• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: notsmokeymcpot42088 | RUC4

Cocaine numbness after shooting up?

rotgirrl

Greenlighter
Joined
Aug 24, 2026
Messages
44
so i shot up in my elbow, i got blood drawback so i swear i was in a vein. i shot up and felt virtually nothing. the injection site felt numb to the touch like the skin. now it doesn’t but my wrist does?? like the side of it near my thumb. no pain, not hot , i can still move everything but wtf? is this concerning or does someone have a reason to why this happens?
 
I've gotten that from hitting a nerve before, but since there is no pain I am wondering if you missed part of the shot and the numbing is from the numbing effect that coke typically has?

Thoughts BL fam?
 
Sounds like a partially missed shot. Used to happen alot to me back when i shot coke
i’ve missed a shot before and never had numbess, it just started swelling up into a big ball. which hasn’t happened yet thankfully. it is possible i accidentally did im instead of iv? it was in my elbow so idk. it’s just weird i’ve missed a lot of shots and never had this happen. possibly it could be what it’s cut with i guess? how long does it last? also i want to try to redose (not the same spot obviously) but if i did do IM idk how safe it would be. i’m going to wait an hour anyways but shit idk it’s freaking me out especially because most of the numbess is far away from where i injected.

thanks for the quick reply btw! over here panicking a bit lol
 
I've gotten that from hitting a nerve before, but since there is no pain I am wondering if you missed part of the shot and the numbing is from the numbing effect that coke typically has?

Thoughts BL fam?
i’ve missed a shot before and never any numbness. perhaps it’s what’s it’s cut with but yeah idk i hope it goes away soon
 
i’ve missed a shot before and never had numbess, it just started swelling up into a big ball. which hasn’t happened yet thankfully. it is possible i accidentally did im instead of iv? it was in my elbow so idk. it’s just weird i’ve missed a lot of shots and never had this happen. possibly it could be what it’s cut with i guess? how long does it last? also i want to try to redose (not the same spot obviously) but if i did do IM idk how safe it would be. i’m going to wait an hour anyways but shit idk it’s freaking me out especially because most of the numbess is far away from where i injected.

thanks for the quick reply btw! over here panicking a bit lol

You could have just missed a tiny bit ive done that before
 
So directly on the other side of your elbow where you arm bends, or on the side of your forearm. Just asking because there is a big vein on the side of forearm by the funny bone and that one probably is a bit more risky to try.
 
So directly on the other side of your elbow where you arm bends, or on the side of your forearm. Just asking because there is a big vein on the side of forearm by the funny bone and that one probably is a bit more risky to try.
in the middle of my elbow crook where it bends
 
my first guess would be chemical or mechanical irritation of a nerve or the surrounding tissue, possibly combined with cocaine’s local anesthetic and vasoconstrictive effects, rather than simply the drug didn’t hit
 
my first guess would be chemical or mechanical irritation of a nerve or the surrounding tissue, possibly combined with cocaine’s local anesthetic and vasoconstrictive effects, rather than simply the drug didn’t hit
That might make sense with high-quality stuff. With cut cocaine, who the fuck knows? There could be a stegosaurus growing inside you.
 
I wouldnt freak out. Just keep an eye on it, it gets warm, streaking red, or if the numbness gets worse or doesn’t improve def time to get it looked at. With iv coke it’s Russian roulette when you miss bc of how cut and dirty it can be. You can lower the chances using filter, sterile water etc

It’s happened to me before didn’t think I missed the shot bc no bump or raised skin so I figured some may have leaked out of the vein and under the skin or hit or irritated a nerve. I was completely expecting an infection. But Idk I did do warm compresses and just kept my arm disinfected, the numbness went away a couple days after
 
Numbness when shooting coke usually indicates hitting a nerve, like the median, ulnar, or radial nerve. It could be a missed or partially missed shot though. If it continues swelling, if your arm starts changing color or getting pale, you'll probably want to get that looked at. I would not redose at this time and give priority to watching what happens there first. Always put safety first.

If you're going to inject you might want to invest in a copy of Gray's Anatomy or a similar book, filled with images of where the veins, arteries, nerves, muscles, etc are located in your body.

Here's a discussion of the same question from 2011:

 
You definitely missed some of your shot. I've registered and then slipped out halfway through before. There's no other explanation.

I've been seeing you post rather frequently about IV coke use. I'm sure you've been hearing it from many but I'll give you my two cents.

What you're doing is not sustainable. If you must shoot it, treat it as a once a month treat for one session. Shooting coke multiple times a week or daily is going to fuck you over fast. It's so toxic to your veins and the more you shoot the harder it is to register due to vasoconstriction. You will get irritated not being able to register and keep poking or digging and eventually you will miss. A missed shot stays sore for a week like a bruise and could really turn south fast. Now your arm is all bruised and its hard to hide.

Also the initial rush/ringer is all you are seeking. So as you build your tolerance you will be shooting bigger shots. The rush wears off but you still have all that coke in your system. That is how you OD. I never did but was close. I can see how easy it is to do.

I may start with a .10 shot and after 15 minutes my dopamine drops. Well now im taking a .15 shot. Guess what? 15 min go by and now im taking .18. So now I have a half gram in me within 30min. Take a .2 15 minutes later my leg started shaking. Never took it further, but knew what was gonna happen.

Slow down.
 
Numbness when shooting coke usually indicates hitting a nerve, like the median, ulnar, or radial nerve. It could be a missed or partially missed shot though. If it continues swelling, if your arm starts changing color or getting pale, you'll probably want to get that looked at. I would not redose at this time and give priority to watching what happens there first. Always put safety first.

If you're going to inject you might want to invest in a copy of Gray's Anatomy or a similar book, filled with images of where the veins, arteries, nerves, muscles, etc are located in your body.

Here's a discussion of the same question from 2011:

Everyone keeps saying numbness when hitting a nerve. Im sure that will happen, but if you poke a nerve, you will know it. It will be like a shock, there should be no question in your mind if you hit a nerve.
 
I've been seeing you post rather frequently about IV coke use. I'm sure you've been hearing it from many but I'll give you my two cents.

What you're doing is not sustainable. If you must shoot it, treat it as a once a month treat for one session. Shooting coke multiple times a week or daily is going to fuck you over fast. It's so toxic to your veins and the more you shoot the harder it is to register due to vasoconstriction.

Slow down.
Exactly the point I've been trying to make as sincerely as possible. Thank you for saying that.
 
You definitely missed some of your shot. I've registered and then slipped out halfway through before. There's no other explanation.

I've been seeing you post rather frequently about IV coke use. I'm sure you've been hearing it from many but I'll give you my two cents.

What you're doing is not sustainable. If you must shoot it, treat it as a once a month treat for one session. Shooting coke multiple times a week or daily is going to fuck you over fast. It's so toxic to your veins and the more you shoot the harder it is to register due to vasoconstriction. You will get irritated not being able to register and keep poking or digging and eventually you will miss. A missed shot stays sore for a week like a bruise and could really turn south fast. Now your arm is all bruised and its hard to hide.

Also the initial rush/ringer is all you are seeking. So as you build your tolerance you will be shooting bigger shots. The rush wears off but you still have all that coke in your system. That is how you OD. I never did but was close. I can see how easy it is to do.

I may start with a .10 shot and after 15 minutes my dopamine drops. Well now im taking a .15 shot. Guess what? 15 min go by and now im taking .18. So now I have a half gram in me within 30min. Take a .2 15 minutes later my leg started shaking. Never took it further, but knew what was gonna happen.

Slow down.
i definitely am realizing i need to slow down. like genuinely. i’m glad i’m learning all this info in the meantime but i can really tell my tolerance is building and not hitting the same, plus my veins are fucked already. i’m going to give myself a break after this bag (which is almost out anyways), i’m probably going to go a month and buy a few grams a month and go through it and be done for that month. currently i’m getting multiple bags a week. please don’t judge me i know it’s stupid but i just found it extremely addictive, but as i learn about it i can see how dangerous it is and i’m blowing my money on it. so a break is in order definitely. i cant even use my veins in my elbows.


may i ask, how long will it take for my veins to heal and be useable again? its really the only place im able to hit so i dont want to do the last of my bag anywhere else since it takes 10+ times to find a vein if i even do idk why. so not worth it to try another spot. i want to let my veins heal up before i try again. do you think a few days to a week without use, or a month? cuz if its a month i might just have to snort what i have or try my hand to iv the last of my stuff.
 
Top