• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Official A&E's "Intervention" Thread

yeah burl guy had to be real.... I knew so many people like him (including myself). He acted exactly like all the tweakers I've ever known....

Lingering Grin said:
Simple, they pay them to do it after the fact, or it's in their contract and unless they do it, they don't get paid. :)

It's REALLY easy to motivate people to do something.

if it was in their contract, then they would know about it beforehand unless they didn't read the contract. and i never said it was impossible to get them to do it after the fact, just kind of strange. having them spell their names is strange by itself but offering someone money to spell their name as they are leaving for rehab is just weird to me.

after thinking it over, i've come to the conclusion that they probably just make them spell their names at the beginning. intervention has gotten so popular now that lots and lots of drug addicts have heard of it/seen it sometime and i'd bet that if someone approached them wanting to do "a documentary on addiction" they would suspect it might be intervention. therefore, assuming the show is real and the people on it don't know, they would need to be people who don't watch much tv. for example, the producers of intervention could ask a family member whether they think the addict has seen/heard of intervention before and only go after addicts whose family claims they haven't seen it.

although, you could never really be sure they hadn't seen it without asking them. so no matter how you look at this, something is strange about it.

Lingering Grin said:
If you've never seen the show, right after they introduce someone they show that person sitting in front of the camera spelling their first name. It's like a tell-tale sign of the show.

We're saying that if these people have ever seen the show it would be pretty obvious that they are on it once they are asked to spell out their name.
maybe they ask them to spell their name after they do the intervention and then put it at the beginning of the show?

Last edited:
root said:
maybe they ask them to spell their name after they do the intervention and then put it at the beginning of the show?

that idea was already brought up.

dilated_pupils said:
I think you read StayinAwake wrong, he said it was the only one he thought was real. That episode I agree definitely seemed real, especially shooting up and such. Have you ever w/ded from opiates? It's horrible, and someone with a real bad habit, such as him, could easily be prone to being such an asshole.
She :)

Anyways, yes I have w/d'd from opiates and he looked to be really "addicted" to them. His face was really blank and his eyes had the look.

It always makes me sad to see the people that get kicked out of rehab for something stupid. These people are getting a free ride to a great treatment center and they still screw it up :(

I've been watching a few more episodes On Demand recently and I'm going to have to say I think its pretty real now. Sure, the editors picked and choosed what parts to show from hours and hours of film, but it all really happened I think. They just let the cameras roll.

I saw the episode where 2 brothers from TN who were into smoking crack (one guy was in a wheel chair) got put into rehab in Arizona and their roommates who they lived with in the rehab somehow decided to smoke crack for one night.

Anyway the rehab guy caught them because they left rocks on the table like out in plain view!

Those guys/their roommates weren't really crackheads. Seriously who leaves crack/base OUT in the open in rehab, or leaves it around unsmoked?

The whole scene just seemed fake and set up to me.

Lingering Grin yea I seen it I jus wasnt seein how it would give shit away but then i realized youre right...I jus wasnt really thinkin at the time that I said that...

Anyways I like this thread, lots of ppl makin some pretty good points....One of the better threads we had in here in a while IMO, n a nice change up from the usual topics :) Keep on postin peeps

It's ALL in the editing, folks.
Guy #1 says something vile and hateful about Guy #2 and the producers browse through the footage until they find a tiny scene where Guy #2 is looking REALLY pissed off and they splice it in to make it look like Guy #2 actually heard what was said.
They do this ALL THROUGH the footage until they have an episode that will keep the audience in their seats. (My sister-in-law was an accociate producer(gofer girl) for American Idol and she told some stories to us all here at home.)

This is definitely one of my favorite shows, set to record on the DVR. I watched one on the former PE teacher turned heroin addict, seemed completely real. The friend that she was shown hanging out/shoot up with died. That was moving.

But on the Chad episode! He smokes crack WITH MATCHES out of a rolled up diet coke can. Matches!?

PhrostByte said:
I definitely think it's real.

I think that it's real too but I did think it was weird how Chad didn't smoke crack correctly and what I wrote about before with the 2 brothers and their rehab roommates who just one night decided to smoke crack (like supposedly the night before the rehab director guy came to visit) leave it out on the table in plain view, not hide it or just put it away, and keep it around.

so what did everyone think about tonight's episode? looked real enough i guess. only thing i didn't like was when the nurse who was going to accompany him on the plane said she had vicodin for the withdrawal. what kind of nurse gives a hardcore heroin addict vicodin? you'd think they'd have something without APAP available at the very least, if not a longer acting opioid.

either way I stilll like it....even though it has taught me a lot about drug use that isn't exactly good...

Tonights episode was pretty good. Funny at the end when the doctor was saying "we got the meds... heh heh heh.. we got the meds." I thought that was funny.

I think its real. I think the way they dont know its the show intervention is because they probably say its for a different channel other than A&E.

Doesn't that 'chad' characters girlfriend plug her music career multiple times... i think she even drops the myspace. I remember looking it up when it first aired, i just forget her name now.

I think that episode is fake, and only that episode. It seems to me "chad' and his girl friend staged it, only the producer of the show and cameramen had no clue. Myabe to gear some attention towards her music career.

PlacentaJuan said:
I saw the episode where 2 brothers from TN who were into smoking crack (one guy was in a wheel chair) got put into rehab in Arizona and their roommates who they lived with in the rehab somehow decided to smoke crack for one night.

Anyway the rehab guy caught them because they left rocks on the table like out in plain view!

Those guys/their roommates weren't really crackheads. Seriously who leaves crack/base OUT in the open in rehab, or leaves it around unsmoked?

The whole scene just seemed fake and set up to me.

It was little pieces of Char Boy (spelling?). Those brillo pad like copper grill cleaners, the ones used to stuff inside a stem to smoke rock out of.

To me that seemed very realistic. They scored some crack, and smoked it. Got rid off all the evidence, but missed some small ass pieces of wire.