• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Nylon Microfilters

DroneLore

Bluelighter
I ordered some microfilters, but I wasn't paying attention to the material type. They are nylon, 25mm, 0.2um. Can these still be used for filters aqueous solutions?

Nylon is usually what the body of the filter is made of. The most important factor is whether it is Hydophobic (bad) or Hydrophillic (good). The most common Hydrophillic filtering mediums are PES -Poly Ether Sulfone, Polyvinylidene fluoride and Cellulose acetate. If you don't plan on using a pre filter which can even include a syringe tightly packed with cotton or filter paper and cotton, then Whatman micron filters are your best bet as they have a glass fiber pre-filter built in that makes them more expensive but also higher on longevity vs the multitudes of much cheaper filters. Remember to get the benefit of bacterial removal from your filter it needs to be 0.22 microns.

Nylon is usually what the body of the filter is made of. The most important factor is whether it is Hydophobic (bad) or Hydrophillic (good). The most common Hydrophillic filtering mediums are PES -Poly Ether Sulfone, Polyvinylidene fluoride and Cellulose acetate. If you don't plan on using a pre filter which can even include a syringe tightly packed with cotton or filter paper and cotton, then Whatman micron filters are your best bet as they have a glass fiber pre-filter built in that makes them more expensive but also higher on longevity vs the multitudes of much cheaper filters. Remember to get the benefit of bacterial removal from your filter it needs to be 0.22 microns.

Thanks for the response. This is what I got:
"Product Description
Sterile Syringe Filter, Nylon, 25mm diameter, 0.2um, Individually Packaged, 10/pk (Scientific Strategies # FPA250020-S-10PK)

Nylon membranes are both hydrophilic and resistant to many solvents and alkaline solutions

25mm Diameter

Polypropylene Housing

0.2 micron filtration membrane

Luer lock inlet connection"

It says they are hydrophilic. So I should be good to go?

Yep, your all set. I've used the same ones and they are not bad for the money. Be careful when they start to clog as some will have the membranes burst easier than others in the same batch. If all of a sudden the resistance just disappears it would be a good idea to switch to a new filter and run your sample again. I can't stress pre-filters enough for getting 2-3 times the longevity out of anything 0.45 and smaller.

I recently bought Rotilabo Nylon 0,2 (μm) micron Filters, they are ok for their price i only paid 38€ for a 100 pack with shipping from ebay. I regret now that i have so long not used micron filters. Even street heroin is so cloudy if not micron filtered, it is disgusting. I mostly use them on 200mg substitol (morphine sulphate). I prefere the millex gp filter 0.22, but they are much more expensive (prohibitively expensive in my opinion).

I recently bought Rotilabo Nylon 0,2 (μm) micron Filters, they are ok for their price i only paid 38€ for a 100 pack with shipping from ebay. I regret now that i have so long not used micron filters. Even street heroin is so cloudy if not micron filtered, it is disgusting. I mostly use them on 200mg substitol (morphine sulphate). I prefere the millex gp filter 0.22, but they are much more expensive (prohibitively expensive in my opinion).
Hi,I bet you are from Austria too.
Do you cool your substitol first or not heat it?
I swallow mine cause have seen bad amputations because of those. You do H too? Carefull with that shit they sell in the Subway, you know what i mean if from Vienna. It gets you high but has some weird shit that solidifies in syringe no matter how many times filtered with sterifilt. Was wondering if a 0.2micron wheelfilter gets that shit OUT but its liquid clear and i am afraid it will go through a micron filter and THEN solidify. Have you seen that shit?
Any ideas?