• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Norco question

Dodger Guy LA

Bluelighter
Hi everyone. Been a while since I've checked in. Back to work and life is crazy busy in a good way!
I have a question. I had been off and on Norco for a period of time but haven't had to take any until today. It's been two months since I had to use any pain med of the sorts. all my dosages were very low from what others tell me.
My question is if two month break is enough time so my body does not get habituated/ addicted. I've been lucky and managed the pills and did not hv W/D or hv to taper.
This prescription is very short term, I think around four/five days if needed.
Thank you all!
Dodger

Last edited:
You can still be addicted, even when you take breaks.

Your tolerance is likely back down to nothing, if that was your question.

You can still be addicted, even when you take breaks.

Your tolerance is likely back down to nothing, if that was your question.
Thanks C.H. For your response! If I didn't have any problems when I discontinued use a few months ago, would using the pain meds for a few days give me any W/D or am I overthinking is what I'm asking. The doctor perscribed a three days script.
I had a feeling my tolerance would be zip.

Awesome :)

Specifically for psychological addiction though, a break doesn't help. You might even think you're not going to get mentally hooked again, but often that isn't the case. I found this out the hard way with buprenorphine, and I've since realized I can't use it without becoming dependent.

Hope all is well :)

Awesome :)

Specifically for psychological addiction though, a break doesn't help. You might even think you're not going to get mentally hooked again, but often that isn't the case. I found this out the hard way with buprenorphine, and I've since realized I can't use it without becoming dependent.

Hope all is well :)

Thank you Captain for taking the time to answer. I realize an addict is an addict so psychological will always be there I think with any drug. Taking a break wasn't my plan, using NSAID was the plan and learning correct exercise with my bad back. Physical withdrawl is my main concern.
Thanks for keeping it real!

You should be okay. Usually for someone that has never been thru withdrawals it takes some time to start becoming physically dependant. Unfortunately, the more times you go thru withdrawals the faster it becomes to be physically addicted. For me, if I use more than one day in a row, I do get some withdrawals. Addiction is pretty insidious.

Just try not to over do it on your pain meds and only take it when absolutely needed. You should be fine for the most part.