• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants No high from iv Meth?

SurferChic

Bluelighter
So just a bit of background. Started using coke socially with friends. Had way more energy & happy, significant to me as severe depression. Started buying my own coke and got addicted and doing loads. Wrecked my nose and started iv-ing. Doing so much that I bought meth due to cost/length of time of coke, initially snorted then started doing it iv because of nose again.

Anyway, it’s not been long since I’ve doing meth iv. I know something is in my veins, if that makes sense, and I get the increased energy. But I get no high, nothing. In fact sometimes I feel shitty and dizzy. I still get the increase energy, if not I wouldn’t do it. But I’m just intrigued as to why I don’t get the experience that everyone seems to talk of?!

Hey, thanks for replying.

I know for sure it’s meth (to some extent) because I was drug tested recently and it showed up positive, doesn’t mean it isn’t shit though. Get it on d.web, don’t know any dealers here.

I do wonder if I have a high tolerance. I take 0.5 which I think is a fair amount for new user. I get the increased energy (MO) but I guess I’m more intrigued than anything.

0.5g IV is more than a fair amount for a new user, actually this much of pure meth could put you into the ER or worse. You will have solid tolerance from the cocaine which doesnt completely fade anytime soon but still you might have overdone it. If you have an underlying adult ADHD, stim overdoses can make you nervous and tired and even if not, the massive increase in dopamine efflux will activate your brains autoreceptors..

If you just want to feel good, use 0.05 the nasal route to test.

.5g is amounts veteran IV users take after bashing their receptors for decades. I’d wager this is a purity issue.

-GC
Tolerance can actually skyrocket and so can a co-occuring belief that your meth is garbage. Mathamphetamine is so powerful that someone commit a genocide to represent a race that doesnt exist that he didnt belong to caused totalitarian world war a second time over.

Take a break. You're cognitively so used to the buzz it's become normal. That's why. You need to experience something relatively different to get a "high".

They advertise this fact in radio here at the moment, that the Nazis used meth in their Panzerschokolade (tank chocolate). Idk if the meth is to blame here, its actually an approved medication for ADHD in the states which keams some parents feed it to their children.. Also military still uses so called Go and NoGo pills to be awake outside of biological schedule. Afaik even Airforce uses them. Just that today its modafinil and zopiclon, or zolpidem, forgot which one.

Of course belief to have bunk stuff does its own but cant mask a fucking half gram of meth. Acute tolerance (tachyphylaxis) does occur yet not with the first dose of a new substance after a break from coke.

I agree with that most likely it was bad quality and the OP is lucky not to have gotten pure d-meth this time.

As others have said, 0.5g of pure meth is an extremely high dose... it is prescribed in 5mg amounts as pharma pills (desoxyn). 25-30mg would make a drug naive person get really high. Granted, for you, you would need more to get really high, but if you're taking 0.5g and not really even feeling high, you're getting absolutely awful product. There is probably SOME amount of cross-tolerance between coke and meth, but not that much. Probably time to find a new source. But please don't assume that kind of amount is what you should be taking, and start MUCH lower with the next batch, because if it's actually good shit, that much would be WAYYYY too much and could hurt you badly, or worse.

Wait 5 days before you do meth, you'll learn after the results come out better

Your dopamine will recover at least 90%

Dang. No idea why I never see replies 🙄

I had zero break between the meth and coke. I started iv meth to cut down on cost. I’ve had three different batches of meth now from different vendors on web, I think I wrote before that I’ve been tested too as I’ve sought support through drug support here in the uk. First thing they do is to test you.

I’ve been out of coke for a day and it’s killing me. I didn’t realise how addicted I am to iv coke. Im using meth again iv to keep some vague sanity until the post comes. I just don’t get the effects. The past few days I’ve had an initial high, feels like my cheeks are on fire and going through a tunnel. Weird, not worth the faff, it does what I need as an interim. But the high I get when the coke hits is so much better. I can’t get enough of it. I’ve shot high doses of meth to get the effect above, I mean high but I’ll solidly sleep through the night still. Same with amp-salts. Coke, I’m a different person.

The first thing my doctors have done since me opening up about stuff is book me in for an ADHD assessment. The boxes tick but I didn’t develop any of the behaviours/signs/symptoms until I was older.

I guess I’ve just found it shocking that my experience is so different from others. I’m lucky, I’m truly glad that it hasn’t taken it’s hold. The only thing is, it’s made me realise how much the coke has. Also, mega horny on coke… not on meth.

Anyone in the uk needing help? ‘We are with you’ (was addaction) have been great. They give me all the works, pick sharp boxes up. Test you. Support worker. I’m on the inpatient detox list which looks a nice place. I don’t know how I’ve got into the place I am in now in less than a year. Even just shooting up the past few months, I’m covered in scars. I can’t drive anymore. Just sit around watching tv and shooting up all day.

So just a bit of background. Started using coke socially with friends. Had way more energy & happy, significant to me as severe depression. Started buying my own coke and got addicted and doing loads. Wrecked my nose and started iv-ing. Doing so much that I bought meth due to cost/length of time of coke, initially snorted then started doing it iv because of nose again.

Anyway, it’s not been long since I’ve doing meth iv. I know something is in my veins, if that makes sense, and I get the increased energy. But I get no high, nothing. In fact sometimes I feel shitty and dizzy. I still get the increase energy, if not I wouldn’t do it. But I’m just intrigued as to why I don’t get the experience that everyone seems to talk of?!
Do you take any meds like Risperidone? Or any other dopamine affecting medication? (most anti-psych meds will act the same way).. If so then it's your meds blocking the meth(dopamine) .. I use to have the same problem I would IV a huge amount only to get a mild, at best, rush and then no real high so to speak of.

Do you take any meds like Risperidone? Or any other dopamine affecting medication? (most anti-psych meds will act the same way).. If so then it's your meds blocking the meth(dopamine) .. I use to have the same problem I would IV a huge amount only to get a mild, at best, rush and then no real high so to speak of.
Yep I do take psych meds but their for bipolar. So… lithium, lamotrigine, diazepam none of which are dopamine affecting.

Cocaine though, something else.

nope but those are all heavy downing drugs which will definitely blunt the up of any coke or amphetamine high. but yeah, i still wager this is a purity issue. no way you should be able to shoot .5 and be remotely ok. I would find a new source

Yep I do take psych meds but their for bipolar. So… lithium, lamotrigine, diazepam none of which are dopamine affecting.

Cocaine though, something else.

Although Meth certainly gives your dopamine system a thorough workout it is a little simplistic to think of Meth as a one-receptor or even mainly one-receptor drug.

Your classic Meth high relies on Dopamine, Norepinephrine, and Serotonin. However, it also triggers several other systems - either directly or as a cascading process from an initial triggering of one or another of those first ‘big 3’ monoamines.

While Lamotrigine is not thought to interact directly with these 3, selectively binds and inhibits voltage-gated sodium channels, inhibits presynaptic glutamate and aspartate release.

I don’t know how this intersects with Meth’s mechanism of action. However, a lot of Meth’s damage is done via increasing glutamate (especially in the Striatum region of the brain.)

Long story short - your drugs could be influencing your meth experience.

But shit quality meth or tolerance also pretty likely/

nope but those are all heavy downing drugs which will definitely blunt the up of any coke or amphetamine high. but yeah, i still wager this is a purity issue. no way you should be able to shoot .5 and be remotely ok. I would find a new source
Yup. I don’t think they ‘down’ me much anymore. I’ve been on them for years. I’m not going to bother any more. I was looking for an alternative/longer ‘coke’ experience to save money. I’ve tried four dealers which all had good reviews. 🤷🏼‍♀️ I guess I shouldn’t moan! It seems quite a few others have had a similar experience.

Although Meth certainly gives your dopamine system a thorough workout it is a little simplistic to think of Meth as a one-receptor or even mainly one-receptor drug.

Your classic Meth high relies on Dopamine, Norepinephrine, and Serotonin. However, it also triggers several other systems - either directly or as a cascading process from an initial triggering of one or another of those first ‘big 3’ monoamines.

While Lamotrigine is not thought to interact directly with these 3, selectively binds and inhibits voltage-gated sodium channels, inhibits presynaptic glutamate and aspartate release.

I don’t know how this intersects with Meth’s mechanism of action. However, a lot of Meth’s damage is done via increasing glutamate (especially in the Striatum region of the brain.)

Long story short - your drugs could be influencing your meth experience.

But shit quality meth or tolerance also pretty likely/
I suspect out of the lot that lithium has the most effect (on me) in terms of effecting drugs as it rushes everything through the kidneys quickly.

I iv’d a whacking great dose of meth the last time I did it. I got a sort of weird high for about 30secs. Then I felt dizzy and was vomiting for about three hours. I’m never doing meth again.

Shooting coke, however, makes me high as a kite. I inject daily, I’m so addicted. I’m into detox next week and I’m absolutely dreading it but it’s ruining my life.

I suspect out of the lot that lithium has the most effect (on me) in terms of effecting drugs as it rushes everything through the kidneys quickly.
You could well be right. I don’t know a great deal about Lithium, although I was put on it for a while years ago.
I iv’d a whacking great dose of meth the last time I did it. I got a sort of weird high for about 30secs. Then I felt dizzy and was vomiting for about three hours. I’m never doing meth again.
First, never doing meth again is a great idea. Eapecially IV meth. Shooting meth never did me any good. But did you test and clean this meth before you shot it?

Even if I was only buying meth by the gram, I would acetone wash it before shooting it. Once you get the hang of it, you can go from bag of dirty meth to an armful of nice clean meth in around 15 minutes.
Shooting coke, however, makes me high as a kite. I inject daily, I’m so addicted. I’m into detox next week and I’m absolutely dreading it but it’s ruining my life.
IV coke was what ultimately put me in rehab many moons ago. It was the most dangerous and destructive drug/roa combo I’ve ever tangled with. It literally cost me EVERYTHING in less than six months. Marriage, house, six-figure executive job, friends, self/respect, professional reputation etc etc.

Good news is that after taking a good rehab very seriously it’s possible to get most good things in life back again.