• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Ok to restart oxycodone?

Howdidthishappen

Greenlighter
I stopped taking oxycodone because of constipation. I'm having terrible withdrawal, and may need them to manage the pain from my knee surgery. Ok to restart my prescription? It's been 4 days.

You mean if it is ok to start them from which point of view? If you haven't had any abuse at all I would say that it is ok to start again but depending how long time you used before you might need to have a little smaller dose.

Constipation comes with every opiate and if you want to use them you have to deal with it by using laxatives or changing your diet. Anyhow ask your doctor if you haven't had bowel moments for a week after if you start using again.

I don't see any problem with restarting. I'm on oxy daily myself and had to figure out the constipation thing. Frankly doing an enema each morning is the perfect solution. I had no problems then at all but eventually taking lots of psyllium and eating lots of fiber, like beans and raw veggies I usually don't need the enema now. I find enemas quite painless on every level, even pleasurable. I even started plugging my oxy for a better effect. It's not a big deal. It's a hell of a lot better than suffering serious constipation. You can get a decent enema bag on Amazon or such for cheap. Good luck.