• NY Giants

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • NE Pats

Votes: 7 63.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
^ due to living in Ohio and putting up with Browns + Bengals fans on the reg, I have heard that accolade of his repeated the most! when it comes down to it, most fans of the game say that - but then again, most fans of the game wished that Hines Ward was on their team!!

hines-ward-2.jpeg

cheers to one of my all-time favorite players in the league. you would be hard-pressed to find a nicer guy, and he also doubles as the face of the United States's representation of all African American/Koreans!

sad to say, the NFL and the Rooneys are all about business. when a player says that he will restructure the heels of his contract, for less pay, it's a good thing but it usually ends in your team cutting said player :(

I agree completely with you on this one Axl. Hines Ward has been great to watch even when he was in college at Georgia. Yea i even remember that far back. But everything you've said a couple posts up is true.

thanks bro, I'm trying not to geek out all over my own forum's NFL thread, but Hines Ward is one of my all-time faves

yeah, I definitely became a Ward fan during his years playing at UGA. that's why I kinda pull for the Dawgs in the SEC. Hines Ward was one of the most complete, fun-to-watch college players of all-time. I constantly watch youtube clips of his days manning the helm as QB, for Georgia, back in the day...

NFL clarifying rules on trading penalty yards for time

Looks like the league is thinking about changing the rules here.

INDIANAPOLIS – The NFL competition committee is expected to come up with a clarification of what game officials can do to prevent what former coach Buddy Ryan was once famously punished for doing more than 20 years ago.

After the New York Giants were penalized for having 12 players on the field in the closing seconds of their Super Bowl XLVI victory over the New England Patriots, many fans and critics wondered if teams would take advantage of the rule in end-game situations. Can the league prevent teams from using extra defenders with only the risk of a 5-yard penalty when clock time is more valuable than yards?
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-cole_nfl_rules_committee_buddy_ryan_patriots_giants022212

Shouldn't that be "You WERE my favourite Steeler"

Bye Hines. Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out!

what if Hines went to the Ravens? what would that do to our rivalry?

AND Keith Rivers breathes a HUGE sigh of relief! ;)

ward918.jpg

Haha come to the dark side Hines. I would pay a lot of money to see Hines Ward catch a pass in the endzone at Heinz Field. Maybe he could teach Lee Evans how to complete a catch. Ugghhhhh

I'm sure he'll be hurting right now but also pretty sure he won't want anything to do with the AFC North

wow even before the news today i thought saints were going downhill with a great chance of them losing both carl nicks and marques colston. Now this:

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports that the Saints are in danger of NFL discipline after maintaining a "bounty program" to take opposing offensive players out of games under former defensive coordinator Gregg Williams.
Per Schefter, the NFL's investigation began in 2010, when Williams' defense began targeting Brett Favre and Kurt Warner. Between 22 and 27 Saints defenders were allegedly involved, as well as at least one defensive assistant. The league has reportedly reviewed 18,000 documents totaling more than 50,000 pages. New Orleans' discipline may lead to fines, suspensions, and draft-pick forfeiture. Williams is now defensive coordinator for the Rams.

The Saints' 2009-2011 "bounty" program under ex-defensive coordinator Gregg Williams is being characterized by the NFL as a "pay for performance" plan that awarded defenders $1,500 for "knockouts" and $1,000 for offensive players the opposing team was forced to cart off the field.
The Saints would often target a particular player, which reminds of Williams' comments to inflict "remember-me shots" on Brett Favre and Peyton Manning in 2009 and 2010. Players "regularly" put money into a cash pool and received payments when they successfully injured opponents. New Orleans is already without a 2012 first-round pick, so the NFL could begin taking away additional draft choices this year and a first-rounder in 2013. Expect discipline to be harsh. It will be discussed further at the league's meetings in March.

According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, the NFL has determined that MLB Jonathan Vilma was one of the primary culprits in the Saints' "pay for performance" bounty program that will result in NFL discipline.
"In the week of the NFC Championship Game," Schefter said on NFL Live Friday, "Saints linebacker Jonathan Vilma put $10,000 in cash on a table and said 'this goes to the guy that knocks out Brett Favre.'" Those weren't Vilma's exact words, but they were similar, according to Schefter, and he's sure to be atop the league's target list for impending discipline. It's worth nothing that Vilma is due $5.4 million in 2012 and has been discussed as a possible salary cap casualty. We wouldn't expect him back with the Saints.

this really sucks for the rams because i can see Gregg Williams suspended for the entire season

Well im not exactly shocked that that type of thing is going on in the NFL, I would expect the Saints arent the only team with a system that rewards players in some way for laying down big hits. Maybe this partially explains why they had so many turnovers in the past with their turnover creating defense.

I really havent seen many highlights of Saints players making what I consider dirty hits. Duanta Robinson, Ndamakung Suh, Brandon Meriweather.... those are the guys that seem like they got contracts out on other players sometimes.

I think as long as they have Brees and their o-line they will be fine. Maybe not so much down the road when the draft picks start to take more effect a brees gets older, but for the next 2 seasons or so I dont think it will effect them too much.

Heres just a couple i remember of the top of my head that were obviously intentional. The NFC championship game where they were doing late hit after late hit on brett favre was gross to watch there is no way the refs missed it. video 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mt-Gvj3eer0&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6i1tkbcxIno&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJ7ZWkxIhOg&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CC1mpi7hIM&feature=player_embedded

Most of those hits seemed legal to me. Thanks for reminding me about that hit on Warner though..... probably ended his career as well as the super elite caliber career of Larry Fitzgerald and the hopes of Cardinals fans for the last few years.

1st video hit steve smith after he was scored the TD.
2nd hitting brett favre after the play
3rd cheap low shot on steve smith
4th ended warners career with cheap shot

the NFL is disciplining the Saints for a bounty?

shit the Baltimore Ravens have peacocked their bounty on Pittsburgh Steelers players throughout their rivalry

remember Rashard Mendenhall's rookie season where a Ravens defender ended his stellar season with a broken arm? admitted bounty

the NFL is disciplining the Saints for a bounty?

shit the Baltimore Ravens have peacocked their bounty on Pittsburgh Steelers players throughout their rivalry

remember Rashard Mendenhall's rookie season where a Ravens defender ended his stellar season with a broken arm? admitted bounty
axl, i totally understand the whole macho football play-hard thing but you honestly think it's acceptable for a team to financially reward players for intentionally injuring opposing players?

alasdair

Status
Not open for further replies.