• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Noscapine

Ham-milton

Bluelighter
Does anyone have or know of any information about where noscapine binds? I've heard that it has actions similar to DXM and also that it's somewhat entactogenic, which is quite different.

Any info would be appreciated.

There is a lot of information about it on Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noscapine

It is a sigma agonist (dissociative?) with an abuse potential.....

It's OTC where I live, but combined with Promethazine, so I can't experiment with it in high doses.......

a sigma agonist, huh? That fits with the "similar to DXM" then. I'm actually kind of surprised; Would this be the only natural dissociative, then?

I don't know how I missed wiki. Thanks

Sigma agonists are not dissociatives. It's the NMDA antagonistic activity that makes DXM a dissociative.

salvinorin-A isn't a sigma agonist; it's a kappa agonist.

And it's over simplifying things to say that dissociation is purely caused by NMDA antagonism, as there are nmda antagonists that produce little or no dissociation, and dissociatives with little effect on nmda.

Ham-milton said:
And it's over simplifying things to say that dissociation is purely caused by NMDA antagonism, as there are nmda antagonists that produce little or no dissociation, and dissociatives with little effect on nmda.

Yeah, I thought Dissociatives were:
-either NMDA antagonists
-or Sigma agonists
-or Kappa agonists

-

About Noscapine, I just transleted a few things I read on a french website:

Synonyms:

-Noscapine
-Methoxyhydrastine
-Narcosine
-Narcotine
-Opianine

Therapeuthic properties:
-antitussive
-antispasmodic drug
-bronchodilator

It has no analgesic properties.

Side-effects:

-rash
-nausea
-constipation
-drowsiness
-headache
-vertigo
-conjunctivitis

Dosage:
-for an adult, 45mg to 120mg orally daily divided in 4 doses
-maximum recommended dosage is 150mg/day in 5 times

I think Noscapine may be the reason why pod/poppy seed tea feels so different from other Opiates.

I've read many time that it was because of the Thebaine, or just because of the mix of alkaloids....

But Opium contains mostly
-morphine (10%-15% )
-noscapine (4%-8% )
And only very small amounts of:
-codeine (1%-3% )
-papaverine (1%-3% )
-thebaine (1%-2% )

Are there other common sigma agonists?

one of the weakest opioids (they dont ask prescription for noscapine here where i live too), if your a opiate virgin you may enjoy it. you have to consume huge doses to get something - but be careful, it can be dangerous, even FATAL to take large doses of noscapine if you dont have opiate tolerance. noscapine is a different opioid and its not like morphine or other common opiates. the high is like papaverine high, they have similar highs but i found oral noscapine is more potent than iv papaverine - papaverine is very weak too. doing oral noscapine is like doing a sedative hypnotic drug. theres no euphoria or very very weak euphoria if your doing your first opiate of your life lol. you still feel tired as hell and feel sleepy, relaxed, these are all feel very weak during intoxication. personally i dont recommend this item to anybody, useless and pointless imo, it cant even make you nod wtf

elektra said:
one of the weakest opioids (they dont ask prescription for noscapine here where i live too), if your a opiate virgin you may enjoy it. you have to consume huge doses to get something - but be careful, it can be dangerous, even FATAL to take large doses of noscapine if you dont have opiate tolerance. noscapine is a different opioid and its not like morphine or other common opiates. the high is like papaverine high, they have similar highs but i found oral noscapine is more potent than iv papaverine - papaverine is very weak too. doing oral noscapine is like doing a sedative hypnotic drug. theres no euphoria or very very weak euphoria if your doing your first opiate of your life lol. you still feel tired as hell and feel sleepy, relaxed, these are all feel very weak during intoxication. personally i dont recommend this item to anybody, useless and pointless imo, it cant even make you nod wtf

No dissociative effects at all?
I am disapointed then....

^^ yeah its not dissociative. actually papaverine and noscapine both considered nonrecreational here where i live, they are both otc but noone abuse them lol

isn't papaverine used to cause erections or get rid of them? that's probably way off.

So you've used both, I assume?

btw- what country are you in? There's a lot of people in the US looking for international sources for noscapine. For anti-cancer, that is.

Ham-milton said:
isn't papaverine used to cause erections or get rid of them?
yes it is, i dont know about the get rid of thing but i heard that some docs use it to get people erected. its also sold here as an otc iv/im antispasmodic

For sure Papaverine is not recreationnal.

But Noscapine may be...

(if someone tells me how to separate Noscapine from Promethazine in a syrup; I try it immiediatly; 150mg. Bupe isn't supposed to block sigma receptors, is it?)

I've noticed that there are potent nmda antagonist drugs with simularities to nosc, n-acetyl-1phenyl-1234tetrahydroisoquinolines, some even with the 67dimethoxy

toxide said:
elektra... how much noscapine did u take?

largest dose i did is about 180-200 mg, the otc noscapine contains 10 mg noscapin per pill in my country

So...do we have a basis as to speculate about what sigma agonism might do?

ebola