• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids No Withdrawals After 88 Hours, WTF?!

Fiori di Bella

Bluelight Crew
I have been taking opiates since 1999. I’m not great about spreading my 90 Oxys out over the course of the month and during the last 7-10 days of each month, I have to take 1 or less pills every other day usually.
I haven’t taken an Oxy since Sunday night. I have Kratom but I haven’t used it as it makes me a little speedy and I just started taking Vyvanse. I also haven’t taken Loperamide or any other substance I’ve heard that will help with opiate withdrawals, as I have absolutely no withdrawal symptoms. I had withdrawal symptoms last month when I ran short on pills and I took Kratom to help.
The only difference this month is Vyvanse. Could this possibly be keeping my withdrawals at bay? I have been drinking my usual Chardonnay a bit more, too.
What is happening? I am feeling great!?

I’m taking 20mg Oxys, 90 pills a month. It’s supposed to be 3/day but realistically it’s 5/day some days and 1/day or less at the end of my 30 day prescription.

Did you have withdrawls that subsided now or they just never came?
The withdrawals just have never come. I was expecting to have to take another 1/2 an Oxy on Tuesday night. I didn’t since I had no withdrawals and I felt fine.

Well, maybe youll never have to take another again, good luck, everyone's bodys work differently at different times too

Well, maybe youll never have to take another again, good luck, everyone's bodys work differently at different times too
This may sound dumb, because of course we take them as we can’t stop, but I don’t intend to stop taking them. They are the only thing that gets me through my days very often. Without them, my headaches would render me useless and I’d likely be lying down a lot. With them, I can be productive.

This may sound dumb, because of course we take them as we can’t stop, but I don’t intend to stop taking them. They are the only thing that gets me through my days very often. Without them, my headaches would render me useless and I’d likely be lying down a lot. With them, I can be productive.
Ahh well im glad they make life better for you, perhaps the reason the withdrawals arent so unbearable is because you are using them for the right reasons

That's really surprising, I'm at a loss. I do find that amphetamines in particular are good for covering up minor withdrawal, they really help, especially with the blah/shitty/depressed feeling. I'm surprised you aren't feeling bad at all. Lucky you!

I have been taking opiates since 1999. I’m not great about spreading my 90 Oxys out over the course of the month and during the last 7-10 days of each month, I have to take 1 or less pills every other day usually.
I haven’t taken an Oxy since Sunday night. I have Kratom but I haven’t used it as it makes me a little speedy and I just started taking Vyvanse. I also haven’t taken Loperamide or any other substance I’ve heard that will help with opiate withdrawals, as I have absolutely no withdrawal symptoms. I had withdrawal symptoms last month when I ran short on pills and I took Kratom to help.
The only difference this month is Vyvanse. Could this possibly be keeping my withdrawals at bay? I have been drinking my usual Chardonnay a bit more, too.
What is happening? I am feeling great!?

It's good if you feeling great but vyvanse and alcohol can lead to severe complications, because the vyvanse may mask your alcohol level.

It doesn't sound dumb. I know exactly how you feel. Oxys also make me more productive in life. Unfortunately I do not have a script so I limit myself to the weekends only.

If I were in your shoes I would do the smallest dose possible throughout the week and on the weekend splurge. I found the best strategy for limiting tolerance is have your fill occasionally but try to abstain in between.

Maybe that is just my personality? I usually eat one or two large meals a day. No snacking in between or anything like that. It gives me something to look forward to and snacks just ruin my appetite. I think this also applies for drug use.

I dont know about oxys or vyvanse, but I do know about street heroin and amphetamine. Amphetamines can alleviate the effect of minor withdrawals due to the dopamine dump. But I would expect that for someone who has been using opiates for 20+ years, this effect will be fleeting. I would say you're probably looking at a week of relief at best.

Please keep us posted...

I’m currently at 111 hours and feeling no pain, other than a slight migraine, for which I just took Maxalt. I can refill on Sunday and I still have a little bit remaining.