• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Nomenclature of 5-methoxy substitutes (recently bumped and merged)

I will be getting some 5-MeO-MiPT fairly soon. The dosages seem very different from person to person. I was recommended to dose only 5mg for the first try. :) Will write about it when I get it in. Btw, the names are too alike to me and would get messed up easily, as stated above.

JuicyJay said:
Btw, the names are too alike to me and would get messed up easily, as stated above.

All of the names are 'alike'

5-MeO-DiPT, 5-MeO-DPT, 5-MeO-DMT.

Iprocin, miprocin, psilocin.

foxy, moxy.

Chemistry is complicated. If you can't handle distinguishing between a few letters...then perhaps it might be best to consult a doctor and see what parts of the brain are still working. Definitely stay away from drugs that appear so complicated, you can't even figure out what they are. This is not directed at anyone in particular. Generalized advice.

If you can't remember a few simply letters and numbers I am not so sure its a great idea to dose on profoundly powerful psychedelic chemicals. Its a noble effort but the drug world is dumbed down enough with pill stamps, mystery powders, a myriad of pointless slang, and just plain retarded users. The last thing we need is to further simplify an extremely complicated issue when it can cause confusion. I firmly believe that unintelligent people should be excluded from experimenting with particular substances

RollinJ said:
they would also be really reasy to mix up, seing as they all end with the same thing, and a few start with the same vowel sounds, with different consonants. Could be a bad thing dosage wise.

Why quote my post, and not this one?

theWorldWithin said:
I firmly believe that unintelligent people should be excluded from experimenting with particular substances

Well, I think most of us agree with this, but the fact is that stupid people will continue using powerful drugs whether we want them to or not (and hell, most of us were ignorant at some point or another).

theWorldWithin said:
I firmly believe that unintelligent people should be excluded from experimenting with particular substances

How would you propose going about that? IQ tests on vendors' homepages?

I'm gonna up the ante and suggest that all people of lesser intelligence should be candidates for enthanization. Its only humane.

After a first rejection about this names,I too think now,excellent work,nuke!This continues smoothly the name project.

It was Shulgin who coined the terms iprocin, miprocin, miprocetin, etc. It was my self who suggested the names bk-MBDB, bk-MDEA etc. instead of butylone, ethylone, etc. but then some one ran them by Shulgin, he 'approved' them, and then after Shulgin's approval Erowid adopted them. So if you want these new terms to gain acceptance you might run them by Shulgin and try to get him to buy into them. After all, he did invent most of these. Personally, I don't think we need the new names. The 5-MeO tryptamines suck anyways.

I think we needed bk-MBDB etc. Trying to come up with names like ethylone and butylone that confer any meaning would continue to be very difficult when more cathinone analogs are tested.

New names for 5-MeO-* or even 4-HO-*? Why? They're listed under their TiHKAL-style chemical abbreviations on Erowid, and most uneducated people are going to look through/find search results linking to Erowid if they're looking up info on these chemicals. No reason to make it more complicated by having different informational resources index the same compounds under different names (ie. an Erowid user wouldn't think to search for 'miprocin' when the first resource they used, Erowid, has a 4-HO-MIPT vault. If another resource uses miprocin as shorthand, the user would never find the info.

Coolio said:
I think we needed bk-MBDB etc. Trying to come up with names like ethylone and butylone that confer any meaning would continue to be very difficult when more cathinone analogs are tested.

New names for 5-MeO-* or even 4-HO-*? Why? They're listed under their TiHKAL-style chemical abbreviations on Erowid, and most uneducated people are going to look through/find search results linking to Erowid if they're looking up info on these chemicals. No reason to make it more complicated by having different informational resources index the same compounds under different names (ie. an Erowid user wouldn't think to search for 'miprocin' when the first resource they used, Erowid, has a 4-HO-MIPT vault. If another resource uses miprocin as shorthand, the user would never find the info.

Au contraire, searching 'miprocin' on google yields erowid experiences with 4-HO-MiPT as the first result.

The only reason I have a slight problem with the numerical and alphabetical names is that I've seen too many people are parties going, "Hey, I just took some 5-GBO-Whatever!" And I've seen people selling them that had no idea about them either, because they didn't want to memorize any numbers and letters, so they sold any 5-MeO-T as 'foxy'. They're more complicated than a phone number. (not that I condone this, but will happen and has happened)

So you wanted to be the cool guy who gave the more commonly used names to loads of different drugs huh

fuckoffxin

^^ ? i don't give a rat's ass if my name's on them, christ, this is an anonymous internet forum.