• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Official Tramadol Discussion Thread - Second Swallow

if you had to describe how tramal differs compared to other opioids, how would it be?

I usually take codein, DHC, morphine, OXY and rarely H....but have some tramals lying around.

Uhh, weak? I'd rather have codeine over tram, if that's any indication, and I would most certainly choose the stronger ones you mentioned (oxy <3), but I don't always have easy access.

^ I didn't try others but codeine (which isn't bad) is shit compared to tramadol ;)
It's quite different; just read the thoughts of people who use it and find it entertaining.

hello!

what drugs should acquire to make good use better make my tramadol experience?

what should i absolutely not consume before doing tramadol?

i have 100mg retard versions. so they last 12hrs or something.

took 500mg ad nothing happened then again i was on benzos and dhc.

what can and cant i have in me when using tramadol at 400-500mg doses?

thank You

Take 200mgs of caffeine either in tablet form or via liquid (red bull) about 5 mins before taking 200mgs of tramadol on EMPTY stomach.

Caffeine is the safest and most effective potentiator of tramadol and in tramadol doses below 400mgs, a ratio of 1:1 is excellent at making the most of the drug.

Taking it on EMPTY stomach also halves the amount needed as well as reduces the waiting perior to start feeling the effects to about 20mins post ingestion. I cannot stress enough how taking it on an empty stomach (e.g upong waking up) potentiates the AD effect.

If you dont have a high tolerance, taking tramadol as I mention will feel great, 200mgs feels like 400mgs and it comes up in about 20 mins, the caffeine potentiates the 5ht release and NE reuptake without risking serotonin syndrome or a hypertensive crisis.

The aforementioned advice is in regards to upping the stimulation/AD properties of tramadol and NOT the opiated phase, which generally starts to be noticed about 2 hours after ingestion. I personally dislike the opiate phase and I love the first two hours of tramadol, I think it is the best AD legally available. Those bashing it are those who abuse stronger opiates/stimulants or those who expect tramadol to be like oxy or MDMA.

Tramadol is an acquired taste.

Can I grow my dosage slowly to find where starts the "seizure caution signals" or seizures appears without any advice on early doses? For example, if 150 mg is fine (any alarming side effect), 200 will can cause seizure attack? If the answer is yes, tramadol seems difficult to handle... in recreationally terms at least.

Seizures caused by Tramadol (clonic-tonic) will come up with no notice and if they do, it will be too late by then. If you read reports of people seizing from tramadol they go from "going for a smoke and waking up with paramedics around" to "limbs suddenly starting to twitch violently and then waking up (again) surrounded by paramedics".

I would say that, if your limbs start to twitch and you feel disorentiated, your seizure threshold is dangerously lowered and any further insult could initiate a seizure, such as blinking lights. It is scary to think that at the doses some of these people are walking with (700mgs and above) it only takes someone to scare you jokingly or a sudden loud noise to go down on the floor shaking like a fish out of the water. I would even say that it is extremely irresponsible for people to DRIVE on such doses and I believe you can be prosecuted.

I was searching the forum for tramadol potentiation and someone recommended phenibut + tramadol. I can vouch for that combination.

I took 1.2g of phenibut at about 9:00am (it takes me a while to kick in, and I do not feel doses under 1.5g). Then I took 100mg of tramadol and spaced out my further doses over about 2 hours. I ended up taking 400mg (I normally take 300-350mg) and 2.0g of phenibut total. The experience was VERY pleasant. There was much more euphoria than I am used to on tramadol alone, and I was nodding out very often.

Toward the end of the night, I got very nauseous. Threw up twice, which I have never done on tramadol alone. I slept soundly after that, though.

I have used tramdol for quite awhile and have found a few things out about it. I have used many opiates. Tramadol is a very weak synthetic sub for any of them.....
Never drink alcohol when using.
Anything more than 150 mg is a waste and just makes you dizzy.
You get a small opiate high and can not increase it by taking more.
It takes 2 hours to come on.
It is not physically addictive. I have thought many times that I needed it every day only to find out if I stop there was no difference. Also helps if you use some pod or kratom to switch you off.

Just my experience.......

"no idea, but id like to have some more info on people who have had seizures from tramadol, perhaps first hand. i hear about them, but ive never seen some specific info on dosages, perhaps other medicines they were taking, etc. anyone have more specific info on people who have tramadol seizures?"

I used to despise whenever tramadol was prescribed for pain. More in a sec....About the seizures. I was prescribed a bottle afew years back and decided to go for the gusto. I had no idea about any seizure threshold effects. I must have taken 500mg within an hourand a half and popped throughout the day/evening. I was partaking in very scarce opiate consumption, like twice a month. So, no tolerance. My point is that with no tolerance, first time actually abusing them(for pain mostly), a 400+ dosage out of the gates w/ continued individual dosages subsequently and to top it off, I'm healthy, but only weigh about 155LBS and I didn't have one instance of fear or anxiety. Nothing negative. I actually had a pleasant warmth and happiness that came in waves...I know not one person nor have I ever seen or read an article documenting tram OD. I truly believe it is overstated due to the fact that it is possible. It does lower threshold. Other medications taken at the same time can have very bad reactions. People that already have low seizure thresholds, sure, stick to the 400mg/24hrs max dosing. But, healthy people with no seizure issues and are aware of potential undesireable effects from combinations, should have no worries....obviously, to a point. I just feel 400mg is not a bechmark for the majority. Hell, I'm on 600mg's right now. But, I always take with benzo's now.

Back to hating tramadol. Long story short. Tram never eased pain. Had as much effect as acetaminophen. fast foward three years and I have major shoulder issues requiring surgery. No insurance and no time to be laid up. I went through every pain and anti-inflammatory medication there is. Opiods, Lyrica, Gabapentin, Celebrex, Vicoprofen, Shots and nothing worked for more than a day or two. I finally gave in and took the Tram script(180/50mg). I was in a state of complete disbelief. Not only was my pain gone, but I felt wonderful. Great spirits, slight body "buzz"...just a perfect balance. Now I love Trams. So, I had a reverse experience and went from no effects at all to a few years later preffering them to most opiates. Never had that happen before in my life. I've been altering perception and senses for twenty years and have done it all. Such a "harmless" medication kills other much more dangerous ones. WD's are a bitch and that is no lie. But, yet again, constantly exceeding dosage recomendations with no problems. I just pop a Kpin and try to take vacations to stay unchained. well, that's my experiences, thoughts and rituals. I know the date is way old, but I needed to write. And your question was coinciding with my suspicions on how accurate the seizure warnings are and to who? Peace...AdNeuro

bump.
is anyone still active in this thread. i was about to write up a big experience report but not sure if i should if no one is here :)

Me too!! So funny! I think I've probably spent as much on Dr. Pepper as I have on Tramadol!

I'd like to reactivate this thread too! I have a few questions.

1. What do people do to treat the awful constipation side effect? It usually takes me about 3 days to finally have a bowel movement after taking Tramadol. So annoying because I'm trying to lose weight and this always makes me gain weight.

2. Several hours after taking, I almost always throw up. Doesn't matter how much food I've consumed, the nausea seems to come out of nowhere.

I've never taken with a benzo but would a klonopin help with the nausea?

Hi, I've used tramadol on and off for the last five years for osteoarthritis in my lower vertebrae and left hip. I don't take any more than 200mg per day, slow release. I also try to intersperse my daily intake with 2 - 3 days per week with no tramadol at all, this helps with:
1. Constipation
2. Tolerance
3. Withdrawal
4. Sexual arousal
5. Sleep

Withdrawal from tramadol on even modest to low dosages (when taken everyday) is not pleasant. in my experience tolerance develops quickly. Constipation is a common and undesired side effect, to minimise constipation, drink plenty of water, apple and/or pineapple juice, 2 fish oil tablets per day, nuts, dried prunes, 2 cups of coffee per day and whole grain foods such as seeded bread, oats, bran, brown rice etc. There are over the counter drinks you can purchase at pharmacies and you can buy slippery elm powder from most health shops (mix with water). A good walk can also get things going.

I have found tramadol effects to be interesting, my pain is dulled, sexual arousal is numbed, however i find it acts as a stimulant for me (I get a lot of housework and gardening done after I take a 100 mg dose). It tends to suppress my appetite a little. I find it keeps me awake or in a light, surface sleep, and when its like this I feel relaxed, calm, peaceful (usually when not on tramadol and if I can't sleep I start feeling agitated and annoyed). I don't usually take tramadol at night e.g., I'll have one in the morning and if needed I'll have another100mg mid afternoon, but not later if I want to avoid losing sleep. It can diminish feelings of grievance and annoyance, in fact it can provide a sense of mental space and objective detachment from things, issues or people that might be driving you nuts.

I also use tramadol in conjunction with marijuana to help manage pain, there are no negative interactions whatsoever (in my experience), I smoke 2 joints per day in the evening to help with sleep and pain and have done so for 20+ years. I don't experience any nausea on tramadol, however would recommend marijuana for its excellent anti nausea effect, plus it is non toxic, however its not for everyone and there are over the counter anti nausea tablets, including health remedies such as ginger that may help. I don't drink much alcohol generally, I'll have 2-5 drinks over the course of a weekend e.g., Friday/Saturday, I don't drink through the week and think 2-3 standard drinks on lower doses (no more than 100mg per day) would be okay. I wouldn't advocate more than this however. I'm female, 45, average height & weight so please take this into account when thinking about your own intake. I don't use any other drugs at all. I find tramadol very useful, however you need to find the right balance to avoid the negative side effects. &#55357;&#56842;

Last edited:
So today has been my first experience with Tramadol. I've previously taken opiates, but it's been years since I've taken any, even therapeutically.

150mg seems my sweet spot. I'm also a heavy caffeine user, so that may have something to do with it.

It feels very different from other opiates and opioids I've taken, in a good way. I feel alert and awake, but also very calm and relaxed. I don't think this will become a regular thing for me, but I can definitely get behind a good Tram high once every couple of months.

I've read so many posts about how horrible Tramadol withdrawals are so I've been really careful about spacing out my usage. Last week I was really bad ... I used on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. I felt fine Sunday without it, but today is Monday and I feel pretty blah. I've had some stomach pains as well as gas pains, and my nose won't stop running. Are these the kinds of withdrawal symptoms that are typical with Tramadol? Mine are probably minor compared to people who use it everyday ... But I'm just curious what people experience. Everyone says the withdrawals are hell, but no one really goes into detail ...

Anyway ... I also only recently started liking Tramadol. I hated it at first, mostly because I love Oxy and Tramadol is nothing like it. But I also realized I was taking it all wrong ... It's embarrassing to admit, but I was abusing it like I do Oxy, assuming that because I have a high tolerance, I should take I high dose all at once to get the most bang for my buck. This is why I would end up vomiting hours later, totally unexpectedly. I finally researched it and realized I needed to space out the doses. Taking on an empty stomach with caffeine has helped a lot with the high. I no longer vomit. Of course, this new found pleasant side of Tramadol has enticed me to use it more often, which isn't good. If I weren't so vain, I'd probably take it every day. But the constipation is brutal ... And even though the Tramadol totally suppresses my appetite and I don't eat much, I end up gaining a few pounds just because I'm all backed up! I exercise regularly, I eat plenty of fiber, I even take laxatives when I use Tramadol ... But none of it really helps until I've been off it at least 24 hours. How do chronic users deal with the constipation?! Do their bodies eventually get used to it and they end up having BMs? Just curious.

Lots of conflicting info on tramadol, having done some research.

For the most part, people here or on similar boards say Adderall, Prozac and Tramadol are a guaranteed seizure risk.

But, I'm prescribed 40mg Prozac QD and 20mg Adderall IR TID, and asked my physician if I had to worry about 100mg Tramadol and he said no, it was fine. That was from a doctor.

Now I'm an hour into my last adderall dose, as usual had my morning 40mg Prozac, and I have 100mg tramadol calling my name. And I don't know what to think. People here say it's a never mix, my doc said it's safe. Who to listen to??

Oh, yeah, I also popped a 50mg tramadol earlier this morning, probably 8 hours ago, and I'm 4 beers in...

Just as an add-on, I just checked with another psychiatrist who is a goof friend and smoking buddy of mine, and he said that the risk from 40mg Prozac, 20mg Adderall TID and 100mg Tramadol is (and this is a quote) "vanishingly small"

So, final report....

After my daily 40mg Prozac, 20mg Adderall TID. another extra probably 30mg adderall, other normal meds, pot and alcohol, I took 50mg Tramadol in the morning and another 100mg that night with no problem.

BUT...tonight I got my hands on some oxy, and the feeling simply can't be compered. 10mg Oxy using CWE and I'm floating on a cloud,.

New member but I've been on this site for a few years now. I didn't do my research with Tramadol, except reading "Scar Tissue" and learning about AK's experience with it. I was told that there were no withdrawal symptoms with it. That was complete bs. No opiate or synthetic made me feel like an addict besides this nasty drug. To make a long story short, like most, it was prescribed after a surgery because of all the limits on prescription meds. I didn't know the withdrawal symptoms were going to be so bad that I had to take a lot of time off from work in the past year to deal with w/d symptoms. They affected my home life too-always complaining about feeling ill, being constipated and too embarassed to go to work because pooping was really unpredictable. Forget about trying to do anything while withdrawing-eating sounds gross. Working out doesn't happen because you can't get up from being so sick. Your body goes into shock mode. And forget about trying to get the doctor to answer your calls to refill it, leaving you not only in agony, but anxious and nervous because you're waiting for a phone call back from the pharmacy or the Dr's office to simply let you know they either put the script through, or denied it. Yes-the euphoria is awesome, but completely not worth the side effects AT ALL. Doctors want to prescribe this as a "safe alternative" to opiates, when most have never tried the s**t they prescribe to their patients in the first place. If they actually took the time to truly research the things they won't prescribe when someone actually NEEDS something because they are in pain, maybe spent some time with all different sorts of people who take medication, maybe they would understand more. Hypocrites and quacks.

Tramadol also stimulates serotonin. If you are taking an antidepressant, be very careful with tramadol. The combination can cause serotonin syndrome. I have had that, and believe me you do not want it. I developed Parkinson's like hand tremors and ran around the house like a babbling idiot.