money, big money, no whammies, no whammies, no whammieeeesssss STOP! Ohhhh......double whammmmmmyyy! =D