• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Official FIFA World Cup 2006 IS HERE!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barcelona 2 - Arsenal 1. A great game even with the sending off of Lehman, which to be honest should have been a yellow card with a goal given to Barcelona. Both teams gave it their best, which was great to see. Barcelona are the team I follow in La Liga and whilst Leeds are out of the Premiership I observe Arsenal with great admiration (I want to have Thierry Henry's babies, the fetus will just have to gestate in a box:)). So for me I was happy if the result went either way.

World cup is getting very close and I getting super excited with every passing day! But I need the help of someone, can someone PM me if they can translate German for me! I have an email from a company in Germany regarding a cancellation I made and they won't reply in English. I've tried using internet translators, but without much success.

o well, i guess someone had to create it... so i did

the 2006 Football World Cup Tipping Comp

Go to http://www.oztips.com.au

if you havent registered, REGISTER and then do the following

Join comp - Details below

Comp Name: Bluelight
Comp #: 75514
Comp Password: charlie

I have made it 1 point for picking a win and draw nothing for not picking... DUH

Spread the word, the more the merrier and we shall see who comes out the best!

why use oztips?? surely there is a better tipping comp thingy than that... eh... I'm in the process of joining anyway ;)

CB :)

So what's this game against Greece in aide of? An exhibition or warm-up game or something?
Anyone going?

It's a warm up friendly and also the official fairwell/sending off for the Socceroos.

There was also going to be a friendly match against Croatia, but that got canned as soon as we drew them in the group stages of the WC.

i just hope brazil doesn't win at all (yer right) so i don't have to see their vomit inducing "jesus loves you" undershirts.

Last edited:
Jesus... this almost disappeared off the front page...

15 days...

At least Brazil are playing they way Brazil should play again unlike a few tournaments ago.

A completely improbable Portugal versus Australia final will have me in a happy happy place :)

I think we'll just scrape it into the final 16 but doubtful we have the defence and finishing options to take it further.

It was good to see Skoko playing well the other night - he was everywhere and i remember really rating him in the games against argentina and then he essentially dissapeared from the setup.

I'm tryingto plan my watchign calendar as being in a new job turnign up late will not be viewed in a good way :\

^^ Do like me....turn up on time, then just bludge whenever you can during the day...oh, and coffee...

But yes, i'm planning my schedule too....can not wait :)

Let's bump this thread for you poor old Aussies given the upcoming friendly. :D

Raving Loony said:
I am expecting them to be there in the last eight and thats all, they are far weaker than eight years ago.

Agreed, compared to 74' or 98' we're not as strong, but we're on a winning spree now, we might just pull it off with some luck.

I'll be curled up in a ball crying when we loose to Australia though, I'm giving up all hope in that case.

This match against the Netherlands will be awesome, but we will be really up against it. The dutch aren't going to go soft on us.

Below is a photo of some of my travelling supporters gear. Less than 5 days to go! WOOT YEAH!
GandG_kangaroo.jpg

Kewell was a suprise in clusion in Australian side today to play the amatuer side in the Netherlands....scored 2 goals and came off well apparently....

Thoughts?

Raving Loony said:
The dutch aren't going to go soft on us.

LOL. Ofcourse not. Van Basten said he will probably play with his strongest 11, apart from van der Vaart, he's still injured, but Sneijder is a great replacement. Hiddink might pull off a stunt though, if there's anyone who knows how Holland is going to play, it's him. He'll probably try to put pressure on the midfield, forcing Holland to play on the counter. Not that this is going to work, but it's the one thing Holland has trouble with.

tnargus said:
Kewell was a suprise in clusion in Australian side today to play the amatuer side in the Netherlands....scored 2 goals and came off well apparently....

Thoughts?

He's not included in the squad against the dutch, which is disapointing. I don't think a job against an ametuer team really means that much, but it's nice to seem him running about because we need him. I hope he will be in the sort of form he was for liverpool near the EPL seasons end.

A very flattering score for the Aussies. Australia really showed how pants they are once they have to start using some of their second team players. Wilkshire and Sterjovski simply cannot play a part in any of the games in Germany, they are dreadful. I was actually glad to see Wilkshire get sent off, his tackles are a disgrace. I'll never forget the time he broke Jamie Carragher's leg, send the karnt back to lowly Bristol!

Viduka has lost all penalty taking rights for Australia, which is a pity cos I love the big man.

To the Netherlands, all the best. You showed that you are a truely a class side and that on any other day you would have put four past us.

Status
Not open for further replies.