• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Official A&E's "Intervention" Thread

Yeah, it's real. I went to high school with a kid that was featured. He is very much a legit meth head.
As far as favorite episode; It's a toss up between the duster bitch, and the alcoholic/tweaker stripper that would wander around her derelict apartment naked.

Cristy was without a doubt the craziest episode I've watched. Most episodes really touch my heart, but she was just too insane to have much compassion for. I really felt bad for her dad, though.

I always wonder how these people (especially the ones that relapse) feel about watching themselves act so selfishly. You'd think that seeing yourself fighting with your sister in your front yard naked would be the wake-up call you'd need to get sober... :\

I cannot watch the episode with the mom who was addicted to pain meds. She had that sweet, little boy who found her unconscious once. When he's in tears saying, "I don't want my mom to die", I absolutely lose it. Enough to rip your heart out.

i just saw this one where the drunk mom fell and was passed out on the front lawn
the crew did nothing to help her, and instead filmed the boy riding his rollerblades by his mom on the sidewalk, with her just lying there

made it feel very staged, like they just left her there for the ratings

It's supposed to be a way to keep the integrity of the "documentary" part ...if they were to move her, THEN people can claim the production team staged something etc.

I'm watching Gone Too Far with DJ AM, and, I wasn't expecting it, but it is a lot more poignant that Intervention IMO. Maybe cause they are all interventions on young adults to I can relate, or maybe it's cause I am watching this in recovery, not active addiction, but I really this this show is good.

Do you think they make the "contestant" sign release forms before going to rehab?

Because if that was me - I wouldn't sign them.

I would get the free rehab, clean up - and then NOT sign the papers. Fuck that, I reckon being on such a show could have devastating effects on your future. It would only take one person at your new job to recognise you - which they could then confirm in a few seconds using youtube.

Like that guy....I forget his name - the one that was addicted to DXM. Theres no way anyone that remembers his face is going to hire him..

mannn one day my dad was channel surfing and i was on the computer and that show flipped right when someone said my name on the TV and I was like wtf? and I watched it for a sec and the dude was going to a psych ward cuz he was tripping BAWWLLLZZZ... scared the shit outta me cuz psychedelics are my fav and i was like dammmnnn change the channel quick!

For everyone saying that spelling out your name gives it away as being fake... it's called editing. They probably spell out their name and shit after everythings already filmed

If you saw the intervention with the girl who was doing ten cans of computer duster a day you wouldnt think it was staged. That girl was looong gone, no chance of getting her to follow a set up.

i saw that one the other night. she was so fucked up.
that part showing her slicing her arm open was actually hard to watch.

Oh yeah, forgot about that. They definitely get behind those closed doors.

Duster bitch is by far the best. Everytime I say, "It feels like I'm walkin on sunshine!" I bust out laughing like an idiot.

Duster bitch is by far the best. Everytime I say, "It feels like I'm walkin on sunshine!" I bust out laughing like an idiot.
Lol! She was a total trip. I love when the cops pounce on her and she starts flailing that useless body of hers around.

Faaaaaake!!! The families dont even look alike. The family is from Boston and two siblings have an accent and the other one doesn't?? Lol ummm... It's way too dramatic but they are decent actors foe unknowns.

I find it quite odd that someone would consider "being in a documentary about addiction", as the opening credits say, but I have no real reason to suspect it's fake.
Although I have not seen an extensive amount of episodes.

It's not staged. I was in rehab with one of the kids on the show. They actually came to the rehab to do a little filming.