• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Alcohol Ok to drink light Alcoholic beverage while tapering?

drfeelgood1

Bluelighter
Ok, so I had been on Xanax about 1mg a day and started to taper off down to 0.5mg now a day a few days ago.
I want to drink these Hard Seltzers which are 4.5% in alcohol content during the holidays.

I'm planning to drink a few days from now.

So what are your suggestions? Before I start to drink these, should I wait two or even more days until the current remaining Xanax is flushed out from my system?

And also, how long I should wait after drinking before I continue to taper? Meaning the other way around, because I want to avoid the severe withdrawals and I really need to taper for months before being normal again.

For how long have you been on Xanax? Consider that alcohol has this hangover phase after it got metabolized into acetaldehyde and is no more active on its own, and this is the last thing you want during a benzo withdrawal.

I guess you could try just one(!) can and wait for 6h to see what you get but only if you're sure to being able to control intake. Can be pretty heavily toxic otherwise, including all sorts of fun stuff like seizures and shakes.

Avoid alcohol COMPLETELY. Trust me. It will only make it a lot worse and will fuck up your taper schedule too