• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[old] CD social V we've almost done it mates. #LegalizeIt

Status
Not open for further replies.
I usually have a past gen console (360 now) because they are dirt cheap and the games (unless rare) are under $10. I'm not a big gamer however (less than 5 hours a week, sometimes 0.)

If I was planning on spending several hundred on a console I would just save a little under $1000 and get a powerful computer (though graphics card prices seem to have gotten crazy.)

I bought a used GPU for only 100 bucks when I built my new computer. You just gotta shop smart. I think all together mine ran me 850, and I'm very happy with it. I also opted for some unnecessary expenses but also got stuff like Win10 for free, so it's all about what you want out of the computer in the end and how willing you are to shop around/wait for deals.

any of y'all fools still play GTA5 online on PS4?

This cold spell's got me all cuddled up with my video games. :)
I've been playing Saint's Row recently, it's similar to GTA but has it's own style.

I rebooted GTA 4 on the PS3 (which got game of the year 2008 if I recall correctly), and found myself amazed at how differently I felt about it. Specifically, it's the cell the phone in the game that makes it completely different now. Back in 2008 I didn't have a cell phone, so having one in game was kind of fun. Looking back now 10 years later, that damn cell phone is annoying as all fuck. I can't stand playing it now, it's so weird. I'm sure GTA 5 is better but I never upgraded.

I am still getting good use out of the PS3 though (I've had it for almost 13 years now). Finally watched the Hobbit (twice) and now I'm starting on LOTR (twice) and then I'll spend a whole weekend watching both as a marathon.

As a side note, I never thought I'd see the day that Sony allowed cross platform play.

But here it is

Damn, I didn't realize we were doing a Master Race roll call.

Y'all have fun with your PCs gaming. I have a better time with my consoles. There could be any number of countless reasons for it but, most of all, when I'm playing video games I like to be laid up and relaxing, and it's hard to do that with a keyboard, mouse and computer chair while I'm posted up in the corner of a room.

I've been playing Saint's Row recently, it's similar to GTA but has it's own style.

I rebooted GTA 4 on the PS3 (which got game of the year 2008 if I recall correctly), and found myself amazed at how differently I felt about it. Specifically, it's the cell the phone in the game that makes it completely different now. Back in 2008 I didn't have a cell phone, so having one in game was kind of fun. Looking back now 10 years later, that damn cell phone is annoying as all fuck. I can't stand playing it now, it's so weird. I'm sure GTA 5 is better but I never upgraded.

As a side note, I never thought I'd see the day that Sony allowed cross platform play.

But here it is

Saints Row 4 was fun as hell, man! When I hit the endgame, though, I lost all interest in coming back to it.

The GTA progression from game-to-game is insane. I remember San Andreas as being this cutting edge, awesome-looking game when I played it back in the 2000's. I picked it up again a few weeks ago and instantly I thought "huh.... this looks really bad..." Still fun as hell to play but when I beat the game and popped GTA5 back in it almost felt like I was playing a real-life movie or something. It's like night and day.

They definitely improved the cell phone from 4 to 5. It's essentially become a smart phone with internet browsing, text messaging, in-game email, a camera, a quicksave feature.... and probably a few other features that I'm forgetting. It gets a lot more use in 5, too, but honestly most of the alerts it gives you can be ignored with no consequence. Some missions will only start through a phone call or a text received, but you could probably play through most of the game without paying much attention to your cell phone at all.

Was listening to the original GTA soundtrack a few weeks back. It's pretty good. I didn't know at the time it came out that all of the songs were made just for the game.

About an hour of decent 90's hip hop, funk and electro.

Damn, I didn't realize we were doing a Master Race roll call.

Y'all have fun with your PCs gaming. I have a better time with my consoles. There could be any number of countless reasons for it but, most of all, when I'm playing video games I like to be laid up and relaxing, and it's hard to do that with a keyboard, mouse and computer chair while I'm posted up in the corner of a room.
I find my computer desk much more comfortable, but to each their own. Also you don't have to play at a desk. I occasionally game on my old desktop I just have setup in my living room on my 49" tv. That's what I like about PCs, I can make them any way I like.

I mean I still use our Xbox occasionally, but when it comes down to it if I want a controller (often a main complaint of console vs PC) I can just buy a corded Xbox one and download compatibility software. My wife is still just a console gamer though. She enjoys the simplicity too.

Wasn't trying to start a heated debate. I'm just in love with my two PC setups.

I find my computer desk much more comfortable, but to each their own. Also you don't have to play at a desk. I occasionally game on my old desktop I just have setup in my living room on my 49" tv. That's what I like about PCs, I can make them any way I like.

I mean I still use our Xbox occasionally, but when it comes down to it if I want a controller (often a main complaint of console vs PC) I can just buy a corded Xbox one and download compatibility software. My wife is still just a console gamer though. She enjoys the simplicity too.

Wasn't trying to start a heated debate. I'm just in love with my two PC setups.

I get it, dude, I get it. I was just tryna find a buddy though and it irritated me when the stereotypical master race bullshit was immediately brought up. Can't ever ask an online/anonymous buddy to play a game without someone (sometimes it's even them, lol) chiming in about how consoles suck.

It doesn't offend me personally that y'all like to be on your computers, I just hate that kind of deflection from the actual question with a standard holier-than-thou answer.

Jibult I also prefer consoles but wouldn't pay for anything current gen (not a big enough gamer.) I prefer to sit in a recliner with a wireless controller.

Most of my friends use consoles. I don't play most standard games though. I'm not really into shooters anymore which are the big draw for console gaming. For the most part I'm into RTS and MMO type games, neither of which are on consoles (or if they are it's crappy). Otherwise I'd probably have a PS4. I find the Xbox One glitchy and frustrating. Same with the 360. My old PS2 is still kicking and I love to go back and play occasionally.

If we were to discuss the merits of GTA vs Saints Row I've always liked Saints Row more. I find the controls much more accommodating and easy to use, and the over the top stories hilarious. And I like the focus on being a gang banger lol. The GTA series is more of a time waster for me where I just try and find crazy ways to throw my character out of his vehicles windshield.

Also, not to go back to my love for PC, but I already pay 50 bucks a month for internet service... why should I pay another 60 a year just to play my console online? I actively use our two Xbox systems every month or so, but haven't paid for live in at least a decade. Such a rip off. When Sony announced the PS4 would be pay to play as well that pretty much cemented my decision to never buy a console again.

Now my wife wants to buy a Wii U Switch or whatever the fuck the new low fidelity gimmick Nintendo put out recently, solely for two games (Animal Crossing and Zelda) that are Nintendo exclusives. If she wasn't working and wanted to use my money for that I'd be pissed lol. I can bitch all I like about Microsoft/Sony but I really gave up on Nintendo after their last decent console, the Gamecube.

I also collect retro consoles and handhelds (Genesis, Gamegear, N64, etc.) for fun and value appreciation, but I mostly leave those in storage these days. I think the Sega Genesis is probably one of my favorites of the early consoles. Nothing like playing Roadrash and knocking your opponents off their bikes.

My point is I like consoles. I'm just disappointed by the last two generations.

Last edited:
I'm not positive what I used this morning, I believe it was either sour diesel, or more likely rudeboi og. Anyway, holy FUCK it knocked me out. Like I might as well have taken heroin, I couldn't be bothered to move or do anything and sometimes breathing felt like too much of a hassle (not that it was difficult to breathe it was just... exhausting). And I had JUST woken up, pretty ready to face the day. Some powerful shit! I wonder what the terpene and cannabinoid profile was.

Man this happened to me with blueberry lately, normally I?m fine with any amount of weed. Kid you not half a gram of bong tokes and I?d be KO?d even in the morning dawg. I had to get some cheese quake and save the berry for nights. It was 15 %thc (taking away mass of the acidic part of thc-A in the plant) and yeah just knocked me out.

It was high in carryophylenne or something? The terpene profile, anyways the one that is in black pepper just smoked after a long gruelling 8 hours of nit being stoned in life so i dont feel like checkng the name even though it would take less time that typing this.

Dudes sativas can be under-rated for sleep as well. Get a nice tropical 70/30 and i trip out for a couple hours then get really hungry and pass out. The blueberry was a KO crash though. The terpene profile was one of the most interesting i have seen from these two strains.

weed is a mystery eh. I really should be looking into the industry kind of sucks when the drugs catch up with you and it becomes clear it is not only mental illness anymore.

No weed, sativa or indica (or any combination thereof), can keep you stimulated for longer than an hour or two. People who believe they feel stimulated all the way to the end are experiencing placebo or nocebo, that's simply not how it works. I came to that conclusion after discussing it with a few friends, unfortunately none of which I talk to anymore because a few of them went off the rails with paranoid schizophrenia and destroyed their life including all their relationships with other people.

^Only a Sith deals in absolutes TN. Maybe some people DO get longer stimulation.

I've never had the pleasure of really knowing what strain I have, but I can recall a few times where I got a clear sativa. Something very different about them.

Longer, yes. For the whole high? Never, unless perhaps you have an interfering mental disorder (like mania or something) or your weed was laced.

I have hypomania often, weed does not make me tired. I can do chain bong hits til 6am if I feel like it.

No weed, sativa or indica (or any combination thereof), can keep you stimulated for longer than an hour or two. People who believe they feel stimulated all the way to the end are experiencing placebo or nocebo, that's simply not how it works. I came to that conclusion after discussing it with a few friends, unfortunately none of which I talk to anymore because a few of them went off the rails with paranoid schizophrenia and destroyed their life including all their relationships with other people.

I agree but with a low tolerance I would say a little longer, up to twice that time in my experience. People metabolize stuff different but yeah, you can't just keep hitting the same receptors again and again and get the same effect. And after that hour or two, you need to wait out the burnout if you want to get stoned again. For myself I generally smoke every 6 hours until the evening when I will smoke more than that. Otherwise, I simply don't experience a transition in consciousness. Or, it can become paradoxical and weed replaces sobriety and you feel sober when you're stoned and a little off when you're not.

I have chosen the middle way with pot. In all regards. I like medium potency (but top quality) strains, bong rips over joints and under dabs, and daily smoking but not to the point that it interferes with my day. I probably spend half an hour a day scaling out and packing bowls and changing bong water and getting stoned and stuff, it isn't a burden.

I'm def addicted though and it doesn't really matter as I have a prescription and this is one drug I will never quit. Specifically, I am habituated to the bong. Weigh out quarter gram rips by the candlelight, got lil peep going, computer screen darkened, it is lovely here. Got my etizolam got my herb got my candles and my tunes.

Couchlocked.

So I got fucked out of my mind on jack herer this morning and passed out. I still feel like death (not in a particularly negative way, just completely hollow and robotic) 7 hours later. What a great experience though. Holding in your hits truly does it. I can't speak for smoking, but with a vaporizer it's a world of difference holding in for say 5 seconds vs 25-30 or even longer. Could save so much money on weed.

Respectfully - horseshit. Do you consider a mushroom like trip stimulation? Do you consider fractal patterns completely obscuring your vision for that length of time stimulating? It's very easy, depending on individual genetics, to have a highly variable response. So much so that it's usually considered atypical, placebo or lying. Of course, if you have a different definition of stimulation then you're right and I apologize.

Might as well come out and say it; I've got Asperger's and I'm not ashamed of it. Drugs affect aspies a bit differently. How incoming information is processed just isn't the same as for most people and so it wouldn't be surprising that a drug can have a vastly different effect.

Tom

Kz58qc7.png

Status
Not open for further replies.