• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[old] CD social V we've almost done it mates. #LegalizeIt

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm starting to resent indicas. All they do now is make me sleep. I mean granted sometimes I want that, but they also give me hardcore sleep inertia and make me lay in bed several hours longer than I normally would some days.

Weed doesn't make me sleep, period (I'll smoke indica til 5am) but I tend to find heavier indicas a little stupifying which is not a desired effect for me.

I'm going to take a week off anything with THC in it and only go for my CBD bud. Too much borderline psychosis and paranoid schizophrenia-like thoughts on and for even a day or two after comedown.

edit 2 hours after original post:

Damn if I ever get the chance to grow I'm going to grow something CBD-dominant like harle-tsu or ringo's gift. CBD is an amazing thing.

Last edited:
I'm going to take a week off anything with THC in it and only go for my CBD bud. Too much borderline psychosis and paranoid schizophrenia-like thoughts on and for even a day or two after comedown.

edit 2 hours after original post:

Damn if I ever get the chance to grow I'm going to grow something CBD-dominant like harle-tsu or ringo's gift. CBD is an amazing thing.

I was browsing leafly recently and came across a strain called 3D CBD and it sounded really pleasant. Something like a 5:8 ratio of THC:CBD, I think. idk, I thought it'd be mellow, and plus the name was catchy so it stuck in my mind.

I find the reported THC/CBD content on leafly is only useful for a very general idea. As in, it's only really going to tell you if it's CBD-dominant, balanced, or THC-dominant. I've seen plenty of strains listed on there that claim to top out at like 15% THC meanwhile every dispensary in Oregon has that strain with 20-25% THC content. But there are a lot of interesting strains out there to try. If I could ever get into growing I'd pick maybe 2-4 good strains and then try to adjust growing conditions to change effects, I feel like grow-to-grow variance has a much bigger effect on your experience than strain-to strain. One man's heavy indica may end up producing the same effects as another man's green crack grow, depending on LOTS of things.

Though I still believe in general you can be guided by the strain to a certain extent. Like say you grow a pure racy sativa, a pure knockout indica, and a 50:50 hybrid dozens of times (the number is irrelevant), I bet you get plenty of batches where the effects are almost indistinguishable between the strains, but the general trend would be the pure sativa more often provided an energetic high, and the indica more often provided the sleepy high, and balanced would of course be in between.

Of course I wouldn't have to guess at all of this if the war on drugs (cough pfizer cough) would just fuck right off.

Also I forgot to mention, I stopped by a new (to me) dispensary today, got 7 grams of 15% CBD Ringo's Gift and 2 grams of 24% THC Cherry AK-47 for $50 OTD ($40 pre-tax). Not bad.

Last edited:
I find the reported THC/CBD content on leafly is only useful for a very general idea. As in, it's only really going to tell you if it's CBD-dominant, balanced, or THC-dominant. I've seen plenty of strains listed on there that claim to top out at like 15% THC meanwhile every dispensary in Oregon has that strain with 20-25% THC content. But there are a lot of interesting strains out there to try. If I could ever get into growing I'd pick maybe 2-4 good strains and then try to adjust growing conditions to change effects, I feel like grow-to-grow variance has a much bigger effect on your experience than strain-to strain. One man's heavy indica may end up producing the same effects as another man's green crack grow, depending on LOTS of things.

Though I still believe in general you can be guided by the strain to a certain extent. Like say you grow a pure racy sativa, a pure knockout indica, and a 50:50 hybrid dozens of times (the number is irrelevant), I bet you get plenty of batches where the effects are almost indistinguishable between the strains, but the general trend would be the pure sativa more often provided an energetic high, and the indica more often provided the sleepy high, and balanced would of course be in between.

Of course I wouldn't have to guess at all of this if the war on drugs (cough pfizer cough) would just fuck right off.

Yeah, that's cool. The strain itself is still advertised to have been bred for that kind of psychoactive content, though. I thought it was common knowledge to take Leafly with a grain of salt, but it's still a pretty fun site to just get lost in a trail of links.

[EDIT: sorry, dude, right after I posted I re-read and realized this came across as super dismissive. Didn't mean to seem like a dick, I was just excited about my vape and wanted to respond to you before I posted that shit]

So my PAX came today! Not a moment too soon either, as I've had a shitty fucking day and nearly ended work with a panic attack when my car wouldn't start.

I've packed a half-oven, about .2g, so far. Started at 390F, upped it to 400F after about ten solid hits, and I've gotten another five or so since then. The flavor's.... not what I was expecting. The taste reminds me more of the the smell of someone making cannabutter... but it's good, almost pleasant. I actually think I prefer this subtle smell to lingering smoke, but time'll tell, though.

The high's okay, man, it's a solid okay. Like I said, I've gotten about 15 total hits off of an amount that would probably get me three smoking it in my bubbler, and I'm honestly just about as high as I would be from a bowl ('bout a [3], close to [4]) and I'm fuckin' good with that.

You guys all left me with a bit of buyer's remorse when I asked for opinions after buying the damn thing, but ay, turns out it's a sweet little vape, man, a sweet little vape... The companion app's got me feelin' all high-class settin' the temperature with my phone and shit, idk, I like this fuckin' thing. At the moment I'd for sure recommend it, but you gotta remember I'm still on my first use after charging the sum bitch up. Give it some time and my opinion might change, who knows?

Last edited:
I don't know what temperature that thing goes up to but the high is just plain better the higher you set the temperature. If I really wanna get fucked up I go straight to 435-440f on my Boundless CFV.

I don't know what temperature that thing goes up to but the high is just plain better the higher you set the temperature. If I really wanna get fucked up I go straight to 435-440f on my Boundless CFV.

It goes up to 420F (strangely enough, lol), but there's a boost feature that says it pops it up 15 degrees higher when you take a pull, and levels it back out when it's not in use.... so it might theoretically go up to 435F, I'm not sure....

But yeah, I definitely noticed the high getting a little more body heavy the higher I put the temp, but I also was incrementally raising it and just figured I was getting more and more stoned. The fuckin' bud looked like tobacco when I emptied the oven, though, so I think I understand now why people don't really encourage smoking abv.

I think the best part for me is I love this high. It's the most subtle shit ever, but my eyes are glossy as a bitch and I've been finding myself getting stuck on shit over and over and over in the past couple of hours. It's nothing like being sedatedly smacked or anything, but it's everything I think I've been looking for for my daily usage. It's cool at first, but after a while it's not much fun being smacked 24/7-- sometimes you need to get shit done instead of just sitting around feeling good.

Last edited:
I'm just plain disappointed in anything below 370f on my vaporizer, and the fun doesn't really start until somewhere between 420 and 430f. I know the exact temperature that durban seems to unlock its potential. 438.

Of course that's probably bullshit because how likely is there to be a difference between like 435 and 438? Maybe it's placebo but it seems to be more fun when I set it to 438-440f (it goes a bit higher but I've never taken a pull above 440)

i just smoked a bowl of gg, crumble and some hash. very stoned now, worked ok but it it seem like some hash fell through but with more heat gave probably the best hit of the bowl, i love bubble hash i dont know why not many places carry it

i just smoked a bowl of gg, crumble and some hash. very stoned now, worked ok but it it seem like some hash fell through but with more heat gave probably the best hit of the bowl, i love bubble hash i dont know why not many places carry it
I agree bubble hash and dry sift are the best of the best. They just don't yield nearly as much as solvent extracts and strains have to be bred for the purpose of collecting the resin to really get the most out of a mechanical extraction. I don't know what the regulation are right now, but a lot of people were also failing microbial and mold tests because they weren't properly drying their hash.

It goes up to 420F (strangely enough, lol), but there's a boost feature that says it pops it up 15 degrees higher when you take a pull, and levels it back out when it's not in use.... so it might theoretically go up to 435F, I'm not sure....

But yeah, I definitely noticed the high getting a little more body heavy the higher I put the temp, but I also was incrementally raising it and just figured I was getting more and more stoned. The fuckin' bud looked like tobacco when I emptied the oven, though, so I think I understand now why people don't really encourage smoking abv.

I think the best part for me is I love this high. It's the most subtle shit ever, but my eyes are glossy as a bitch and I've been finding myself getting stuck on shit over and over and over in the past couple of hours. It's nothing like being sedatedly smacked or anything, but it's everything I think I've been looking for for my daily usage. It's cool at first, but after a while it's not much fun being smacked 24/7-- sometimes you need to get shit done instead of just sitting around feeling good.

Sounds like you're having fun w/the Pax. Awesome. Here's some temperature stuff for you to mess around with-

https://honestmarijuana.com/vaping-temperature-chart/?age-verified=69df00bd15

Generally speaking that chart is accurate. The cool thing is that you can vape at specific temperatures and as long as you keep your abv in labelled containers then you can tailor make edibles with higher bp temperature cannabinoids. I used to have jars that were labelled as 340F, 360F, etc meaning that the stuff in any given jar wasn't vaped at a temp greater than what the label says. And if you use abv only vaped at certain temperatures you can make the kind of edible you want.

The Pax 3 was a better choice than my Solo ][ (glass stems which I managed to break).

You can even save your abv to make some nasty QWISO.

Tom

I agree bubble hash and dry sift are the best of the best. They just don't yield nearly as much as solvent extracts and strains have to be bred for the purpose of collecting the resin to really get the most out of a mechanical extraction. I don't know what the regulation are right now, but a lot of people were also failing microbial and mold tests because they weren't properly drying their hash.

yeah the only realy downside is bubble hash isnt nearly as strong as wax, but it has a much better high. i just took a couple hits of hash now, very tasty, do you have any tips on more effecient smoking techniques if not im just going to smoke some more on top of a bowl

The Network I agree with what you're saying about THC and CBD content. It is far more complex than indica vs. sativa and terpenes play a critical role as well, particularly the ratios between them. I don't know how accurate the lab testing is and within strains themselves there are clearly variations. It all adds to the fun.

Man different weeds have such different effects. I can't smoke a couple puffs of 15% blueberry without soon after passing out. I smoke the same 15% of a cheese hybrid and I might feel racey effects. Sativas that are more pure often mellow and trip me out; they tend to be very recreational, but indicas like shishkaberry can be too.

They can also be stimulating. Hindu kush, pure landrace indica, is dominated by the terpene terpinolene. For whatever reason, this strain enables me to focus. I have talked to other people who have adhd, and have the same reaction.

It's more complicated when you take personal biology into account. Indica is a short and stout plant. Sativa is a tall lanky one. That doesn't mean it has to affect the mind in a different way. I personally think it's all about the terpenes. I think that I got hit by a ton of bricks today because I have been using strains low in myrcene all year, and this one is high in that terpene. I smoked a couple points in the morning and I still don't feel like getting high again.

So I sampled a cheese strain, just stocked up on it. Some of the best racey weed I've had all year and I could sure use the energy. I've been neglecting burnout weed lately although there is a time and a place for that. Every cheese strain I have tried has been highly stimulating. There is so much to it that writing about it gets me confused and questioning myself, weed is a magical thing.

I'm so happy I got that half ounce I was going to fuck off with a bunch of xanax instead and that is always a terrible idea and I'll probably lose my mind if I go any further with that.

yeah the only realy downside is bubble hash isnt nearly as strong as wax, but it has a much better high. i just took a couple hits of hash now, very tasty, do you have any tips on more effecient smoking techniques if not im just going to smoke some more on top of a bowl
Best way to smoke bubble hash without a nail is by placing a screen in the bowl. Watch this video to get an idea, you want it to melt and bubble, not really burn. Also he takes HUGE rips, but it shows the technique well.

I want to learn how to make bubble and dry sift so bad. Well not learn. Do. Dabbing is too much for me but I'd be drooling over some full melt hash harvested from chron, dripping all over those same colas lol.

Could take my favourite strains and make hash with kind buds. At the moment I am content with this cheese cross. It is a potent as fuck hybrid. I can normally smoke any amount of weed but admittedly I stepped down from .3 to .1 tonight and I'm high as fuck just off that and like right away. It's 15% THC and is definitely the unconventional terpene profile doing something here and probably lack of cbd but it's 40/60 indica. So weird cause I've had over 20% (subtracting the weight of the acidic form) THC and it just made me feel stupid and lazy. That was girl scout cookies, I don't think they agree with my tummy.

I thought it through all day as I have had a few hours of work for weed change these past couple days and knew for sure to stock up. I haven't had a cheese strain like uk cheese in years. That one is overbearing compared to this one in its pungency but the effects are similar. Racey weed, I find. Stuff that people who like stimulants would love. Being depressed I am not compaining.

Hey Jibult

I've recently got a pax3 but I'm running it 370 to 375 start. I had the setting on FLAVOUR for over a month and that was the bomb, then I tried BOOST and lately EFFICIENCY mode. WOW.

8 weeks later and I'm still really happy

Hope you are too.

The Network I agree with what you're saying about THC and CBD content. It is far more complex than indica vs. sativa and terpenes play a critical role as well, particularly the ratios between them. I don't know how accurate the lab testing is and within strains themselves there are clearly variations. It all adds to the fun.

Man different weeds have such different effects. I can't smoke a couple puffs of 15% blueberry without soon after passing out. I smoke the same 15% of a cheese hybrid and I might feel racey effects. Sativas that are more pure often mellow and trip me out; they tend to be very recreational, but indicas like shishkaberry can be too.

They can also be stimulating. Hindu kush, pure landrace indica, is dominated by the terpene terpinolene. For whatever reason, this strain enables me to focus. I have talked to other people who have adhd, and have the same reaction.

It's more complicated when you take personal biology into account. Indica is a short and stout plant. Sativa is a tall lanky one. That doesn't mean it has to affect the mind in a different way. I personally think it's all about the terpenes. I think that I got hit by a ton of bricks today because I have been using strains low in myrcene all year, and this one is high in that terpene. I smoked a couple points in the morning and I still don't feel like getting high again.

So I sampled a cheese strain, just stocked up on it. Some of the best racey weed I've had all year and I could sure use the energy. I've been neglecting burnout weed lately although there is a time and a place for that. Every cheese strain I have tried has been highly stimulating. There is so much to it that writing about it gets me confused and questioning myself, weed is a magical thing.

I'm so happy I got that half ounce I was going to fuck off with a bunch of xanax instead and that is always a terrible idea and I'll probably lose my mind if I go any further with that.
Yes, in reality it's mostly plant structure. However, you tend to find more sweet/citrus smelling sativas while indicas are more often skunky/cheesy/generally kind of rank smelling. That relates directly to terpenes which I'm pretty sure affect high greatly, although I think some people are way overhyped about terpenes, especially when they start claiming this or that terpene kills cancer cells or cures depression. Needs a LOT more research, and I'm also slightly skeptical because you get generally on the order of maybe tens to hundreds of micrograms of terpenes when you use weed, very very few substances on this earth have any noticeable effect at those levels. Nevertheless I do suspect terpenes have something to do with the high.

In the end I wouldn't be surprised either way if you're right and it's all about terpenes, OR the other extreme, maybe it's something like mindset and personal brain chemistry and terpenes do fuck all but smell nice lol

Status
Not open for further replies.