• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Official A&E's "Intervention" Thread

I remember the old boxer guy who looks like John Witherspoon n Tyrone Biggums fused; yeah he liked his rock cocaine.
That was a funny one.

My favorite was the guy who was on morphine I think it was and then later admitted to using meth but he was giving all his money to these scammers in Africa. And he was just so hilarious but I felt bad for him. He was like the president is going to come down and give me my money and shake my hand (African president).... that just cracked me up.

Yes!!! That one was hilarious, but I don't remember him admitting to being on meth so I guess I didn't watch it the whole way through. My favorite episode of all time is the one with the lady hooked on PCP. I just lost it when she started talking about her space boots.

Sebastian & Marcel, the soccer stars or something, I hardly believe that one was real, they wanted the attention.

Yes!!! That one was hilarious, but I don't remember him admitting to being on meth so I guess I didn't watch it the whole way through. My favorite episode of all time is the one with the lady hooked on PCP. I just lost it when she started talking about her space boots.

Yeah at the end when he was at rehab he admitted to using meth and his voice was so different as well.... but wow that one was just too hilarious. I watched it for a second time and it was just as funny as watching it the first time around lol

has anyone ever seen an episode where they DONT go to rehab? thats the fake part. cuz sometimes theres no follow up footage just them saying they will go and them in a car and either "oh theyre totally sober now" or "oh then they ran away from treatment the next day". ive known plenty of ppl who have told their families "ok, you cant accept who i am. goodbye."

has anyone ever seen an episode where they DONT go to rehab? thats the fake part. cuz sometimes theres no follow up footage just them saying they will go and them in a car and either "oh theyre totally sober now" or "oh then they ran away from treatment the next day". ive known plenty of ppl who have told their families "ok, you cant accept who i am. goodbye."

yeah I seen some episodes where they didn't go but I really can't remember like them exactly but I know most of the time the family takes them back and everything even though they said they wouldn't. Also a lot of people have left treatment early and it just like their family member or spouse brought them a flight home.

I saw one where the dude was adopted into a family and was doing heroin. He went to treatment and shit but then they were like he left 6 months later against staffs advice. I was thinking 6 months in rehab no shit he left who could put up with that bullshit for 6 months?

Yea intervention is real Angelina is my best friends sister (he was on the show too at the intervention) she's doing great now btw so the show saved her life. Also, in Ang's case, and I think in most of these people's cases since the show is very popular and well known, she basically knew that it was Intervention when her family was asking her if she wanted to be on a show about addiction and she went on anyway. She actually asked my advice on whether or not to do the show and I stupidly told her no. Some advice I give huh.

Did anyone see the episode with the girl, Allison I think was her name, who was addicted to inhalants? I don't even think I have to say anything about that episode, but I don't think it was fake... just crazy.

Did anyone see the episode with the girl, Allison I think was her name, who was addicted to inhalants? I don't even think I have to say anything about that episode, but I don't think it was fake... just crazy.

Yea that shit was crazy, she was doing well in med school I think...then this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzAEnlY9OF4
No doubt the best and most entertaining episode

You gotta check the autotune version of The Best Cry Ever, no matter what you do today - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_rE0RzrFY8&feature=related
Or maybe the Slayer version if you ain't into T-Painin' it - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbNyO2eti2c&feature=related

I think this episode gets mentioned a lot. My sorority and I watched it and they kept rewinding to that scream of hers...we're all going to hell I know :) But yeah, that episode is nuts.

the best is they made fun of that on southpark with towlie :)

Official A&Es "Intervention" Thread

Mod Note: I edited the title of this thread to include all discussion about the Intervention TV series, since that is what the thread had pretty much become anyway.

does anyone remember one where this girl was addicted to IV roxies and she managed a massage parlour that her 50 year old boyfriend owned? her whole family hated the boyfriend, and he actually wanted to marry her, but she stopped wearing her engagement ring in rehab or something...

then there was one with this blonde girl who was addicted to meth and had a bunch of charges against her for forging checks. she went to rehab and got fat.

I think it is real. However anyone who is being filmed is certainly going to ham it up a bit for the camera which would make it seem kinda fake.

It's definitely real. My boyfriend's Mom was living with a woman who was real bad off addiction wise...at the point of death basically. His Mom actually filled out all the stuff with Intervention, and we had the producers calling and emailing my boyfriend about it. They stressed keeping it a secret from the woman who had the addiction problem. Ultimately the way they wanted us to set it up...the information they gave us about getting her onboard and stuff...it would have never worked. She would have never agreed to be in "a documentary about addiction", especially with the information they told us to give her. It was just obviously Intervention. Also, my boyfriend was terrified that by being involved it would become a double intervention on her and him (even though this was years ago at the beginning of our addiction problems so things weren't that bad off yet).

I definitely think it's real though from talking to the producers and trying to set one up.

Last edited:
APAP on Intervention

This may not belong here, move it to Drugs/Media if need be.

Anyways... I just watched an episode of Intervention where they say this woman is doing up to 50 percs a day and has been abusing them for 5 years.

Just by looking on Wikipedia, the smallest amount of APAP in them per pill is 325mg? And it's probably between 250mg and 375mg of oxycodone she would be doing per day, which could certainly be possible.

But 16,000mg of APAP per day? Really?

Not that this show is at all known for being well-informed, but it almost seems criminal to suggest that someone could take up to 16,000mg of APAP per day and not have their liver turn to dust, right?

Of course the episode also doesn't mention any danger from ingesting too much APAP...

Obviously this show puts forth ridiculous misinformation sometimes, but I guess I'm just kind of shocked they would (in a way) suggest that doing that much APAP is possible without doing serious damage. Is it possible this woman is somehow able to withstand doing ~16,000mg of APAP per day?

Wikipedia also says there are 400 deaths a year from APAP overdose. Aren't there probably more than 400 people per year using tons of percs everyday with no CWE? I guess it's a slow death, and their liver will fall apart very prematurely...

BTW, I know I have good sources... Wikipedia and Intervention :|