Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NSW - Bluelight in the snow Mark 2. *REVIEW*

Cosmic Mist

Bluelighter
Bluelight in the snow Mark 2

As many of you probably already know, last year i organised a bluelight trip to the snow. It was a huge success last year, there was skiing, partying, and talking shit into the small hours of the night... not to mention more beer than we could drink in one weekend...

I have had a few people request that i organise something like this again, although the general consensus has been that it been longer. THis post is to gauge general interest in this trip to the snow.

If you would like to come, please raise you hand and pick one ofthe following options...

1. a 5 day stay in the low season BEFORE peak season. This would hopefully cost ~$80 pp.

2. a 2 night stay AFTER peak season, probably at a similar price.

THe only thing i will arrange is accomodation, which will be at the same place as last time. You must arrange all your activities for the stay, your transport, food, and any ski/snowboard hire yourself.

Dates and official prices will be released at a later date, this is merely to test for interest. You will have to send payment to me before a certain date to secure a spot. We worked out last year that there would be room for 10-15 people.

The lodge is located in Jindabyne.

I have spoken to kitty about this thread, and i have followed her suggested guidelines. If anyone has issues with this thread, please PM or email me. :)

UPDATE: 16/06/2004

The Dates are the 9-12th september 2004. Cost is $130 pp total.

Details of the lodge (such as the address) will be given out only to paid parties at a time towards the end of August. The lodge has 10 beds, and enough room to sleep a few more people. Maximum attendance for this trip is 15 people, no exceptions.

I am paying the bond out of my own pocket. As a condition of this trip, if the bond is forfeited as a result of your actions, you will be expected to pay the foreited ammount to me. (I'm too poor to afford to pay for other people's mistakes ;))

New Rollcall:
CM + Funky^Monk (SYD)
Chaos Butterfly (SYD)
Katmeow (SYD)
Harraser (MEL)
Starfalls (MEL)
Biggerbear (SYD)
CallieSplit (SYD)
Muzby (MEL)
Doofqueen (NEW)
DJC* (SYD)
BREAKaBEAT (SYD)
Taliana (NEW)

Places tentatively booked:
Nin_fuct (SYD)

If you want to come along, then you should get in quick - i don't think the lodge would be comfy with more than 14-15 people, so i will be holding numbers at this level. with the current people who have paid, we have 2 spots left max. :)

Discussion is currently underway from Page 9 onwards about organising lifts.

CM

Last edited:
/me raises her hand!!!

Id vote for the first option... a 5 day stay!!! (2 DAYS just really isnt worth travelling the 6 hours there and back... having done that before, its not worth it, id much prefer a full 4-5 days actually on the slopes to get my boarding skills betterererererer!!!) But would vote for it to be like, the week before the peak season (or the week after peak finishes) begins to ensure there actually IS snow at the snowfields. :):) hehe...

Having missed out going to the snow 2 years in a row, im in a DESPERATE need for a snow fix!!!! :):) w0oh0o!

Last edited:
oh yeah i want to come!! i've never seen the snow before!! and i pick the 5 day before peak stay aswell if it's only $80...i can afford that ....would have to find a babysitter though but that can be done hehehe

as long as there is snow there anyway

and the 2 day stay won't worry me either

i'm definitely interested: fuck, last year i was totally up for it but just ran out of time and money :(

hopefully this time around...

I've only been to the snow ONCE. And I got distracted by how cool toboganing was and never went ski-ing or snowboarding [I think I was the oldest person on the tobogan run]

Can anyone give me a rough idea as to how much all the hiring etc would cost?

If you go early season, make sure it's not too early or you will be skiing on ice and dirt. I went to Thredbo for the season last year and the early season conditions were shocking. In my experience, you would rather late season than early season. During late season there is very good cover and less people on the mountain

Hiring a snowboard and boots for 5 days will cost you approx $150, depending on where you hire from. The best option is to hire from First Tracks in Jindabyne. They have the best boards for hire and at a better price than the resorts.

I'm happy to meet anyone at the snowfield for some serious snowboarding action if anyone's up for it. I am meeting this guy in Canada (met him on a snowboarding message boards) to go riding with him. Where I will be riding is his local mountain, so he is going to show me the secret stashes of powder.

[edit: don't mention drug purchases, please! :)]

Last edited by a moderator:
YAY! *clapclap* I missed the first one, I'd SO be down for a trip to the snow! :D

I don't like my chances of getting 5 days off work though so I'd have to choose the 2-day option...

I'm so keen for this :)

Would the 5 days be over a weekend?

rasberrywatergirl said:
I'd be up for this and choose the 2 day option. Is it $80 pp per night?

yeah if it's per night count me out...too rich for my blood but if it's for the whole stay sounds good...also depends on what date because i have uni to go to....

^^^ going by the costs last year (and a bit of simple interpretation of cosmic's actual comments ;)), it's $80 per person for whichever option is eventually chosen.

the cost is not set in stone, but it's a pretty fair approximation.

I am definitely interested. 100% I will be there if this gets off the ground. I missed last years through lack of funds and waaaay too much uni work.

I have never done proper skiing and really want to.

I don't mind either early or late season. I would prefer 5 days over 2 days however.

CB :)

I signed up for this last year. =D

^^^ Thats a YES i'll be there. I'm up for 5 day option, but i'll be there either way, decks with POWER cord in hand again this time. ;)

I'd also say Muzby would be in for this again given last years experience.

DJC*

For those who missed last year... some of the quotes =D =D

Muzby 'Take it all off. But leave the lipstick on...' (to cohaa)

Harraser 'My nuts are neither round nor small'

Cohaa 'You can die from a papercut can't you?'

(Btw...where are you these days cohaa?!?)

^^^ i saw him at armin a few weeks back, i think he said he's working in brisbane or something!? seems happy :)

ok guys, here's the low down so far...

funnily enough i received an unsolicited email from the lodge owner this evening offering me first round prefferences for this season. I have requested that she send me a schedule of rates so that i can come back to you with some approximate figures.
Going by last years figures, the five day option will be more than $80, but i don;t know how much more. I will work it out.

The way it worked last year was that i worked out the price per head based on 10 people coming. I can tell you now that i will be there (der!) with my boy and possibly Nin_fuct... what we did last year (having more than ten people attending) was to take the extra m oney and split for some nice dinner on the final night. Depending on how much extra (or less) we have this will be the case again, unless anyone has any objections.

People who have expressed interest so far include:

Cosmic Mist + Boy
Raz
Katmeow
Taliana
Doofster
Up all night
Strawberrywatergirl
DJC
Chaos Butterfly

That is 11 people straight off the bat, which is fantastic. We started out with 16 people last year and ended up with 12, so i am hoping a few more people will join us. :)

ANy price that i quote up here will be per person as a total cost. There are some pretty reasonable places down there who will rent ski stuff for a reasonable price. You're better off to get it there in case something goes wrong.

The lodge is only has ten beds (and i bags a double bed again ;)) but there is ample room as we discovered for extras.

When i know the rates i will post them here and people can respond accordingly. Then we can sort out payment details and travel arrangements. I will not release the loge details publicly (because kitty has instilled paranoia into me ;)), but if you would like to know more PM me.

I think that is it. Terms and conditions to follow. :)