View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Miscellaneous Nutmeg

Drug_Head

Bluelighter
What's your personal experience and opinion with this (in my opinion, under-rated) drug?

A carcinogenic toxin, whats there not to love?

If I want nutmeg, I'll have to drive to the supermarket, buy a packet and drive back.

If I use the Internet the way God intended it, any drug legal or illegal will be shipped to my house.

Decent drugs - the lazy man's nutmeg.

I wrote a speech on the hallucinogenic effects of nutmeg for my oral communications class freshmen year in college.

It contains myristicin and safrole, the latter used to synthesize MDMA. But yea, sassafras and safrole are know to be toxic. I tried to ingest enough nutmeg to trip, but I only got about ten grams in and quit. My friends did it and looked good.

Purely in theory only, You're better off converting the 1% safrole in nutmeg to MDMA.

I enjoyed it at about 14, I'll admit. But it's terrible for you and had a two day hangover. Even if you don't get the latter it's still objectively bad for you.

Fack... forgot how unhealthy this drug is... :p For some reason, though, I don't seem to get the hangovers.
But kinda doubt that it can be much worse health-wize than alchohol...

Last edited:
What's your personal experience and opinion with this (in my opinion, under-rated) drug?

The most fuckin horrendous experience of my life.

Ate 2oz of powdered nutmeg with a spoon. That was an ordeal in itself.

Felt nothing that night. Woke up the next morning with the worst whitey you can imagine. Spent the next 24 hours vomiting and holding onto the ground because it was trying to throw me off.

Never again..

Is the rationale for nutmeg toxicity the carcinogenicity of myristicin with its terminal alkene, or is it because it makes you feel really bad? I would be surprised and disappointed if anybody ever did enough nutmeg to increase their cancer risk.

I kind of feel like nutmeg gets a bad rap because of its lack of good effects. Tried a couple of times when young and interested in plant compounds. Impressive duration, very red eyes, some of the spacieness and paranoia of weed but lacking any profound euphoria.

I feel like there is a lack of hard data wrt how it works. As far as I know there is only speculation on the mechanism. Is this still true?

I enjoyed it at about 14, I'll admit. But it's terrible for you and had a two day hangover. Even if you don't get the latter it's still objectively bad for you.
I think I tried it at 14 or 15. I had read about it in naked lunch, I mixed a teaspoon or two into Pepsi and drank it. Not much happened except maybe colors became brighter, and it did not taste good.

Apparently according to a South Asian friend, it works best if you use fresh whole nutmeg-I used very old powdered nutmeg from my parents' spice cabinet-and that too much nutmeg makes a person sleepy and their eyes turn red.

I knew kids in highschool who instead of smoking marijuana or getting drunk which their parents would easily be able to tell they were stoned or drunk, would take enough nutmeg to get fucked up for an entire weekend.

A carcinogenic toxin, whats there not to love?

If I want nutmeg, I'll have to drive to the supermarket, buy a packet and drive back.

If I use the Internet the way God intended it, any drug legal or illegal will be shipped to my house.

Decent drugs - the lazy man's nutmeg.
Do you or your relatives ever bake or buy kruidnoten biscuits that have nutmeg and all of the spices in them?

I have made them for family and friends and when my friend I mentioned in another reply ate them and tasted the speculaas spice blend with nutmeg and mace she said, 'too much nutmeg and mace get you high. You will feel sleepy or drunk!' But it is not as though I used super large quantities of nutmeg and mace, and while it is tempting to eat a lot of the biscuits or cookies daily I just eat them in moderation with coffee.

I ate most of a bottle of nutmeg when I was young. I did not get high. I simply felt like shit for 16 hours.

That stuff is horrible for you, too. I'm not saying you CANT get high off it, I'm just saying its not worth it to attempt. It's like loperamide.

Malcolm x used it in prison - i think its more something you take when the only thing in your life you have to look forward to is being forced to wash the underpants of the big bloke in the cell next door to his satisfaction.