Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Numbness in left side of neck after slamming/injecting meth

LeXiJaXx

Greenlighter
So we’re in Vegas at the MGM, there 4 of us partying for a week. We have lots of party favors.

My GF wanted to dive in head first to some hardcore experimentation.

She’s new to the world of stimulants so we gave her pipe and some meth and taught her how to use it and she got a short term rush and she was happy with that for a couple of hours… this was the first night and we’re all pretty spun already, two hours into it…

Then we pull that booty bumping idea…hooked her up with that, and she said she had an even smaller effect with that and we were scratching our heads…

We waited like two hours. Had her lay back on the bed and we hit her with 45cc in the arm. She waited like two seconds and said “how long does it take to kick in?” There were three other people spun up on the same dope so we decided to hit her again with 90cc… and mixed that shit up real thick… she laid back on the bed, we went through the same vein she sits up… I COULD TOTALLY TELL IT HAD NO EFFECT ON HER!!

So we just gave her the damn pipe back!!! lol!!

Ok… this brings me to yesterday, The second time she slammed meth. She had been hitting the pipe getting a few nice rushes here and there…. Again we started with 45cc in her left arm…AND NOTHING… She didn’t break a sweat. She didn’t get a rush, no experience of euphoria, she wasn’t high, no real head change. Now I know this is good shit because I’m spun of my ass at this point… all of us had been doing the same amount… and we all twacked out talking a mile a minute…and she’s the hitting the pipe… looking for the high that we got going on…

Now this is when things got real… My brother talks her into slamming into the left side of her neck… she agrees, she has no fucking clue what it’s all about … So he mixes up a vile of 90cc of the thick shit pulls back the syringe, hits no problem… There was no burn, bruise, redness, rush or high, he did hit an artery or a nerve. AND NO !!NOTHING!!!!

The next morning here there was a patch of her neck that was numb and kind of sore…. No marks, redness or swelling…Is it permanent? Or is this just going to dissipate as the drug works it way out of her system?

What does everybody think?
Has anyone experienced this firsthand?

Isn't there less of a rush or high when injecting after using? Methamphetamine has a super long duration, it was definitely still having an effect if she was getting injections 1-2hr after smoking and likely wouldn't feel a rush, just a continuation of effects

@someguyontheinternet

The rush from injecting meth is lesser (but different) to smoking meth.
The rush is cleaner. Smoking is dirty. I prefer injecting.
Smoking meth leads me to psychosis MUCH faster.

I can inject meth for a week and not go deep in psychosis, without sleeping.
Whereas one night of hitting the pipe will get me there.

The euphoria is greater, but at what cost?

Nobody should inject or smoke meth.

I'm not sure if what I'm saying above is in alignment with harm reduction. It's just my experience.
Smoking meth would have been worse for me, I think.
For some people - most people? - injecting is worse.

@LeXiJaXx

Don't ever stand by and let anyone (your brother included) inject street drugs into a young inexperienced girl's neck.

Injecting meth into your arm is stupid. I did it for 15 years. I know.

Injecting it into your neck is insane.

This is not a path towards joy. It only leads to shit.

It's not cool... at all.

Wait - 45cc? 90cc? Do you mean mg? Because believe me, any syringe that will hold 90cc of a solution is going to be HUGE.

I don't think normal pins will even fit on them as they are only used for slow infusions via bolus and cannula.

That guy from 'The Momas and the Papas' actually had a cannula fitted to make is frequent IV drug usage less destructive to his body... but outside of a hospital, they are a liability as they won't be kept under aseptic conditions.

Isn't there less of a rush or high when injecting after using? Methamphetamine has a super long duration, it was definitely still having an effect if she was getting injections 1-2hr after smoking and likely wouldn't feel a rush, just a continuation of effects
When I used to bang meth, it had to be without me being high on it or too burnt out . Then I knew I could get two decent rushes and one small one. Any more injected after that just made me higher, no rush. I've never smoked meth.
My habit was to not use during the work week and then bang three times Friday night, getting three rushes. My brain had to (partially) recover to get a rush. I once tried 5, 15 mg Desoxyn completely extracted on a Saturday after a Friday night binge... no rush.
Maybe this girl thinks of the rush as the effect.

A methamphetamine vaccine is under development. It essentially teaches the immune system to recognize methamphetamine as a toxin and to remove it:

It's possible that some people might naturally acquire such an antigen. It wouldn't stop the rush, but it would remove methamphetamine from the body quickly - I don't know HOW quickly, but that is one possibiity.

Another is amphetamine and methamphetamine are both transported into and out of the brain via the VMAT2 transporters and interestingly, amphetamine isn't transported in the same manner. So someone's body might be able to transport the cathacolamines vital to life but not transport methamphetamine very well.

The second might better explain why smoking produced some effect but other ROAs no effect - when smoked, passive transport would be sufficient to produce an effect.

For every drug their will be a minority of people for who the drug doesn't work. Doctors use the term 'idiopathic' which just means 'unexplained' but their are a couple of logical and practical explainations.

A methamphetamine vaccine is under development. It essentially teaches the immune system to recognize methamphetamine as a toxin and to remove it:

It's possible that some people might naturally acquire such an antigen. It wouldn't stop the rush, but it would remove methamphetamine from the body quickly - I don't know HOW quickly, but that is one possibiity.

Another is amphetamine and methamphetamine are both transported into and out of the brain via the VMAT2 transporters and interestingly, amphetamine isn't transported in the same manner. So someone's body might be able to transport the cathacolamines vital to life but not transport methamphetamine very well.

The second might better explain why smoking produced some effect but other ROAs no effect - when smoked, passive transport would be sufficient to produce an effect.

For every drug their will be a minority of people for who the drug doesn't work. Doctors use the term 'idiopathic' which just means 'unexplained' but their are a couple of logical and practical explainations.
There is a drug target that seems to stop dopamine efflux through DAT, I think it's TAAR1

So we’re in Vegas at the MGM, there 4 of us partying for a week. We have lots of party favors.

She’s new to the world of stimulants so we gave her pipe and some meth and taught her how to use it and she got a short term rush and she was happy with that for a couple of hours… this was the first night and we’re all pretty spun already, two hours into it…

Then we pull that booty bumping idea…hooked her up with that, and she said she had an even smaller effect with that and we were scratching our heads…

We waited like two hours. Had her lay back on the bed and we hit her with 45cc in the arm. She waited like two seconds and said “how long does it take to kick in?” There were three other people spun up on the same dope so we decided to hit her again with 90cc… and mixed that shit up real thick… she laid back on the bed, we went through the same vein she sits up… I COULD TOTALLY TELL IT HAD NO EFFECT ON HER!!

Ok… this brings me to yesterday, The second time she slammed meth. She had been hitting the pipe getting a few nice rushes here and there…. Again we started with 45cc in her left arm…AND NOTHING… She didn’t break a sweat. She didn’t get a rush, no experience of euphoria, she wasn’t high, no real head change. Now I know this is good shit because I’m spun of my ass at this point… all of us had been doing the same amount… and we all twacked out talking a mile a minute…and she’s the hitting the pipe… looking for the high that we got going on…

Now this is when things got real… My brother talks her into slamming into the left side of her neck… she agrees, she has no fucking clue what it’s all about … So he mixes up a vile of 90cc of the thick shit pulls back the syringe, hits no problem… There was no burn, bruise, redness, rush or high, he did hit an artery or a nerve. AND NO !!NOTHING!!!!

The next morning here there was a patch of her neck that was numb and kind of sore…. No marks, redness or swelling…Is it permanent? Or is this just going to dissipate as the drug works it way out of her system?

You shouldn't have shot her up at all nevermind in the neck wtf man.

Wait - 45cc? 90cc? Do you mean mg? Because believe me, any syringe that will hold 90cc of a solution is going to be HUGE.

I don't think normal pins will even fit on them as they are only used for slow infusions via bolus and cannula.

That guy from 'The Momas and the Papas' actually had a cannula fitted to make is frequent IV drug usage less destructive to his body... but outside of a hospital, they are a liability as they won't be kept under aseptic conditions.
Yeah I think 90 units I call it. To the 9 on a 1 ml syringe. 90% full ... I started at 3. Now I do 5 - 6.... This story is hard for me to believe. Not discrediting it just hard for me is all. Thanks for sharing!

Yeah, wtf....

Don't be shooting up chicks, let alone in the neck.

This sounds more like a case of self destruction rather than having a good time.

You can get serious complications from injecting shit willy nilly anywhere like this.

That guy from 'The Momas and the Papas' actually had a cannula fitted to make is frequent IV drug usage less destructive to his body... but outside of a hospital, they are a liability as they won't be kept sterile
A cannula for IV drug use? As stated, what seems like a good idea is actually so bad an idea it buggers belief...

Last edited:
A cannula for IV drug use? As stated, what seems like a good idea is actually so bad an idea it buggers belief...

John Phillips. He stated that for two years he had been injecting heroin and cocaine every 15 minutes.

Some pretty hideous stories about his life circulated after he passed on but the people who knew him are divided on the truth. I think I am correct in saying that a person has to make a legal complaint on their own behalf if defamation claims are made against them... so the claims only surfaced when Phillips was beyond doing so.

If she is on anti-depressants and or anti-psychotics that are significant dopamine and norepinephrine antagonists, it could significantly dampen the response.

If she is on anti-depressants and or anti-psychotics that are significant dopamine and norepinephrine antagonists, it could significantly dampen the response.

You know, anyone who needs such medication is really better off avoiding things like methamphetamine. It's really not good for mental health.

I was shocked by some people posting in The Dark Side asking how long after stopping their neuroleptic (antipsychotic) medication it would be before psychedelics or stimulants would work. If you are subject to psychoses, psychoactive drugs should be avoided. I just could not make them see that they were in a specific high-risk group and they really were indulging in high-risk behavior.

You know, anyone who needs such medication is really better off avoiding things like methamphetamine. It's really not good for mental health.

I was shocked by some people posting in The Dark Side asking how long after stopping their neuroleptic (antipsychotic) medication it would be before psychedelics or stimulants would work. If you are subject to psychoses, psychoactive drugs should be avoided. I just could not make them see that they were in a specific high-risk group and they really were indulging in high-risk behavior.
It's actually difficult to understand, yes.

Of interest is my personal experience that prescribed doses of 1600mg/day of Gabapentin abolishes the serotonergic-empathic effects of MDMA, but not the Dop/Nor effects of METH or MDMA.

After a 2 week washout, love magic returned.