European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

No more zopiclone

Señor Moreno

Bluelighter
So I have been using zopiclone for a number of years, maybe before Covid. Never abused it, just had it at night, one 7 5 mg pill, some days half a pill, but have been doing it most nights during those years and every night for the last 6 or so months
Thing is that we have a shortage of zopiclone, and tired of the merry go round from pharmacy to pharmacy, I decided to quit and I did it cold, having benzos at hand, tho.
I am amazed: no wd symptoms at all, and I mean at all, not even the slightest. I am not sleping well but I never do, anyway.
Do you have experience quitting zopiclone, or do you know people who have quit it? How do you remember it, did you suffer any wds or did you have the same luck as me?

All the warnings and guidelines say that things like this are not supposed to happen. "Do not use for more than 2 weeks" etc.

I've had similar things happen to me after lengthy use of etizolam, although at low doses, with very little w/ds.

I don't know if some people are lucky, or some substances are less prone to bad rebound effects, or some warnings are seriously over stated.

Probably a mix of all of these factors.

Obviously if your tolerance had increased and you'd been ramping up your doses it would almost certainly be a different story. Interesting that you did not need to increase your dose. I wonder why that was. That was probably the secret of your luck in this regard.

As for me I really need to start taking my benzo use seriously or it's really going to be payback time. It is possible to get away with lengthy use of etizolam at low - therapeutic doses. Probably not so for benzos like clonazepam. I hear the w/ds are potentially quite nasty.

I keep on talking the talk, but I've yet to walk the walk. Hopefully this weekend, seeing as I've just got back into using bitcoin again, there's only a couple more steps to take now to get bacck on teh DNMs and hopefully getting hold of some old faithfull etizolam again, and beginning the switch over from clonaz to etiz.

My future self will be very thankful and appreciative if I do this. I really don't know why I'm procrastinating so much. I just need to chain myself to my desk and not allow myself to move until I've got it sorted.

Last edited:
Interesting that you did not need to increase your dose. I wonder why that was. That was probably the secret of your luck in this regard.
In fact I did notice tolerance growing, but more than 7.5 mg, 10mg tops, gave me a very bad mood in the morning, lingering till afternoon, so I stayed between 3.75 and 7.5mg. I am sure that you are right, if I were to be taking more and more Zopiclone I wouldn't walk away so easily.
I hope that you find that etizolam (never tried it, allways read good reviews) so you can start your tapering plan. Good luck

I was taking zolpidem or ezopiclone (alternated) every other night a few weeks, no problems when I ran out. But I don’t get WD from benzos either.

The warnings are massively overstated. For goodness sake, they tell you not to use medicinal doses of codeine for more than 3 days in a row in case you find yourself knocking over corner shops or prostituting yourself for cocodamol tablets on the 4th day