• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos No withdrawals????

Thecureaddict

Greenlighter
Firstly, I apologise if this has been posted before. I’m a newbie. Something weird is going on. I’ve been on benzos *all* my life - 49 years. My Dad gave them to me crushed up since I was a baby.

Anyway, I lived in Germany for 3 years and they gave out Valium and Buprenorphine (sp?) like lollipops. By the time I returned to Australia, the nanny state, I was on 10 x 10 mg Valium per day and 10 x .02 mg bupe per day.

I have, over the past six months slowly come down but not consistently. So, I might take a really high dose one day if I was feeling anxious.

So here’s my weird thing. About 7 days ago I’d just decided, let’s not take any Valium today and see how that goes. That was a week ago and I’m having no side effects at all. I mean, WTF? I am on a norspan patch and no longer take any tablets at all and I feel perfectly fine. My question is: am I just genetically lucky or is this the calm before the storm? If I’ve been off Valium for 7 days, am I in the clear (for dangerous stuff like seizures etc.).

If anyone can help, I’d really appreciate it!

Thanks 🙏

In my opinion as I'm no medical advisor, It could really be a number of things.
I’ve been on benzos *all* my life - 49 years. My Dad gave them to me crushed up since I was a baby.

Anyway, I lived in Germany for 3 years and they gave out Valium and Buprenorphine (sp?) like lollipops. By the time I returned to Australia, the nanny state, I was on 10 x 10 mg Valium per day and 10 x .02 mg bupe per day.
Reading this makes me first think that the benzo's have built up in your system with prolonged use, especially starting as young as that (Ur dad a douche btw) and your body may be expelling it at a slower rate. In turn yes, making it the calm before the storm but in any case gives you a window to prepare more for it.
Never seen it with benzos but I knew a buddy in similar situation many years ago who dealt with this using opiates and surprisingly he never got sick. No idea why not but after like 45 50 yrs of use he just quit.

I have been off of them for 4 months now and the withdrawal is gone. I titrated down to 0.25mg a day of Klonopin and the withdrawal was practically non-existent and I am also on bupe 8mg/day. So this does help with the withdrawal but doesn't take it away. And Valium lasts a long time especially when you build it up in your system for years. So I would prepare as this sounds like it is close to coming to symptoms but maybe not much depending on your dose daily.