• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

No oxycontin for 4 days

Fertile

Bluelighter
I was worried that my body had got used to oxycodone (40 mg [BID{. so just stopped. I was fine for 3 days then rough... not the usual things but rushing to the bathcrom and not sleeping well.

I wasn't SURE it was the oxy so I tried codeine to help ameliorate the effects. After all, codeine it OTC here. It helped some but then muscle cramps kicked it. Nasty. In any case, I managed a week without oxycodone and so in future, I have a fair idea of how to stop. it's the cramps that got me so I know better.

But although it's supposed tp be as strong as H, their are methods to avoid the worst.

I was worried that my body had got used to oxycodone (40 mg [BID{. so just stopped. I was fine for 3 days then rough... not the usual things but rushing to the bathcrom and not sleeping well.

I wasn't SURE it was the oxy so I tried codeine to help ameliorate the effects. After all, codeine it OTC here. It helped some but then muscle cramps kicked it. Nasty. In any case, I managed a week without oxycodone and so in future, I have a fair idea of how to stop. it's the cramps that got me so I know better.

But although it's supposed tp be as strong as H, their are methods to avoid the worst.
So you admit you were physically dependent on oxy. Finally.

Fertile needs support, not I told you so's.

<3

Support can come in many different forms. When you have someone at the stage they believe they can use without becoming addicted, even though there are ominous signs, they need to be supported moving away from that.

I did the same thing a long time ago. I'm guessing most of the other posters have also. It's coming from a place of concern, not judgement. And it's because of that that we try to point out the danger in his path, and the dangerous rationalizations that lead to full addiction

Somehow this was moved to H&R from TL and deleting any posts I find not in accord with H&R.
If anyone feels I am amiss by doing so please report me and we can take it up in our moderator forums.
Thanks

Innit, mad how much things change. When I started using I could blast for ten days and just walk away, like you say now I feel it just from doing a few fucking bags.
Same here brother, same here. I used to read comments like this and be like "these guys are bsing. Wds from 3 days use? Haaaa." Now I'm like, "shouldve listened to their advice and not over-do it". But you know? It's part of the process, we all have to slip face down on the concrete before we get it right and stop.fucking around. Hehe

The classic chipping self-scam... you're only fooling yourself, and I say this with care.

Err.. it is prescribed and only after every other option (including removing leg) were considered.

So swallow one pill whole in the morning, another in the evening.

I was offered more but turned it down for the simple reason that codeine is OTC here and it IS possible to cover the current dose with codeine. I know this because one month my prescription was 5 days late. I didn't feel WELL, but it was possible.

I think a lot revolves around WHY you take a medicine. If it's to get high - you will come to harm. But I don't feel ANYTHING. I just have less pain. If I have spare, I give them away. I don't WANT more.

I think a lot revolves around WHY you take a medicine. If it's to get high - you will come to harm
Like everything, in my opinion: Dose determined. Medicine or poison. Even water can be toxic if mishandled. Reminds me off washing all electrolytes when walking steel. Drank gallons of water and would lock up. Added a little more sea salt and raw honey to my liquid intake and was onnit like whoa. ;)

But I don't feel ANYTHING. I just have less pain.
Bout the best ya gonna get, IME. Not being crazy but that (being pain-free and $ was what it's made for) marketed for.
Just agreeing, basically.
Pain I think we build a tolerance to it like all things. I have to and have before... just a bitch is all.
Always have an escape route or two planned out in advance; options, no?
Pecae

Err.. it is prescribed and only after every other option (including removing leg) were considered.

So swallow one pill whole in the morning, another in the evening.

I was offered more but turned it down for the simple reason that codeine is OTC here and it IS possible to cover the current dose with codeine. I know this because one month my prescription was 5 days late. I didn't feel WELL, but it was possible.

I think a lot revolves around WHY you take a medicine. If it's to get high - you will come to harm. But I don't feel ANYTHING. I just have less pain. If I have spare, I give them away. I don't WANT more.

I agree that physical pain as a motive, as opposed to emotional pain, is less likely to lead to addiction. I also agree that your minimalist using habits are another good form of reducing risk.

Unfortunately, though, with long-term opiate use, the risk of addiction is high, even with the healthiest of using habits/lifestyle. Not impossible, but the statistics certainly aren't good. It sucks that you have few options. Have have you tried cannabinoids, gabapentin/pregabalin, ketamine, etc. for pain? IME cannabinoids are superior analgesics to opiates in every way

Tried them all. Morphine doesn't work for me and so after surgery, an anesthetist had to put me on a ketamine drip. It works AMAZINGLY, but it's not practical as the 'side effects' preclude out-patient usage. The rest made me fall over (remember - I'm on crutches).

I concluded that if you stick to the dose-regime, the amount in one's body is actually low. Less than 10mg of oxycodone. If I miss a pill, no problem. But no pills for 5 days - problem. But as I said, every pharmacy sells multiple codeine formulations. But it's £11 a time I cannot afford (plus getting to pharmacy).

I HAVE considered asking to be given Physeptone (methadone tablets) as an alternative. 10mg TID gives as much analgesia as 40mg oxycodone BID. But while the linctus (to treat dependence) is common, the tablets seem rare. Problems of shortages keep turning up: