• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Official 2013 NBA Thread vers. flippity floppity

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel that the officiating in the playoffs has been 100% pure bs. The phantom calls and Harden, the lack of 3 second calls on Indiana, etc. etc. etc.

I've watched so many games this season and it has really struck me how the nature of the game has suddenly changed in the playoffs. All it takes is the refs to protect the bigs of a team and put the other team's bigs into foul trouble and the game is over.

Or simply not call fouls on the defenders when a team attacks the rim and you punish them for trying the take the game into the lane - force them to move to jump shots and then the defenders take all the rebounds.

Granted its only the 3rd playoffs I've ever watched but it seems to me as being rigged.

look at game 4 and 5 in the celtics 76ers series. game 4, sixers take twice as many foul shots, win. game 5, celtics take twice as many foul shots, win. both on home court. fucking ridiculous.

home court advantage includes favorable refs. That's just part of the game.

I do wish they'd stop calling so many off-the-ball fouls. What would the game be like if moving screens were allowed and rebounds were like football tip drills? Probably much better.

I've also never been a fan of offensive interference rules.

I'm rooting for Miami all the way. I think the finals will be Heat @ Spurs, which makes rooting for Miami hard. The Spurs are experienced and have great team chemistry.

yeah rooting against a team that has been superior for the past 14 years is really hard to do

more like NBA Fagoffs. all lebron james has to do is fall to the ground and refs will call a foul.

I still want to see a Heat / Thunder finals. LeBron vs Durant would be great viewing

also Im thinking the Celtics close out the Sixers tonight

that Dexter Pittman elbow to the collar bone is one of the dirtiest basketball plays I've ever seen.

lol Isaiah Thomas said this morning that Pittman was simply boxing Stephenson out.

Tyler Hansbrough is such a clutz.

TNT is considering upgrading game 6 to pay-per-view.

Bill Laimbeer reportedly will sign a 1 game contract with Miami if Haslem is suspended, citing: "Basketball hasn't changed much since I retired, I still got some cheap shots left in me to dish out."

Bill Laimbeer reportedly will sign a 1 game contract with Miami if Haslem is suspended, citing: "Basketball hasn't changed much since I retired, I still got some cheap shots left in me to dish out."

^^fucking awesome. i love him so much. i grew up a pistons fan, mainly because joe dumars is my favorite player of all time. he is the only person that could successfully guard jordan. i was #4 every year i played ball.

in other news....how about all this bullshit down in orlando? there is no other professional sports league that i know of that would allow some cunt ass player to determine the future of the coach and front office for an entire team. so fucking lame. if i'm the owner of the magic, i tell dwight howard to pack his shit and get the fuck away. what a bitch move.

in other news....how about all this bullshit down in orlando? there is no other professional sports league that i know of that would allow some cunt ass player to determine the future of the coach and front office for an entire team. so fucking lame. if i'm the owner of the magic, i tell dwight howard to pack his shit and get the fuck away. what a bitch move.

I concur.

Dwight Howard will probably go to Brooklyn to play with Deron Williams

DWadex-large.jpg

but he was in god mode tonight

in games, I hate it when Haslem starts hitting any and every shot out of nowhere... I much prefer it when he tries to build a church with all of his bricks

Tonight was the first public sighting of Chris Bosh in 2 weeks. Did anyone else notice how doped up he looked?

He was like that the whole game.

enjoying his rehab a little too much

Status
Not open for further replies.