• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

[NSW:Byron]Splendor in the grass 2006 July 22 & 23 REVIEWS!

Rained hard friday night and all good through till sunday arvo, still plenty of mud.

I got in free with all access VIP pass as well =D

Got to meet the grinners and death cab for cutie back stage behind the supertop tent and watched the show from back there.
Got over the whole back stage thing after that.
Faves were the avalanches, grinners, sonic youth. Cant think much right now.
Kinda disapponited with DJ shadows performace in the mix up tent.
My phone died early saturday and got lost many times but still was heaps rad.

Very messy weekend.

Struggling now im back at work.
Might write more later.

ARRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
what a fucking...
COOL, MASSIVE, AMPED, RIOTIOUS, SILLY, CRAZY, DRUNKEN, DRUG-FUELLED, ROCKIN, BOPPIN, LOW-DOWN, FUCKED-UP, MUDDY, LOVIN', STOMPIN, RAGIN', SEXY FUCKING WEEKEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Big ups to grinspoon, i remembered again why i love that band so much

Even bigger ups to wolfmother, i will never forget that set!

2 thumbs up to the organisers - the whole thing was wicked

Big shout to THE VINES, for making the secret slot worth the wait.

Can i just say that the tipi forrest was too cool for words???

Massive smiles to all the happy randoms who kept me entertained throughout the weekend

Goddamn that festival is fantastic

but...

but...

it must be mentioned that one happy little dreadlocked camper got quiet agitated on saturday between 1:45 and 2:30 when he spent that whole time walking around the little island of trees at the entrance to the tipi circle calling all BLUELIGHTERS looking like some weird drug-crazed acid-looper... in the faint hope of a response...

was rudely left un-greeted and unquestioned..

for shame bluelighters...

meh - i got over it and fucked off to the dancefloor to enjoy the wonderful mud and beats after a while.

still

grrrr...

notes to remember for next year...

- need more cash!

- how bout a house? Failing that - a tent that works (woke to a drowned phone on saturday morning)

- food is my friend

- dickheadius footballus jockedenium...(http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=143577&highlight=jockus)
doesn't deserve tickets to this event (who punches someone cause they are trying to help a mate get out of the crush of the mosh?

that is all...

-=DLouD247=D-

Best weekend in the history of the earth. Ever. =D

But no photos this year :(

I attended the meet up 10 minutes late to find a very impatient Popavich. It wasn't my fault I was already too useless to navigate around that mind fuck. All the new stuff that wasn't there last year really confused the crap out of me.

The weather was fucking awesome with the exception of the rain on Sunday night that made me miss the scissor sisters. Pissed off about that.

My fav were the Yeah Yeah Yeahs closely followed by the presets. The Avalanches were great and DJ Shadow sucked a big one.

I tried to avoid the tipi's as much as possible because its very easy for me to stay there the entire weekend and not see anything else. I did manage to fall in love with a chick dancing on stage wearing a red corset, black fish nets and handcuffs during the brief time I was there tho.

I'm very grateful for my BL friends who give me someone to speak absolute cod shit to until the early hours of the morning :D =D

Was anyone else raped by a girl named Rebecca? :D

where did you guys meet? i was walking around for aaaages walking up to randoms saying "bluelight?"

bah - ah well - the weekend did rock and loud247 is a verrrryy happy splendour attendee once again

bring on splendour '07!

-=DLouD247=D-

arrghg, i was near those trees at pretty much 2pm, but there was 100's of people walking around, was impossible to find the group meet. I asked a couple people sitting down if they were bluelighters, but just got crazed looks in return!!! Maybe next year huh?! :p

But yes, what a wonderful weekend, ive never had so much fun!! Was definitly better than '04, much bigger. Pity the weekend is such a blur, i dont really remember much:( The Presets were maybe my favourite, their set was 10x better than BDO this year.

Decided to candyflip on sunday, probably the pinnacle of my drug use;) I managed to get a seat on one of the crowd barriers for yeah yeah yeahs through to brian wilson. You know the ones near the walkway between big top and mix up. I managed to stand up during wolfmothers set, i felt like a god standing 1m above everyone else, incredible.

Had a chat to some old guy next to me about homebake, so that is a mission ill have to look into for the end of the year....

I hope everyone had the best weekend, stayed safe, and will be coming back next year most importantly!!

agreed, standing above the crowd off guts is truly a mind-bending feeling - i was standing on a wheelie bin watching the presets... now THAT was fuggen cool
much love to the splendour massive - great weekend

-=DLouD247=D-

I'm assuming when you guys are talking about candyflipping and being off guts you're talking about eating too many lollies and feeling sick yeah? Just clarifying.