• NY Giants

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • NE Pats

Votes: 7 63.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is we have many players that had great years and are now free agents. Carlos Rodgers and Dashon Goldson combined for 12 ints last season and really shored up our secondary which was extremely weak the year before. Now theyre both pro bowler free agent DB's.... quite a hot commodity. I'd like to think that it was the 49ers system that turned the from no-namers to studs in a one year but they probably dont see it that way and will be fishing for big contracts. As much as I wish the 49ers were like the Yankees and could just buy a great team I realize, and am glad that, the NFL has salary caps and we cant have everything.

Plus we really need some help at WR too, something we cannot ignore.

But I do agree that if a healthy manning was at the helm last year for the 49ers they would have been unstoppable.

Rams deal 2nd pick to redskins to their immense profit.

Shannahan going all in on RGIII.

Im always skeptical of players that have one breakout year, but RGIII was quite the sensation. It will be interesting to see how this pays out in the long run for both teams. Definitely a solid move for the rams on paper unless RGIII goes all Cam Newton on us.

The NFL is moving even more towards a QB driven league. Top 2 picks this year will without a doubt be QB's.

there once was a man named cortland finnegan he had hair on his chin chin chinagin, he cut it off but it grew in again, poor ol' cortland finnegan

i like that signing, i think he's a good lockdown cb, he surely got andre johnson frustrated...

i used to hate him like everyone else in the world, but i'll welcome in any solid talent

maybe mike wallace to stl if they don't resign lloyd? that would be sick

shiiiit, I hope Mike Wallace stays right in the Burgh where he needs to be. my heart is telling me this, but also my head - the Steelers let some veteran talent go to finally free up some much-needed cap space (Ward at WR, Farrior at IL, and that beast white dude at DE)

re: Cortland Finnegan - I like his style, and I think it kinda sucks that the only thing we remember him for was that epic fistfight he had a couple years back against who was it? Andre Johnson?

nfl_a_ajohnson_cfinnegan_dj_300.jpg

but Finnegan is a GREAT shut down CB. in my book, he falls into one of those type of players that a fan hates to see his team go against, but would love to have him on their OWN team ;)

I wouldnt say Finnegan is a "shut down" corner, but he is pretty good. A bit mouthy, but that is the NFL today.

Eagles resigned DeSean Jackson to a 5 year deal. Kind of wish they just traded him for draft picks, sign a WR from Free Agency (tons of good ones out there), and resigned LaSean McCoy to a long-term deal. McCoy is the truth, Brian Westbrook 2.0, and Id say hes a better pure runner that Westbrook.

Now if they dont draft like fucking idiots, Asomugh pulls his head out of his ass, and Vick doesn't get hurt every other game, we can make some noise.

Eagles Need: Linebackers (Outside and Middle), Backup QB that isnt horrible, and a Strong Safety. Should have resigned Quinten Mikell, I should be a fucking GM

Mandy Ross to the 49ers. Lets see if he can untwist his panties and be productive for us.

Overall im really exited about the 49ers moves in free agency. Locking up Carlos Rodgers and Dashon Goldson while still having more money to pay with is a win in my book. Thank you Carlos for staying true to your word and giving us a home team discount. Hopefully they match or improve upon their play from last year.

Our defense and special teams will still have all the major pieces it did last year, now lets see if Baalke and Harbaugh can piece together a productive offense to go with it. If they can Ill be making no secrets about my hopes for a ring next year.

Josh Morgan is the only player im regretting they let go, but honestly he is nothing too special and can be replaced.

at this point rams are looking at trent richardson with their 6th pick

nothing wrong with replacing stephen jackson with another stephen jackson

all i know is jackson can not be an everydown back anymore, he's been a horse too long, i think id rather have 2 really good rbs than have two good wrs

still though i love justin blackmon, regardless of where he ends up

Manning works out for 49ers.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...for-49ers-harbaugh?module=HP11_headline_stack

The more I think about it the more sense it makes for Manning to go to the 49ers. I think his main goal is to prove to everyone that he's still got it and win another ring so he can be tied with Eli (sounds weird saying that). Im pretty sure that money isn't as important to him as it is to some players, dude makes tons of money from non football stuff. The 49ers have an estimated 23mil left in salary cap space and as of writing this have not signed Alex Smith. That leaves 18 mil a year for manning and 5 mil left over to play with. He wants to be on a winning team, and the 49ers have all the pieces they need to be great, except a quarterback. Manning could make them arguably the most complete team in the league.

While injury risk is a serious issue with Manning, I think he is worth it. Until last season hehad never missed a game.

If the 49ers somehow ended up with Manning I would probably cream my pants.

At the same time if they don't, and end up with Alex Smith for three more years..... I still think they will have a great team, but their ceiling would be so high if they had top tier QB.

Last edited:
yeah man I saw that Manning was gaining interest in the 49ers. it makes tons of sense, the NFC West would be one of the quickest routes to the Super Bowl. I think a major con for Manning is still that that team is in the NFC - he has been noted to say that he doesn't want to face the Giants and his bro in any game besides the SB (within reason, I'm sure)

that being said, you would be one LUCKY mo fo if Manning does fall into your lap. as we discussed before, Manning + that 49ers defense would be a scary thing!!

Indeed.

I cant express enough how happy I am with the moves of our FO this off season. Great team management all around. I am so glad Jed York hired Baalke as GM last year it has made all the difference.

Care, how are you liking the 49ers signing of Mario Manningham? I was a fan, but his hands aren't that good so he has had a lot of dropped passes, but that was overlooked by everyone after his big super bowl catch. I'm sure it was done in part to attract Peyton Manning a bit more. Manningham needs a good QB throwing to him because he really can't make many plays on his own since he is not very physical, so he needs to use his speed and have a good QB that can hit him in stride.

I've known a lot of Mario Manningham since his days in college at Bichigan. he was good back then, but I think he really has dropped down to a team's 2nd or 3rd option as a wide out... ok move I say, not great though

Pretty happy with Moss/Crabtree/Manningham as our WR corp and Davis/Walker at tight end. Should be no excuses for not putting up passing #'s this year. I hope they didn't overpay him. I was hoping they would steal Wallace from the Steelers.

Looks like Smith is considering taking his talents to south beach.

Last edited:
rams were considering manningham

glad they didn't

but shit they better do something about their WR situation, with lloyd leaving town

mike wallace and or justin blackmon would be awesome

i think you're going to regret the moss pickup, care.

God my team is just laying there— need to cut some more dead weight on the D and O lines.

The thing I had liked about the 49ers last season was that they were a young team that had relied on good coaching and the development of the players that they had drafted. They could have won the super bowl with that team if a couple more bounces went their way, so I don't like how they are now flipping the script and now trying to buy a ring. I say let Alex Smith play with the new receivers they signed. Bringing in Peyton would be such a short term fix for a team that is built for the long run.

Yeah but Tommy in such a QB driven league do you really think they will win one with Alex Smith? The QB is so important to the NFL now that defense is constantly belittled, you cant rely on your defense any more. The NFL is shifting to a pass-happy, high scoring league and you need a top-flight QB to win. Look at the past couple QBs who won Super Bowls.

Eli Manning, Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, Ben Roethlisberger, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady.

would you put Alex Smith in that category?

Status
Not open for further replies.