• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Nomenclature of 5-methoxy substitutes (recently bumped and merged)

now we'll never get to six flags

i sure can get defensive, heh??

on the internet

:D

nuke, 'miprocin' gives you Erowid results yeah. But what if you didn't think to search via 'miprocin', because Erowid's information says 4-HO-HIPT. Then another website only refers to it as miprocin. You'd never find that website.

The only reason I have a slight problem with the numerical and alphabetical names is that I've seen too many people are parties going, "Hey, I just took some 5-GBO-Whatever!" And I've seen people selling them that had no idea about them either, because they didn't want to memorize any numbers and letters, so they sold any 5-MeO-T as 'foxy'. They're more complicated than a phone number. (not that I condone this, but will happen and has happened)

And you don't think people would confuse and cross up names miproxin, iproxin, iprocin, and miprocin? Stupid people cross up words and names all the time. There's nothing you can do to stop stupid people from being confused when there are so many drugs out there with similar structures and names. Better to just keep them away from it if you can. If its too hard for you to memorize and distinguish letters and numbers, you're too stupid to be using these chems in the first place.

Last edited:
"The 5-MeO tryptamines suck anyways."

But then,every sucker has a name...

Doooode, I think they should all be called names like "nuke" and "blurt" and "smash" and "thunderpants".

Alternately, if you want the "just say no"/"keep the morons away" thing, they could be called "shitpopsicle" and "smegma" and "toejam" and "Ralph Nader" (no offence to Nader necessarily, just he came into my head as something your average party dude would not want to brag about having just ingested).

Already nobody can spell miprAcetin; I just don't know if this nomenclature can work if it relies on fora to perpetuate itself...

(And if the MiPTs are named Miprocin, etc, why are the DiPTs "iprocin" etc instead of "Diprocin" etc.? Can anyone answer this F-A-Q?)

I believe that it had come from an early vendor who had called 4-AcO-DiPT iprocetyl, and the prefix stuck.

From what I was told, iprocin was coined long ago...before the chemical made an appearance in the "RC" market. I thought burple made up the name miprocin.

MKUltra said:
(And if the MiPTs are named Miprocin, etc, why are the DiPTs "iprocin" etc instead of "Diprocin" etc.? Can anyone answer this F-A-Q?)

4-HO-DiPT has two isopropyls...Di-ipro. So diprocin would not work for 4-Ho-DiPT, it would only be suited for 4-Ho-DPT (Di =2, Pro = propyl.) We would have to call 4-Ho-DiPT 'Diiprocin'....which would make 4-Ho-DET Dietrocin, Dierocin, or Dieocin for 4-Ho-DET. And that's dumb.

MiPT has a methyl and an isopropyl. So it has to be Miprocin. The names as they are, are great...and they make sense.

MKUltra said:
Already nobody can spell miprAcetin; I just don't know if this nomenclature can work if it relies on fora to perpetuate itself...

plus fucking one! :)

What is this mipr0cetin of which people speak?

^maybe 4 aco mipt?

but i always thought it was miprocetyl

eh, im with the people that like to use the actual chemical names.

So can someone passd me that cap of 4-Indolol, 3-[2-(diisopropylamino)ethyl]

^^ We are complaining that EVERYONE mispells these names. There's no such thing as miprocetin, because it's spelled miprAcetin. "A" is for acetoxy.

The "-acetyl" alternative works but "-acetin" seems to have been more widely accepted.

Last edited:
so miprAcetyl or miprAcetin are interchangeable for 4 aco mipt?

i think im starting to understand how this works.

andruejaysin said:
I went to alot of trouble to learn the names in Tihkal, I'm not gonna learn new ones.

It certainly seems to be an ideal opportunity for confusion OD's and other fuck ups.

Much in the way the Fly, Butterfly, Dragonfly, Hemi-dragonfly, fruitfly naming of the benzofuran derivatives of phenethylamines is less than helpful.

Giving the products pharmaceutical names also greatly weakens the already weak arguament that these are 'research chemicals' and not for human consumption.

however sometimes naming confusion is helpful:
I know secondhand, of an example where clearly labelled MDOH was intercepted in the UK, prior to the catch all laws. MDOH was already illegal class A but was called N-Hydroxy tenamphetamine in the MODA, (tenamphetamine being the generic name for MDA). the LE didn't recognise that N-Hydroxy tenamphetamine and MDOH are the same class A substance, and the parcel was returned.

if they are going to be confusingly named why not give them an innoccuous household product name and wait for the journalists to scream about the new threat from say, Borax abuse.

Nomenclature of 5-Methoxy substitutes

There is a well defined naming system for 4 substitued tryptamines such as Miprocin, Mipracetin/ Mipracetyl, Miprocybin or Psilocin, Psilacetyl/ Psilacetin, Psilocybin. Well, there isnt one for 5-Methoxy substituted tryptamines that is as graceful as the one for 4 substituted tryptamines. I dont think the moxy and foxy is sufficient. I propose here in this thread that we create a naming system for them.

A suggestion I can put forth would be Miproxy (5-Meo-MiPT), Iproxy (5-MeO-DiPT), Ethoxy (5-MeO-DET) and I guess Psiloxy (5-MeO-DMT). I am not fully satisfied with this though.

Can anyone think of something better?

Last edited:
I see. I guess a merge is necessary then.

Or how bout Meocin (5-MeO-MiPT), Ieocin (5-MeO-DiPT), Psileocin (5-MeO-DMT), Eocin (5-MeO-DET).

There's something about the x sound in the name that sounds unappealing. Especially Miproxin. Sounds too much like a typical pharmaceutical drug brand name.

Yeah, iproxin is actually a pharmaceutical in latin America/Germany.